Thread: How does a 3 or 4 team tie-breaker work?

How does a 3 or 4 team tie-breaker work?

I know we lose the tie breaker to Pitt if it is only us and them. But, how does it work if we're tied with Pitt and Cincy?

Or, with Pitt, Cincy and Miami?

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I know we lose the tie breaker to Pitt if it is only us and them. But, how does it work if we're tied with Pitt and Cincy?

Or, with Pitt, Cincy and Miami?
    Ties are broken within the division first.

For example, if 2 AFCN teams and a third team are tied for the final playoff spot, the tie between the AFCN teams is broken first, and the winner then goes to a tie breaker with the third team.

For instance, in your scenario, the tie would be broken between Pitt and Cincy first. If Pitt wins the tie breaker, then the tie is between Pitt and us, and Pitt wins because they beat us head to head. If Cincy wins the tie with Pitt, the tie is between Cincy and us and is broken as if it was a 2 team tie.

Same deal would apply if Miami is tied - the tie between us and Miami would be broken before we get to tie-breakers with any other 9-7 team.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    If you are concerned about this you have no reason to be concerned.