Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ravens Fire OC Cameron

Ravens Fire OC Cameron

@ProFootballTalk: Per @dpshow, change coming to Ravens coaching staff http://t.co/LLb4IAox

Interesting. Wonder if we'll take their DC again.

@ProFootballWkly: Dan Patrick says on @dpshow that there will be a "shakeup" with the #Ravens coaching staff "not on the side of the ball you'd expect."

Great article by Florio.

Do you think he laughed when he typed "Dean Pees in hot water?"

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Interestingly, I am stepping away from the ledge and willing to give REX a little more rope. yesterday the guys played hard, he let Coples play a bit more, Wilk looked good.

If he could just help develop these players. There are so many bad coaches in the league....

Dean Pees sucks...

One of the few guys Belichick has actually fired.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Interestingly, I am stepping away from the ledge and willing to give REX a little more rope. yesterday the guys played hard, he let Coples play a bit more, Wilk looked good.

If he could just help develop these players. There are so many bad coaches in the league....
    I feel you, but that was against ****ing Jacksonville, lol.

I'm glad Coples played more, but he should be in there damn near every down. HE NEEDS TIME ON THE FIELD, BUT WRECKS HASN'T BEEN GIVING IT TO HIM. I'd be willing to say that the guys playing hard had nothing to do with Wrecks.

Hall Of Fame
    An organization that knows when a mistake is made and corrects it rather than hoping for it to magically fix itself.

Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Wish they'd take back their former one.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    You'd figure some people would be pretty impressed that any coach could take this team with this level of talent and have them winning games. Hell, we are going to finish around 8-8 with one of the worst Qb's in football. Our best offensive and defensive players are hurt yet we are still managing to win games.

Absolutely it's partly Rex's decision to have that QB, but his job is to be the coach and not as much get the talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

@adbrandt: Oh. RT @jeffzrebiecsun: Ravens have let go Cam Cameron as offensive coordinator. Jim Caldwell will take over.

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Ravens dismissed offensive coordinator Cam Cameron and replaced him with quarterbacks coach Jim Caldwell.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

+1

I don't think Rex is the problem. He can clearly improve and still seems to be learning the HC ropes, but he gets the guys to play and is a very good football coach.

I just wish he'd be a little less risk-averse on the personnel changes. He stays committed to "his guys" a little too long when an outside observer would clearly make a few changes. I give him credit for diminishing Bart Scott's role and getting guys like Powell more involved on offense, but he's a little gun shy on the QB situation (although he did pull the trigger on benching Sanchez last week). I DO think that a lot of the personnel and playing time decisions, whether directly or indirectly, are based on pressure from above (i.e. Woody) which puts Rex in a tough spot.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    With the Ravens letting go of offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, can't help but wonder if they make a real play for Norv Turner in offseason

What's this?

A routinely successful organization making a mid-season move while we sit at a standstill?

I mean, riddle me shocked!

Hall Of Fame
    Jim Caldwell, LMAO

And people were saying Rex might not get a DC job if fired this year.

Is there any connection with rex and cameron?

Not that cam is any good, but we could really use some imagination injected into our offense.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    What's this?

A routinely successful organization making a mid-season move while we sit at a standstill?

I mean, riddle me shocked!
    This is amazing....if the Ravens just fired their OC, we should probably kill ours....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    This is amazing....if the Ravens just fired their OC, we should probably kill ours....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    The major difference there is that the ravens have a QB coach with enough experience to step in as an OC (even if it is jim caldwell). We have a Qb coach who is terrible, and would need to revamp the entire offense and terminology if he took over.