Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ravens Fire OC Cameron

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    If Rex was fired as HC he would have 3 defensive coordinator interviews lined up before he even walked out of the Jets complex.
    Honestly Rex would probably get another shot as a HC.

Far worse guys have gotten more second and third chances.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Ugh, I would say he learned more from his father. They're similar in approach. Nothing like Cam
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    not even close.
    This.

Schitty is nothing like Marty coaching wise.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you're going to tell me that the jets have equal talent on O this season as compared to when Shotty was here then you can go back to stroking yourself.

As usual you come through.

Balt was smart for recognizing a problem and letting Cam go.

The jets were looking for scapegoats when letting Shotty go.

And Mangini was let go to get a loudmouth HC? Really? LOL, as if anyone, anywhere knew Rex was even loud? Or that any idiot could clearly see if your HC is loud PSL sales would go through the roof. Or better yet, a untried HC would take the back pages away from the Giants.

Your problem is you assume that its all about PSLs or the Giants and then work backwards. I can make any move lead back that way if I want to.

You are too easy. You look for the bad in every move, you'll find it.
    Whaaa. Sanchez has no weapons.

You must have been under a rock when Rex was hired b.c you obviously missed him do the media rounds, talking about Belichick's rings and guaranteeing SBs. Then Hard Knocks.

Never said it was all about PSLs and winning back pages (thanks for putting words in my mouth) but there is a pattern of evidence since 2008. Giants win SB, Jets bring in Favre. Jet get negative press with Mangini and he is fired after 9-7 season, they bring in media-friendly Rex. Giants win second SB, Jets bring in Tebow. And if at this point in time you still think Tebow was a football move then there is nothing left to talk about.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    An organization that knows when a mistake is made and corrects it rather than hoping for it to magically fix itself.

Go figure.
    When I saw this thread, I was waiting for the first bozo to put this **** up, not suprised it was you.

Cameron has been the OC for several years, not 13 games as Sparano has, and not with the injuries he's had to deal with on offense.

But don't let that stop your shameless and pathetic agenda.

10,000 posts in one year, all to jump on a pedestal and spew your garbage?

Get a life

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    When I saw this thread, I was waiting for the first bozo to put this **** up, not suprised it was you.

Cameron has been the OC for several years, not 13 games as Sparano has, and not with the injuries he's had to deal with on offense.

But don't let that stop your shameless and pathetic agenda.

10,000 posts in one year, all to jump on a pedestal and spew your garbage?

Get a life
    Ya know what..if the JETS win out, I will personally start a thread apologizing to you. Seriously.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    This is amazing....if the Ravens just fired their OC, we should probably kill ours....

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    a team in the playoff hunt makes a move after a loss meanwhile the jets do nothing. goes to show the differnce in organizations and how they want to succeed.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Yet if they don't play hard that's on Rex??

Jets fans

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4719426]
    You can hang on the words of a presser, not understanding what he's doing and ignore the success he's had.

He's had more success than any HC here not named Weeb.

Joe Walton? Sure, his problem was injuries, LOL, you've got to be kidding.[/QUOTE]

I didn't say that. I said he had a great season that was ruined due to injuries. U know just like Wrecks had 2 good seasons. Didn't Rick Kotite had a 10 win season as HC of the Eagles once also.

The job of the HC is to coach the team and oversee the development of those placed under his charge. In this endeavor, this HC has failed miserably.
    And with the players that are now playing key roles on the team all by virtue of injuries, how are these players not being developed?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whaaa. Sanchez has no weapons.

You must have been under a rock when Rex was hired b.c you obviously missed him do the media rounds, talking about Belichick's rings and guaranteeing SBs. Then Hard Knocks.

Never said it was all about PSLs and winning back pages (thanks for putting words in my mouth) but there is a pattern of evidence since 2008. Giants win SB, Jets bring in Favre. Jet get negative press with Mangini and he is fired after 9-7 season, they bring in media-friendly Rex. Giants win second SB, Jets bring in Tebow. And if at this point in time you still think Tebow was a football move then there is nothing left to talk about.

You are truly clueless

It's all about agenda with you

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    a team in the playoff hunt makes a move after a loss meanwhile the jets do nothing. goes to show the differnce in organizations and how they want to succeed.
    Ozzy doesn't take ****

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    Sparano hasn't done anything special this year but he has 0 talent on offense. Schittenheimer had stacked teams from 2008 - 2011 to work with. Cameron has a top 5 OL, Ray Rice, Flacco, Boldin and Pitta.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Ya know what..if the JETS win out, I will personally start a thread apologizing to you. Seriously.
    There would be none needed, but I appreciate the sentiment.

We are all Jets fans, we all lose when the team struggles, I just don't jump off of a cliff when things aren't going well, especially with Rex right now, he's achieved some success with this team, more than any other coach with the exception of Weeb.

Teams just can't win every year, there are situations that evolve that are sometimes just out of the control of the people running the program, so many variables. Fans think this is fantasy sports, should be just a matter of firing the coach, hiring the next guy, and rebuilding the team every 3 years.

Not me, we'll never win with that formula, at the very worst, Rex and staff get the benefit of the doubt, and yeah, the way Rex has been able to get this team playing hard with the players he has available to him, it goes against most of the SOJF rants that have been made all year!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Ray Ray19;4719671]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post

And with the players that are now playing key roles on the team all by virtue of injuries, how are these players not being developed?
    Show me 1 player that has been developed in 4 years under this coaching staff.

How did u manage to make it look like i made that post?
    Last edited by Tinstar; 12-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flacco stinks.

I feel vindicated.

John Harbaugh and Ozzie make the move to insure that people realize that despite having Pitta, Bolden, Smith, and Rice, it was all on the OC and not on the fact that Flacco stinks.

55 yards passing against the Skins in the 2nd half and OT.

Flacco is terrible. Redskins secondary is horrendous.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4719734]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Show me 1 player that has been developed in 4 years under this coaching staff.

How did u manage to make it look like i made that post?
    I can name several...

Wilson

Wilkerson

Coples (already)

Powell in his second year is starting to look solid

Slauson is a very solid OG

Howard, now a starter, was developed since being added to team's PS last year

Kerley

Baker was looking pretty good before he got hurt

I thought Gates was starting to become a contributor before concussion

How can you not acknowledge the player Cromartie is now compared to when he was with the Chargers?

It's a stupid question, the issue is also the talent ceiling of the player, some develop at different rates

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotch View Post
    Great article by Florio.

Do you think he laughed when he typed "Dean Pees in hot water?"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some would.

The clueless, who are incapable of thought, just scream for the HC to be let go.

First they cry about the lack of talent, then want the HC fired. Makes sense right? Too stupid to think and realize with not much better talent he took this team to back to back AFCCGs. Talent falls off and its just so much easier to scream for the HCs head.
    Getting your team to play hard is one thing, getting them to play winning football is another. He has his strengths as a HC, but I think they're still pretty well balanced with his weaknesses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    An organization that knows when a mistake is made and corrects it rather than hoping for it to magically fix itself.

Go figure.
    But but but they're 9-4, all must be well. Just like everything is roses at 6-7 because you beat a couple cellar dwellers

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    But but but they're 9-4, all must be well. Just like everything is roses at 6-7 because you beat a couple cellar dwellers
    Who said everything was roses? I didn't say that.

I just don't think you can fire a head coach when HE HASN"T HAD A DISASTER SEASON!

There is no logic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Who said everything was roses? I didn't say that.

I just don't think you can fire a head coach when HE HASN"T HAD A DISASTER SEASON!

There is no logic.
    I'm not 100% in the Fire Rex camp yet. Sparano better be gone though. The fact is management has to look at this team realistically, identify weaknesses, and improve them. That Rex would turn back to Sanchez and go so far as to deactivate McElroy really starts to make me wonder if Rex is capable of looking at this team realistically and making tough assessments.