Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Here's the rift between the Jets and their Fans

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    That's right when something does not work, stick with it. It's gotta work eventually. The Jets never should have fired Mangini to hire Ryan. Heck, why'd they ever get rid of Herm.
    You clearly didnt read and or understand my last post. You can make changes that do not have to be drastic. A complete overhaul is not only drastic, but unnecessary.

Also, they are there to field the best team possible. That is what they get hired to do. I could care less who starts as long as they are the best if what we have. I believe the front office feels the same way. It's pretty clear that you would rather them make a drastic decision over a simple one. You would rather have a pretty loss than an ugly win.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    To save their job, Rex needs to win and win with Sanchez at the helm. He is in it for the best interest of himself and his cronies.
    Rex already saved his job. This team has no business being 6-7 with 0 talent at skill positions, mediocre O-line, Suckchise fumbling every other play and the Tebow idiocy.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Steve Young was a terribly mishandled quarterback under a terrible system.

How'd he turn out with a change of coaches and some playmakers?

SAR I
    Todd Marinovich, Jim Druckenmiller, Cade McNown, Dan McGwire,
    Akili Smith,JaMarcus Russell,Jack Thompson,Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Kelly Stouffer all say hello.
    All joking aside, Sanchez has had much more success than all of these stiffs combined. So, he still has the potential to turn it around...next year.

In the end, management is ultimately to blame for not developing their “Sanchize”qb better.

fans are sick and tired of having a bunch of baboons running the show.
    If wins, not sales came first, this team would have progressed rather than regressed over the last 3 yrs. Maybe a Superbowl would never be attained, but is it too much to ask that this team competes week in week out against the league’s best teams?

Fans are sick and tired of being the leaugue’s circus act. The Jets are worst than a cheap soap opera!
    we just just want a franchize that’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd goal is to win a superbowl, not to win the front page battle of the various daily NY rags.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    You clearly didnt read and or understand my last post. You can make changes that do not have to be drastic. A complete overhaul is not only drastic, but unnecessary.

Also, they are there to field the best team possible. That is what they get hired to do. I could care less who starts as long as they are the best if what we have. I believe the front office feels the same way. It's pretty clear that you would rather them make a drastic decision over a simple one. You would rather have a pretty loss than an ugly win.
    Bad teams win ugly. Good teams lose pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Steve Young was a terribly mishandled quarterback under a terrible system.

How'd he turn out with a change of coaches and some playmakers?

SAR I
    You do know that Steve Young started at QB for only 1 full season for the Bucs? He played 5 games in 1985 and 14 in 1986 before being acquired by the Niners.

ps. are you saying Sanchez could be the next Steve Young?

All League
    Bad teams win ugly. Good teams lose pretty.
    We are all entitled to our opinions. Some better than others.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Some better than others.
    Thanks for the concession.

All League
    Thanks for the concession.
    that makes no sense.

that makes no sense.
    You were conceding that my opinion was better than yours, weren't you?

All League
    You were conceding that my opinion was better than yours, weren't you?
    c'mon now. we both know that isnt true.

c'mon now. we both know that isnt true.
    Apparently only one us does not realize it isn't true and I'm pretty sure it's not me.

All League
    Apparently only one us does not realize it isn't true and I'm pretty sure it's not me.
    Well then...... I'm pretty sure it's not me either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianjetsfan View Post
    Todd Marinovich, Jim Druckenmiller, Cade McNown, Dan McGwire,
    Akili Smith,JaMarcus Russell,Jack Thompson,Ryan Leaf, Heath Shuler, Kelly Stouffer all say hello.
    All joking aside, Sanchez has had much more success than all of these stiffs combined. So, he still has the potential to turn it around...next year.

In the end, management is ultimately to blame for not developing their “Sanchize”qb better.

fans are sick and tired of having a bunch of baboons running the show.
    If wins, not sales came first, this team would have progressed rather than regressed over the last 3 yrs. Maybe a Superbowl would never be attained, but is it too much to ask that this team competes week in week out against the league’s best teams?

Fans are sick and tired of being the leaugue’s circus act. The Jets are worst than a cheap soap opera!
    we just just want a franchize that’s 1st, 2nd and 3rd goal is to win a superbowl, not to win the front page battle of the various daily NY rags.
    This 100%

To think that a QB just throws the ball to five from the bleachers and somehow elevates their play is INSANITY!!! And is strong evidence in and of itself of a LACK of a plan!!

I disagree. Any good GM canidate will want nothing to do with blowhard rex ryan. We need a clean house. No leftovers.
    You are aware of how well-respected Rex Ryan is in this league amongst his peers, don't you?

Any business would gladly sacrifice profits this year for long term stability and increasing profits in years to come. Football should be no different.

Mixing in another analogy, getting into the playoffs by some miracle of both the Steelers and Bengals going 1-2 and the Jets 3-0 does not erase the rotting foundation upon which the Jets are built.
    Any company with good management! In this case, outside of maybe 6 draft slots, this team could make all the same changes necessary whether they make the playoffs or not. Your argument (probably correctly) is that those changes won't get made if we make the playoffs or finish strong. A strong finish this year does not preclude them from change. Incompetent ownership holds back that decision!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    Any company with good management! In this case, outside of maybe 6 draft slots, this team could make all the same changes necessary whether they make the playoffs or not. Your argument (probably correctly) is that those changes won't get made if we make the playoffs or finish strong. A strong finish this year does not preclude them from change. Incompetent ownership holds back that decision!!!!
    I pray Tanny is gone regardless of how the Jets finished and that the new GM be permitted to decide Rex's fate. While I hold out hope that changes will be made regardless of how the Jets finish, I know the chances of change increase with every bumble as Rex and company stumble towards the finish line.

I pray Tanny is gone regardless of how the Jets finished and that the new GM be permitted to decide Rex's fate. While I hold out hope that changes will be made regardless of how the Jets finish, I know the chances of change increase with every bumble as Rex and company stumble towards the finish line.
    I agree.. GM first and let him decide the best way to move forward.... I don't think a playoff appearance saves Tanny. Any coach who could get this group of players into the playoffs deserves serious consideration to stay on for at least another year!

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I agree.. GM first and let him decide the best way to move forward.... I don't think a playoff appearance saves Tanny. Any coach who could get this group of players into the playoffs deserves serious consideration to stay on for at least another year!
    I have little hope for Rex. He fails miserably in the one skill which is a must for any successful coach... the ability to identity and hire young coaching talent as assistants. His coaching hires have been abysmal. No one looks to the Jets to hire away coaching talent. Dennis Thurmon is the only assistant coach who may move up somewhere. He is the only decent Coach Rex brought with him from Baltimore.

I disagree. Any good GM candidate will want nothing to do with blowhard rex ryan. We need a clean house. No leftovers.
    This is interesting. I like your posts in this thread.

Here's some misconceptions here:

Any new GM can't even begin to be analyzed in performance until he gets to bring in his coach. Any good owner knows this.

As such, you fully need to realize that Woody Johnson most likely does not.

How bad is Woody Johnson and what is my proof aside from my own opinion?

It lies with the following timeline:

1999: Jets go up for sale.

Late 1999: Parcells "retired" Due to the purchase being in 1/2000 it is relatively easy to surmise that Parcells had been introduced to the new owner.........Parcells replacement is Bill Belichick

A day later: Belichick resigns

1/18/2000: Woody buys Jets

In any event, I recall much speculation in the stands during the 2000 season that the new owner was a douche and that's why the guys who had revived the Jets had left.

I tend to believe that.

I also tend to believe that until he hires a true football guy and completely backs away from the team much in the same way Bob Kraft has, we are utterly without hope.

Because this all starts at the top. We can blame X, Y, or Z, but it is akin to blaming a WR for a drop on yet another Sanchez pass that he had to dive to catch (despite being behind the line of scrimmage,) the issue is reflected perfectly by Tebow and by Sanchez's continuing as a starter.

I don't expect them to lie down, I expect them to play to the best of their ability and be sabotaged by inept QB play finishing the season at 7-9.
    THIS!