Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Here's the rift between the Jets and their Fans

Here's the rift between the Jets and their Fans

Going through this forum I see a reoccuring trend, and that is the fact that Jets fans have given up on the season and hope for change, whether it's at QB, GM, the Coach or all of em. It seems most fans would rather we lose our remaining games and get a higher draft pick. As fans, whose real life and day-to-day activities remain unchanged by a W or L by the Jets on Sunday, its understandable that we want change by getting that higher draft pick or new GM or QB.

BUT that's the problem, we're only fans. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, and the rest of Jets organization are effected by the W or L and right now, with a shot to get into the playoffs, most fans are throwing their hands up and saying they're done for this year, but the players and staff are working their tails off to get into the playoffs because they're competitors. That to me says a lot about Rex and the coach staff, that even though theres a long shot of the Jets making it, Rex has his players working and playing hard. These guys aren't rolling over like a lot of teams would do after an underwhelming season where you lost your 2 best players.

So while most fans are washing their hands of this season, Rex is putting in Sanchez because he has the most playoff experience and "gives them the best chance to win". Rex and the Jets aren't giving up on the season, and that speaks volumes to me.

Thanks for the update, Rex.

Any business would gladly sacrifice profits this year for long term stability and increasing profits in years to come. Football should be no different.

Mixing in another analogy, getting into the playoffs by some miracle of both the Steelers and Bengals going 1-2 and the Jets 3-0 does not erase the rotting foundation upon which the Jets are built.

Just proved my point about the difference between fans and the team. As competitors they're not going to lie down and lose like most of you want. Jets fans are a pathetic bunch to not understand how much these guys want to win.

Does that excuse the FO and coaching for everything no. And no one's saying that but don't expect them to lie down just so fans can see the changes they want. The players and coaches are only concerned with winning.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

and tell us exactly what teams we`ve beaten this year REX that are going to make the playoffs this year. I always want these guys to WIN but we need a better group of guys.

Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Just proved my point about the difference between fans and the team. As competitors they're not going to lie down and lose like most of you want. Jets fans are a pathetic bunch to not understand how much these guys want to win.

Does that excuse the FO and coaching for everything no. And no one's saying that but don't expect them to lie down just so fans can see the changes they want. The players and coaches are only concerned with winning.
    I don't expect them to lie down, I expect them to play to the best of their ability and be sabotaged by inept QB play finishing the season at 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    and tell us exactly what teams we`ve beaten this year REX that are going to make the playoffs this year. I always want these guys to WIN but we need a better group of guys.
    You make fun of the Jets beating the same Arizona team that went to NE and beat them....

I'm happy that the players and coaching staff are still competing and trying to win every game. I expect them to. But that doesn't change the fact that many of them are grossly incompetent and will only contribute to future failures if they remain in their positions.

There is a chance for us to make the playoffs I think any fan that looks at the schedule can see the possibility BUT ... and here is the but why would we want to make the playoffs with such a poorly skilled offense?

You make fun of the Jets beating the same Arizona team that went to NE and beat them....
    Was Lindley the QB for that game?

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Any business would gladly sacrifice profits this year for long term stability and increasing profits in years to come. Football should be no different.

Mixing in another analogy, getting into the playoffs by some miracle of both the Steelers and Bengals going 1-2 and the Jets 3-0 does not erase the rotting foundation upon which the Jets are built.
    so Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez and company should sacrifice their efforts, and in turn, their own positions with the team for the benefit of the people that will replace them?

In what world does that make sense? You're a businessman, why don't you quit your job so I can take it? Don't worry, it's going to provide long term stability to the company you no longer work for.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez does not give this team "the best chance to win". Of the QBs on the roster, McElroy does. This team is built to ground and pound (as we've been told ad naseum) and to not turn the ball over. Turning the ball over is Mark Sanchez's trademark. Not turning the ball over is really the only thing McElroy has down pat. It was the theme of his entire college career, smart decisions, no turnovers. Really what he is, is a (hopefully) less fragile Chad Pennington. If they really wanted to win, they'd put in the guy who knows how to handle pressure. The guy who led his team to a National Championship. Not a Buttfumble.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Jets fans are a pathetic bunch to not understand how much these guys want to win.
    Oh.......the fans are the pathetic ones.

SOrry Jets. Our bad.

Carry on with wanting to win.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    There is a chance for us to make the playoffs I think any fan that looks at the schedule can see the possibility BUT ... and here is the but why would we want to make the playoffs with such a poorly skilled offense?
    This is exactly my point. Most fans don't want us to make the playoffs so we can have a higher pick. The players don't see it that way.

Was Lindley the QB for that game?
    Was Brady QBing for NE that day?

All League
    They are the same in name only. Had we played AZ in Sept. We would have lost. Hell, we barely beat them in Dec when they are arguably the worst team in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    so Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez and company should sacrifice their efforts, and in turn, their own positions with the team for the benefit of the people that will replace them?

In what world does that make sense? You're a businessman, why don't you quit your job so I can take it? Don't worry, it's going to provide long term stability to the company you no longer work for.
    ???? I thought we were talking about the fan's perspective and what they wanted? I was simply trying to illustrate why the fans (me included) want what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    Sanchez does not give this team "the best chance to win". Of the QBs on the roster, McElroy does. This team is built to ground and pound (as we've been told ad naseum) and to not turn the ball over. Turning the ball over is Mark Sanchez's trademark. Not turning the ball over is really the only thing McElroy has down pat. It was the theme of his entire college career, smart decisions, no turnovers. Really what he is, is a (hopefully) less fragile Chad Pennington. If they really wanted to win, they'd put in the guy who knows how to handle pressure. The guy who led his team to a National Championship. Not a Buttfumble.
    Based on you seeing McElroy play in 15 snaps? I think I'll take an NFL coaches opinion on a player he's seen in practice over the past year than your opinion as a professional couch potato.

???? I thought we were talking about the fan's perspective and what they wanted? I was simply trying to illustrate why the fans (me included) want what they want.
    Then you read wrong.

Based on you seeing McElroy play in 15 snaps? I think I'll take an NFL coaches opinion on a player he's seen in practice over the past year than your opinion as a professional couch potato.
    For my money, I'd go with Freestater's QB evaluation over Rex's.

Then you read wrong.
    So, your point is what exactly?? That we should stop thinking and posting, and just watch idly as Rex and Tanny screw the future through their piss poor decision of today?