Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95

Thread: Here's the rift between the Jets and their Fans

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,993
    To save their job, Rex needs to win and win with Sanchez at the helm. He is in it for the best interest of himself and his cronies.

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Based on you seeing McElroy play in 15 snaps? I think I'll take an NFL coaches opinion on a player he's seen in practice over the past year than your opinion as a professional couch potato.
    No. Based on three years of starts at a top notch SEC team facing some of the best defenses in college, added to the fact that he didn't commit the errors against the very same defense Mr. Buttfumble tossed 3 picks against, (shoulda been 4) last week, the man should have at least been an alternative for the Jets this week.... but no....... not with our geniuses. With them, they'd prefer to sit the guy in favor of a broken gimmick. (who by the way, is notoriously awful in practice, so there goes your theory about their fantastic decisions after watching these guys in practice)

    You're an idiot if you think these guys are about winning. They're about sales.

    Period.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    13,858
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    So, your point is what exactly?? That we should stop thinking and posting, and just watch idly as Rex and Tanny screw the future through their piss poor decision of today?
    Yup. I'm pretty sure that's his point.

  4. #24
    As fans, the best thing we can do for our team is CONFORM!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    No. Based on three years of starts at a top notch SEC team facing some of the best defenses in college, added to the fact that he didn't commit the errors against the very same defense Mr. Buttfumble tossed 3 picks against, (shoulda been 4) last week, the man should have at least been an alternative for the Jets this week.... but no....... not with our geniuses. With them, they'd prefer to sit the guy in favor of a broken gimmick. (who by the way, is notoriously awful in practice, so there goes your theory about their fantastic decisions after watching these guys in practice)

    You're an idiot if you think these guys are about winning. They're about sales.

    Period.
    1.) Becuase success in college has always translated to the NFL

    2.) You really think Rex Ryan and Mo Wilkerson care more about sales than winning and competing...

    You call me an idiot but your the one who believes at the end of the day Mark and Rex care more about the stadium selling out than winning a football game.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    To save tanny's job, Rex needs to win and win with Sanchez at the helm. He is in it for the best interest of himself and his cronies.
    rex will stay if he wins with whomever at qb. tanny needs sanchez to shine. there's a big difference.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    so Rex, Tannenbaum, Sanchez and company should sacrifice their efforts, and in turn, their own positions with the team for the benefit of the people that will replace them?
    In what world does that make sense? You're a businessman, why don't you quit your job so I can take it? Don't worry, it's going to provide long term stability to the company you no longer work for.
    I think this sums up my point perfectly. As competitors Rex, Sanchez and the rest of the players aren't going to lay down. Most teams would have by now.

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,993
    rex will stay if he wins with whomever at qb. tanny needs sanchez to shine. there's a big difference.
    I disagree. Any good GM canidate will want nothing to do with blowhard rex ryan. We need a clean house. No leftovers.

  9. #29
    I don't see how anyone can still say Sanchez gives us the best chance to win. Even Rex clearly does not believe that as evidenced by the super run-heavy gameplan and conservative game management. He doesn't believe in Sanchez but is being forced to play him because of his contract.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    I think this sums up my point perfectly. As competitors Rex, Sanchez and the rest of the players aren't going to lay down. Most teams would have by now.
    Just checkn'... but am I to understand that they've been trying to win all season?

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,135
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Going through this forum I see a reoccuring trend, and that is the fact that Jets fans have given up on the season and hope for change, whether it's at QB, GM, the Coach or all of em. It seems most fans would rather we lose our remaining games and get a higher draft pick. As fans, whose real life and day-to-day activities remain unchanged by a W or L by the Jets on Sunday, its understandable that we want change by getting that higher draft pick or new GM or QB.

    BUT that's the problem, we're only fans. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, and the rest of Jets organization are effected by the W or L and right now, with a shot to get into the playoffs, most fans are throwing their hands up and saying they're done for this year, but the players and staff are working their tails off to get into the playoffs because they're competitors. That to me says a lot about Rex and the coach staff, that even though theres a long shot of the Jets making it, Rex has his players working and playing hard. These guys aren't rolling over like a lot of teams would do after an underwhelming season where you lost your 2 best players.

    So while most fans are washing their hands of this season, Rex is putting in Sanchez because he has the most playoff experience and "gives them the best chance to win". Rex and the Jets aren't giving up on the season, and that speaks volumes to me.
    I don't give a sh*t about the higher draft pick. IN FACT - i've seen very few people bring that up. It has nothing to do with "Suck for luck" or "bush sweepstakes"...

    It has to do with this team exposes it's weaknesses. Exorcizing them. Winning meaningless games by hiding Sanchez does nothing but give us another cornhole offseason. THAT SUCKS. Throw someone else in there. See if it works. Demote Wilson. Play Coples more. Give the rock to Powell for 15 straight touches. Sign TO.

    Do something. Show me... ah, how do you say--

    Accountability.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Just checkn'... but am I to understand that they've been trying to win all season?
    You can think what you want, even if your wrong.

  13. #33
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Going through this forum I see a reoccuring trend, and that is the fact that Jets fans have given up on the season and hope for change, whether it's at QB, GM, the Coach or all of em. It seems most fans would rather we lose our remaining games and get a higher draft pick. As fans, whose real life and day-to-day activities remain unchanged by a W or L by the Jets on Sunday, its understandable that we want change by getting that higher draft pick or new GM or QB.

    BUT that's the problem, we're only fans. Rex, Tanny, Sanchez, and the rest of Jets organization are effected by the W or L and right now, with a shot to get into the playoffs, most fans are throwing their hands up and saying they're done for this year, but the players and staff are working their tails off to get into the playoffs because they're competitors. That to me says a lot about Rex and the coach staff, that even though theres a long shot of the Jets making it, Rex has his players working and playing hard. These guys aren't rolling over like a lot of teams would do after an underwhelming season where you lost your 2 best players.

    So while most fans are washing their hands of this season, Rex is putting in Sanchez because he has the most playoff experience and "gives them the best chance to win". Rex and the Jets aren't giving up on the season, and that speaks volumes to me.
    The reason there is a rift between the Jets and their fans is this:

    Since 1997 we've been averaging 10 wins a year when our quarterback is healthy and we haven't gone to the Super Bowl because our head coaches suck.

    Al Groh.
    Herman Edwards.
    Eric Mangini.
    Rex Ryan.

    Suck. Suck. Suck. Suck.

    SAR I

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,993
    Al Groh.
    Herman Edwards.
    Eric Mangini.
    Rex Ryan.
    The 1st 3 are not even coaching football in any capacity right now and the 4th will be canned in 3 weeks.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I don't give a sh*t about the higher draft pick. IN FACT - i've seen very few people bring that up. It has nothing to do with "Suck for luck" or "bush sweepstakes"...

    It has to do with this team exposes it's weaknesses. Exorcizing them. Winning meaningless games by hiding Sanchez does nothing but give us another cornhole offseason. THAT SUCKS. Throw someone else in there. See if it works. Demote Wilson. Play Coples more. Give the rock to Powell for 15 straight touches. Sign TO.

    Do something. Show me... ah, how do you say--

    Accountability.
    I guess I haven't explained myself properly. But the Jets are not changing anything at this moment, because, ya know they're focusing on trying to make the playoffs by winning these "meaningless games" as us fans call them and a huge shake up at this point is pointless.


    P.S Powell carried 17 times against the Jags.
    Sign T.O?? really??

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The 1st 3 are not even coaching football in any capacity right now and the 4th will be canned in 3 weeks.
    You will be in for a surprise in 3 weeks.

  17. #37
    Originally Posted by bgivs21
    I think this sums up my point perfectly. As competitors Rex, Sanchez and the rest of the players aren't going to lay down. Most teams would have by now.
    Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN
    Just checkn'... but am I to understand that they've been trying to win all season?
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    You can think what you want, even if your wrong.

    Wait... so, they've not been trying to win?

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    Based on you seeing McElroy play in 15 snaps? I think I'll take an NFL coaches opinion on a player he's seen in practice over the past year than your opinion as a professional couch potato.
    Ha, Ha this is also the coaching staff that went into the season with Hunter at RT & started Hill at WR?

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    10,200
    Quote Originally Posted by bgivs21 View Post
    I guess I haven't explained myself properly. But the Jets are not changing anything at this moment, because, ya know they're focusing on trying to make the playoffs by winning these "meaningless games" as us fans call them and a huge shake up at this point is pointless.


    P.S Powell carried 17 times against the Jags.
    Sign T.O?? really??
    the JETS are barely beating the bad teams ,and getting beat by the all the good teams ,the fans aren`t buying tix. to home & away games to root for them to lose ,it`s tuff enough wearing opposing colors when you WIN walking around town ,it really stinks when you fly cross country & your team gets blown away! Try not to let me down in Nashville

  20. #40
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    The 1st 3 are not even coaching football in any capacity right now and the 4th will be canned in 3 weeks.
    With the sole exception of Pete Carroll, not a single ex-Jets head coach did a damned thing in the NFL, and the Seattle jury's still out on Mr. Basketball.

    No more rookie head coaches. No more. Not again. No. Nope.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us