Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else realize we've got a Top 10 (8th) Defense this year?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    As mentioned above, not top-10 in points, and our stats have been padded from the past two weeks against AZ and Jax.
    Yes, and none of those other top 5 defenses ever play against poor offenses.

Great logic...

Henne sucks because the Jets stopped him yet he scores TD after TD against Houston.

Same garbage I had to hear after Luck did **** against us too.

The numbers are the numbers... We're always top 10 on D with Rex here and always will be. Yet people always try to make excuses for it.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink

the run D is awful. Pouha and Devito have been major disappointments this year. Mo Wilk is carrying the load.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Team is 19th in points allowed though..
    Points allowed and forced turnovers means nothing.

It's all about yardage when evaluating a defense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    even when talking about the D, sanchez comes up in the convo

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol @ trying to use the thanksgiving game as a negative for the D. ST, Intchez and the offense were why we lost that ****.

Maybe if our Failchez and the offense was worth a dick then our D wouldn't constantly be on the field and tired. When they're constantly on the field, the Offense is going to score.
    I think the 82 yard swing pass that the guy went untouched started the 21 points in 52 second thing.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    we were A top 5 defense last year as I recall ,so we aren`t getting better!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mc College Kid

Did anyone else realize we've got a Top 10 (8th) Defense this year?
    No.

Because we can see we suck.

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    the run D is awful. Pouha and Devito have been major disappointments this year. Mo Wilk is carrying the load.
    The run D has been really puzzling. Had Jax committed more to the run yesterday we probably lose that game. Not good when Montell Owens, an undrafted scrub, is gashing you up the middle. We need to address that this offseason.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get caught up in defensive rankings. Especially yardage. Because if you were going to judge defense by yardage, the Jags had a better defense than us yesterday. So theres that.

Our Defense has not been good this year. There are no great defenses, there are a handful of good defenses and then you can bunch the next 15 or so together.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    The only D stats that really matter are points and turnovers.
    While that's the only stat that matters, the idea that the Patriots are 2nd in the league in takeaways is completely skewed by the fact that their offense leads the league in scoring.
    Defenses can take more chances with large leads.
    Do we ever have a large lead?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I was just looking at some team stats and rankings on ESPN and we're ranked 8th. 3rd in Passing D, 28th in Rushing D, and 8th in Total D.

Da fuq? Seems so odd for some reason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...sition/defense

Conversely, we're ranked 30th in Total Offense, 30th in Passing Offense, and 11th in Rushing Offense. We're only ahead of Arizona and Jacksonville in Total Offense.

Damn, it's a good thing we have Murk Sanchurz to save us from our 8th ranked D and 11th ranked running game.
    By the end of the season, we'll have both a top 10 Defense and a top 10 Rushing offense.

Many Fans will say it doesn't count, because we played easy teams at the end.

Sanchez will be the lowest ranked QB in the NFL, with the most turnovers of any QB in the NFL.

Many Fans will say that doesn't count, because Sanchez had nothing to work with.

And the beat rolls on.

Bench Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing how things change... We are a laughing stock yet we are probably going to finish 8-8...

And now people want to get rid of Rex even though the guy has never had a losing season with this team, and made it to two AFC championship games despite having a bottom 5 QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    No.

Because we can see we suck.

SAR I
    Don't worry, SAR, Sanchez is still developing.........

Top 10 D.

7 games against teams over .500 allowing 29 points per game against those teams.

2nd season in a row without a quality win. 2009 and 2010 teams beat the Pats once in the regular season.

It's fun to twist numbers when the entire last, what, 5 or 6 games of your schedule involve the raw sewerage of the NFL, eh?

Woody takes everybody with optimism to the bank, sodomizes you and cashes in with your MAC card.
    Last edited by PMarsico9; 12-10-2012 at 02:59 PM.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Yes, and none of those other top 5 defenses ever play against poor offenses.

Great logic...

Henne sucks because the Jets stopped him yet he scores TD after TD against Houston.

Same garbage I had to hear after Luck did **** against us too.

The numbers are the numbers... We're always top 10 on D with Rex here and always will be. Yet people always try to make excuses for it.
    Lets see where we are at the end of the season,I think we will end up around 13

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Amazing how things change... We are a laughing stock yet we are probably going to finish 8-8...

And now people want to get rid of Rex even though the guy has never had a losing season with this team, and made it to two AFC championship games despite having a bottom 5 QB.
    People want to get rid of Rex because he didn't dress the #3 QB.

Thats all that bnees said tbqh.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    While that's the only stat that matters, the idea that the Patriots are 2nd in the league in takeaways is completely skewed by the fact that their offense leads the league in scoring.
    Defenses can take more chances with large leads.
    Do we ever have a large lead?
    That's the genius of Rex, why design an offense capable of building a large lead? That's for the other guys. Give me bumbling incompetence every day of the week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Don't worry, SAR, Sanchez is still developing.........

Top 10 D.

7 games against teams over .500 allowing 29 points per game against those teams.

It's fun to twist numbers when the entire last, what, 5 or 6 games of your schedule involve the raw sewerage of the NFL, eh?

Woody takes everybody with optimism to the bank, sodomizes you and cashes in with your MAC card.
    All joking and stat-twisting aside, we all can see we suck in all phases of the game. We're 1-11 against teams that end their seasons with winning records since 2010. Not time for a parade methinks.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    All joking and stat-twisting aside, we all can see we suck in all phases of the game. We're 1-11 against teams that end their seasons with winning records since 2010. Not time for a parade methinks.

SAR I
    exactly

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    People want to get rid of Rex because he didn't dress the #3 QB.
    People want to get rid of Rex because he's a lousy head coach. Well, the smart people at least.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    People want to get rid of Rex because he's a lousy head coach. Well, the smart people at least.

SAR I
    If I am dumb for wanting to keep a 4-year Head Coach who has yet to have a losing season and puts up consistent top 10 Defenses and runnign games, so be it.

There is only one head I want on a pike this coming offseason, and I know I'm not getting it, so

Rabble-rabble on, Sanchez is innocent, it's all that Fat Rex fellow over there!