Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Did anyone else realize we've got a Top 10 (8th) Defense this year?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Minkaveli View Post
    We lead the league in butt fumbles though.
    Clever...

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    How many defensive scores, special teams scores, scores set up by offensive turnovers, score given up in the 4th quarter after being on the field too much due to Suckchez 3 and outs.

Point allowed really means nothing when judging a defense, since it doesn't really tell how many points the defense actually allowed.
    True, then again all teams give up points through offensive/special team flubs, not just the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Playing horrid offenses will always pad your statistics. Although the defense is getting better, I just think they are lacking in spots. Their linebackers are horrible and they cannot generate a consistent pass rush. They are also young and tend to be inconsistent against good offenses.

I can see Wilkerson and Coples creating a pretty good pass rush in the future, but they still need a linebacker that can sack the QB also.
    Who is young? Coples and Demario are not even on the field 1/2 the time. Then there is Wilkenson and Ellis who are in their 3rd year. The jets have an old defense.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Offense is 24th in Firstdowns, Mark is 34th in QBR. While only throwing for 12 TDs, Mark has thrown 13 INTs and has lost 6 of 11 fumbles. That's 19 turnovers with 3 games left to play. His bad play combined with his turnovers cause our D to be on the field more and tire out. I'm not surprised they're 19th in points allowed with a QB that can't keep them on the sideline.
    And don't forget the disaster that has been our specials teams this year.