Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 year old Car Jacker

All Pro

11 year old Car Jacker

Kids are quite lucky they were not killed, I wonder what the ultimate outcome will be for them and there parents if they have any parents.

Kudos for the Cawps, I bet they never expected to run into a situation quite like this when they showed up for work on Saturday.

================================================== ==

PORTLAND, Ore. – Police said two boys, ages 11 and 7, tried to rob and carjack a woman at gunpoint in Southeast Portland Saturday afternoon.

The 11-year-old boy had a loaded handgun, police said.

Someone called police to report that an 11-year-old boy spotted another 11-year-old boy with a loaded handgun near Southeast 160th and Alder Street just after 12 p.m., according to Sgt. Pete Simpson.

When police arrived, they spotted two boys who tried to run away when officers talked to them.

Officers stopped them near the Freedom Foursquare Church. They told the 11-year-old boy to keep his hands out of his pockets, but he refused, Simpson said. An officer grabbed his arms and found a cocked and loaded handgun in his pocket.

Police were later flagged down by Ami Garrett, 22, who told them the two boys tried to rob her and steal her truck.

Garrett said she was sitting in her truck and waiting for her parents outside the church when the boys approached her and threatened to shoot her if she didn't give them her truck.

Garrett said the 7-year-old told the 11-year-old to “show her your piece.” The 11-year-old then lifted his shirt and showed Garrett the gun, Simpson said.

When Garrett refused to give the boys her truck, they demanded her wallet and phone and said they would shoot her if she didn’t give them anything.

Garrett drove away and called 9-1-1. As she pulled away, Garrett said she saw the 11-year-old pull the gun from his pocket.

No one was hurt and no shots were fired.

Simpson said due the boys’ ages, they cannot be taken to the Donald E. Long Juvenile Detention Home. They were both left with their parents.

It’s unclear where the 11-year-old boy got the handgun. Robbery detectives are investigating the case

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I wonder what the ultimate outcome will be for them and there parents if they have any parents.
    WHere do you think they got the gun?

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Kids are quite lucky they were not killed, I wonder what the ultimate outcome will be for them and there parents if they have any parents.

Kudos for the Cawps, I bet they never expected to run into a situation quite like this when they showed up for work on Saturday.

================================================== ==
    A liberal state with all the outreach has problems like this? I am shocked.

It's society's fault.

All Pro
    Another reason guns should be illegal. How did an 11 year old even buy a gun?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    He lied on his permit app.....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

This is a joke, right?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

How did an 11 year old even buy a gun?
    The ad was in the back of Archie Comix between "Sell Grit!!" and "Seamonkeys!!!"...

"Buy a gat, yo!!!"

-

Jets Insider VIP
    A PA dude killed his sopne when he slammed his gun on his dashboard after a gun shop wouldn't give him cash for it.

Darwin.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    Darwin.
    Not quite, he can still reproduce more sopne killers.

If he offed himself, well....

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    The ad was in the back of Archie Comix between "Sell Grit!!" and "Seamonkeys!!!"...

"Buy a gat, yo!!!"

-

BTW, knowing that the kid had a loaded and ready firearm in his pocket and refused to acquiesce to the cop's orders to show his hands makes me wish that they had blazed him where he stood. Sorry to be a cynic, but this kid will hurt more people, no matter the interventions he receives.

Jets Insider VIP
    Swag

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    This is a joke, right?
    Yes detective, it was a joke.

Did I forget the ?

This wouldn't have happened if Romney won.

All Pro
    I have no idea where the gun came from, but my first thought is it was the fathers or he got it from a older brother.

I heard Justice Kennedy say today that teens are capable of changing, not so sure he is wrong. I think these boys have a life of struggles to look forward to, ,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by gunnails; 12-10-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FF2® View Post
    This wouldn't have happened if Romney won.
    Wtf...no Foxboro for you tonight?

-

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yes detective, it was a joke.

Did I forget the ?

All Pro
    A little bit of follow up.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

PORTLAND, OR (KPTV) -
    A gun task force served a search warrant at a southeast Portland home Tuesday in connection with an armed robbery committed by two boys, ages 7 and 11.
    Officers arrested Joseph Charlton, the father of the 11-year-old, while serving the warrant near Southeast 160th Avenue and Alder Street.

The Department of Human Services also took three children from the home and placed them into protective custody Tuesday: a 4-year-old girl, a 9-year-old boy and an 11-year-old boy.
    Multiple people who live and work in the neighborhood said it's not the first time the 11-year-old boy has flashed a weapon at someone.

A security guard for the church told FOX 12 the boy has vandalized the property in the past and pulled a knife on him.

At a community meeting Monday night, neighbor Leslie Hendrix said the boy stole her son's scooter, and in a separate incident, flashed a knife at her husband.

Hendrix said she spoke with the boy's mother on both occasions, but now realizes she should have called police.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Amy Garrett: Portland woman 'held at gunpoint by two boys aged 7 and 11 in attempted carjacking' | Mail Online

‘...they took my statement while they had the 11yr old in the back of the cop car and he was kicking the car. The cop told me that the kid was acting like a 40yr old heroin addict."

Also interesting to note children under the age of 12 can not be arrested in OR. so the children were remanded into there parents custody.

2 to 3 hours after this all went down the victim of the attempted car jacking was being interviewed at the scene by the news. The kid walks up on the interview and just hangs about standing next to the victim, then slowly wonders off.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post

BTW, knowing that the kid had a loaded and ready firearm in his pocket and refused to acquiesce to the cop's orders to show his hands makes me wish that they had blazed him where he stood. Sorry to be a cynic, but this kid will hurt more people, no matter the interventions he receives.
    Er... why exactly is an 11 year old kid beyond all hope of rehabilitation?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Axil View Post
    Er... why exactly is an 11 year old kid beyond all hope of rehabilitation?
    Any child that doesn't have the common sense to respect authority (or life) in acting in such a wanton way with a firearm. I admitted that it was a cynical view. If you feel otherwise, please feel free to share.