Thread: Conspiracy theory and how to stay mediocre..............forever

Conspiracy theory and how to stay mediocre..............forever

I have no doubt in my mind that going into the meeting on Monday, prior to his naming Asschez the starter this week, Rex had every intention of putting in McElroy.

Why wouldn't he? He is exactly all Rex has wanted: A QB who won't lose you the game.

See it's not hard to see through Rex because he's not a great liar and he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

So when Rex tells you that "Mark Sanchez has won a lot of games for us," he legitimately means that. He means that he didn't lose alot of games for the team, which in Rex's mind, isn't roughly the same thing. I mean you can ask Rex and he probably will tell you straight up that there's not a big difference between Jim McMahon and Joe Montana. I'm not exaggerating here.

Rex will tell you that both won Championships and to him that's good enough. Which is fine.

Which is why going into that fateful meeting Monday, Rex, Tannenbaum, Sparano, Pettine, and Woody Johnson sat down and the following likely ensued:

Rex: I'm leaning towards McElroy.

Woody: I really want to see how Tebow does. (Woody leaves room.)

Tannenbaum: You are going to cost me my job, Mark's won (remember, this
    means not-lost) a lot of games for us.

Sparano: You are going to cost me my job, I promised to design an offense that completely overcomes Mark's shortcomings and I'm going to do it!

(Tannenbaum and Sparano leave room)

Rex: Mike, McElroy is the exact Dilfer I've been looking for.

Pettine: So we can't give up more than 10? Let's do it baby.

See I firmly believe this happened. Or something similar. I don't think Rex truly believes that either Sanchez or Tebow will provide less risk at losing his defense the game than McElroy does. And most would probably agree. McElroy was groomed to be exactly that. He won a National Championship by handing the ball off to Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram.

His line in that game? 6-11, 58 yards. NO INT'S. No turnovers at all. That was with two cracked ribs. But it showed what he is, and that's Rex's ideal QB: Don't turn the ball over, don't lose the game.

Essentially, McElroy was as close to being groomed for Rex's satisfaction as possible.

Now let's take this further:

Following a 11-5 season, why did the Jets fall to 8-8 last year? How did it all fall apart?

Well if you aren't aware, strength of schedule goes up following a season like that.

Let's call this the Chicago Bear/Cincinnati Bengal rule.

Why?

Well because these are teams that over the term of their current head coaches seem to repeatedly go from 9-7 to 11-5 following bad years to 6-10 to 8-8 following good years.

It's like clockwork.

I don't think anybody who wants this Jets team to win out and possibly even make the playoffs realizes this.

You only have to look as far as the Blue New York team to understand why:

They stunk and got Eli Manning, far and away the best QB prospect of the 2004 draft.

You can buy into the same lip service Rex gave you this past Monday and think that the Giants didn't know what they could in that 2004 draft and didn't purposely suck that year.

Or you can stay the SOJF you are and keep rooting for Joey Harrington.

Don't worry, at some point, the "win games with defense and without throwing the ball" system will work. Just like at some point Harrington and Sanchez will develop and become Pro-Bowlers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why is this so hard to grasp?

Rex needs sanchez to succeed to save his job. If he benches sanchez, tanny is gone and the new gm will not want the blowhard clown around.

Its very simple.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I have no doubt in my mind that going into the meeting on Monday, prior to his naming Asschez the starter this week, Rex had every intention of putting in McElroy.

Why wouldn't he? He is exactly all Rex has wanted: A QB who won't lose you the game.

See it's not hard to see through Rex because he's not a great liar and he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

So when Rex tells you that "Mark Sanchez has won a lot of games for us," he legitimately means that. He means that he didn't lose alot of games for the team, which in Rex's mind, isn't roughly the same thing. I mean you can ask Rex and he probably will tell you straight up that there's not a big difference between Jim McMahon and Joe Montana. I'm not exaggerating here.

Rex will tell you that both won Championships and to him that's good enough. Which is fine.

Which is why going into that fateful meeting Monday, Rex, Tannenbaum, Sparano, Pettine, and Woody Johnson sat down and the following likely ensued:

Rex: I'm leaning towards McElroy.

Woody: I really want to see how Tebow does. (Woody leaves room.)

Tannenbaum: You are going to cost me my job, Mark's won (remember, this
    means not-lost) a lot of games for us.

Sparano: You are going to cost me my job, I promised to design an offense that completely overcomes Mark's shortcomings and I'm going to do it!

(Tannenbaum and Sparano leave room)

Rex: Mike, McElroy is the exact Dilfer I've been looking for.

Pettine: So we can't give up more than 10? Let's do it baby.

See I firmly believe this happened. Or something similar. I don't think Rex truly believes that either Sanchez or Tebow will provide less risk at losing his defense the game than McElroy does. And most would probably agree. McElroy was groomed to be exactly that. He won a National Championship by handing the ball off to Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram.

His line in that game? 6-11, 58 yards. NO INT'S. No turnovers at all. That was with two cracked ribs. But it showed what he is, and that's Rex's ideal QB: Don't turn the ball over, don't lose the game.

Essentially, McElroy was as close to being groomed for Rex's satisfaction as possible.

Now let's take this further:

Following a 11-5 season, why did the Jets fall to 8-8 last year? How did it all fall apart?

Well if you aren't aware, strength of schedule goes up following a season like that.

Let's call this the Chicago Bear/Cincinnati Bengal rule.

Why?

Well because these are teams that over the term of their current head coaches seem to repeatedly go from 9-7 to 11-5 following bad years to 6-10 to 8-8 following good years.

It's like clockwork.

I don't think anybody who wants this Jets team to win out and possibly even make the playoffs realizes this.

You only have to look as far as the Blue New York team to understand why:

They stunk and got Eli Manning, far and away the best QB prospect of the 2004 draft.

You can buy into the same lip service Rex gave you this past Monday and think that the Giants didn't know what they could in that 2004 draft and didn't purposely suck that year.

Or you can stay the SOJF you are and keep rooting for Joey Harrington.

Don't worry, at some point, the "win games with defense and without throwing the ball" system will work. Just like at some point Harrington and Sanchez will develop and become Pro-Bowlers.
    Why do you keep coming up with these hypothetical conversation threads???

They are terrible. Please stop them.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post

+1,000,000

What makes you keep gobbling up the crap these idiots keep feeding the media?

Rex Ryan has been around the NFL for his entire life. You must think he's mentally impaired if you buy that Sanchez is "his guy."

Rex would take a stick with velcro on it that could hand the ball off and receive snaps.

I guess your post made sense in your head?

Because it sure didn't in written form...

Jets Insider VIP

+a billion

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Why is this so hard to grasp?

Rex needs sanchez to succeed to save his job. If he benches sanchez, tanny is gone and the new gm will not want the blowhard clown around.

Its very simple.
    Its even simpler.

As bad as Sanchez is, he knows what he is and what he isn't.

He doesn't have time to guess on what McElroy will do. He doesn't get to guess about QBs like fans here who go from singing the praises of a QB to killing him as soon as they latch onto a new name.

A diatribe over some bs conversation, most of which makes no sense or is just flat out wrong.

Jets Insider VIP
    Shorter conversation:

"Starting McElroy will cost us our jobs. If Sanchez only hands off we'll be fine."