Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So we're still in the playoff race yet we should clean house?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    How many wins do the Patriots have? 1 more than they have and sweeping them in a business as usual manner. If you want to keep being a runner up, enjoy what we have, I want the Jets to be the best. We are as close to being the best as the Cardinals are.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    At the minimum Tannenbaum needs to be fired or demoted. The level of talent on this team, even when the season started and everyone was healthy, isn't acceptable. How many of our players would start for teams that we are "supposed to be" similar to - Baltimore and San Francisco?
    How could anybody possibly know this?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I knew it. We had a roster with more holes than a block of swiss cheese. Instead of brining in quality replacements, Tanny traded for Teblow. I was saying last March we would be no better than last year and we are not any better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Exactly how many wins would have taken to keep youu people happy?? All this fire Rex and the whole coaching staff is and we need to rebuild is stupid we already are rebuilding Wilk Coples Powell Hill Kerley Wilson Davis all benefit from the playing time they're getting this year. Hopefully with Tanny getting demoted we can get a football minded gm who can get us some more speed at lb we get a explosive running back. Plus Revis and Holmes coming back that obviously is going to be huge help. This time next year everyone is going to be thrilled Rex and Sanchez are still here mark my words.
    Thrilled that Sanchez is here next year? Yeah, I want the guy who got benched last week and threw for 120 yards yesterday. Please, give me more of him

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Anyone but anyone can see this team is terrible. Last years team, with this schedule would be 11-5.
    This year's schedule has been tougher then last years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    In comparison to the other teams around the league, our roster just doesn't stack up. And I posted that many times before the season, not using hindsight here. How many probowl players do we even have? Just Cromartie (and Revis before he got hurt).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In comparison to the other teams around the league, our roster just doesn't stack up. And I posted that many times before the season, not using hindsight here. How many probowl players do we even have? Just Cromartie (and Revis before he got hurt).
    So Mangold is not a pro-bowler?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The offensive personnel is mostly horrible, and it starts with the QB. You can't have a terrible player at the league's most important position and expect to consistently win. Not to mention we don't really have a single skill player that teams have to gameplan around. Holmes would have been the closest, but coming off of an 800 yard season, he wasn't exactly striking fear into anyone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Viewing the playoffs as an accomplishment or losing conference championships as a plus is what losers do.

Are we the Lions now?
    Says the Jets fan, who unless you're in your late 50's, has no idea what winning feels like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    So Mangold is not a pro-bowler?
    He hasn't been that dominant to be honest. Hasn't missed a lot of blocks but not manhandling people and opening those gaping holes in the running game like we saw in prior years. He's still a good player though.

Going back to the point I was making, how many of our players would start for Baltimore and San Fran? Tannenbaum's let the talent level slip and it's catching up with us.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talent-wise, we are actually so far away from being able to tank a season that it's really a non-issue. Of course we don't stack up to the Patriots of the league, they beat us by 35 or whatever it was, but we're as close to them as we are to real dumpster fires like Kansas City and Jacksonville because our defense is still very good. With a plus D-line, Cromartie and a healthy Revis (if we hold on to him) we'll be one of the toughest couple teams in the league to throw on next year.

This is just what being a mediocre team feels like. The NFL has enough parity that, who knows, if we replace "Mark Sanchez" with "league average," our young players come through for us and we stay healthy, we might be something next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ray, give us a break. Many posters first-guessed this team's issues prior to the season. Talent being one of them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, give us a break. Many posters first-guessed this team's issues prior to the season. Talent being one of them.
    And they have somehow persevered through a lack of talent to win some games.

Is there any credit in that?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    uh...brick, mangold and harris are more than solid at their positions. the real problem comes down to qb play. sanchez hasn't made the progress that he should have in 4 years. everything else is just a sideshow. if sanchez was the franchise qb there wouldn't be any issues with holmes or complaints about the receivers because he would make them make plays. look at manning in denver. the denver receiver corp and oline is no great shakes but manning makes them all better. as for the rest of the jets players, kerley is a keeper as are powell, trufant, landry, howard, hill, to name a few. add a few more good lb's and finally replace sanchez with either mcelroy or someone else and the jets will do much better. just about any qb can play well when the run game is consistent. sanchez lucked out with that 37 yd pass in the fourth qtr. if he misses that, the jets would've been in real trouble. and after that pass the jets really played not to lose by just trying to get into fg range. they failed at that and it could've cost them the game.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    So your willing to let the team get terrible before making a move. maybe Tanny should extend Harris or or sign another 29 YO lb to a 6 year 48mill contract?
    And Holmes is not the best player on offense. What has he ever done on the jets to show that he is anything but an above average player? Mangold and Dbrick are both much better players.

Injuries happen. Who is responsible to have adequate reserves? Revis and Holmes played all last year on this team and the team went 8-8.

The team is not heading in the right direction, you seem to think you don't think a change is in order unless the team bottoms out. Even if that make the climb back up more difficult. This team has lost 5 games by more than 2 touchdowns. That is the issue. If the jets lost all their games (or at least most of them) the way they lost the first game to the pats or The texans game, the clamor would be not be as loud. Scoring one time against Arizona and being close to inept against the jags does not make up for those lopsided loses.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    right, it's about qb play. no doubt schitty needed to go because it's far easier to launch the oc than the qb (and schitty really sucked as oc). right now it's all on sanchez to make a statement. frankly i thought the jets should have started mcelroy even though the logic did point towards sanchez. after all they still have an outside chance of making the playoffs and sanchez is supposed to have learned something in 4 seasons. nevertheless at some point the jets will have to decide to fish of cut ait with sanchez and it is plenty clear from yesterday's game that sanchez is pretty much done. he did nothing to win that game and almost gave it away by fumbling. he made that nice throw to the te at the end but even there the jets stalled because they couldn't risk sanchez passing in that situation. this is very troubling and should be for every fan. from here on out the best the jets can do is showcase him for the purpose of getting a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    It all comes back to the quality of play coming from the QB. And this coaching staff and front office seem determined to continue making the same mistakes in regard to that position. It's hard to feel optimistic when you know we're well on our way to another year of the Rex/Tanny/Sanchez show.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look at the opponents the Jets have played the last 2 weeks and what we had to do to beat them, do you really like our odds in the playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    uh...brick, mangold and harris are more than solid at their positions. the real problem comes down to qb play. sanchez hasn't made the progress that he should have in 4 years. everything else is just a sideshow. if sanchez was the franchise qb there wouldn't be any issues with holmes or complaints about the receivers because he would make them make plays. look at manning in denver. the denver receiver corp and oline is no great shakes but manning makes them all better. as for the rest of the jets players, kerley is a keeper as are powell, trufant, landry, howard, hill, to name a few. add a few more good lb's and finally replace sanchez with either mcelroy or someone else and the jets will do much better. just about any qb can play well when the run game is consistent. sanchez lucked out with that 37 yd pass in the fourth qtr. if he misses that, the jets would've been in real trouble. and after that pass the jets really played not to lose by just trying to get into fg range. they failed at that and it could've cost them the game.
    The denver oline is not great shakes? They are a top 25% and have been for years.

Please Holmes is living off the one great year he had in Pitt,

I am not saying the jets don't have any talent, i took issue with a poster saying Holmes was the most talented offensive player.

I am not even saying that Rex should be fired, but that tanny should be removed from personnel decisions.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I knew it. We had a roster with more holes than a block of swiss cheese. Instead of brining in quality replacements, Tanny traded for Teblow. I was saying last March we would be no better than last year and we are not any better.

So a 4th round draft pick makes or breaks the season

Yup, I get it

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Abso ****ing lutely.

As soon as we settled in at 7 losses, major changes were needed...

1. Tannenbaum
    2. Sparano
    3. Sanchez
    4. Rex

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The offensive personnel is mostly horrible, and it starts with the QB. You can't have a terrible player at the league's most important position and expect to consistently win.
    I think the fact that we're competitive with the horrible play of our QB, is a testament in our personnel, and our coaching.

Most teams with horrible QB play are in worse position than us

Jax
    Cards
    KC
    Tenn