Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So we're still in the playoff race yet we should clean house?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Exactly how many wins would have taken to keep youu people happy?? All this fire Rex and the whole coaching staff is and we need to rebuild is stupid we already are rebuilding Wilk Coples Powell Hill Kerley Wilson Davis all benefit from the playing time they're getting this year. Hopefully with Tanny getting demoted we can get a football minded gm who can get us some more speed at lb we get a explosive running back. Plus Revis and Holmes coming back that obviously is going to be huge help. This time next year everyone is going to be thrilled Rex and Sanchez are still here mark my words.
    The Ravens just fired Cam Cameron even though the Ravens are good this year (and good every year). And you are complaining that fans want some of our coaches held accountable because we stink. I couldn't help but laugh. So many of our fans accept mediocrity, it's crazy. You can tell we haven't seen championship football in our lives.

I'm not a Rex or Sanchez hater and all I can do is shake my head at your post. And I actually think you mean well. This is a reflection of the football we have seen in our lifetime.
    Last edited by escamoter2; 12-10-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    So a 4th round draft pick makes or breaks the season

Yup, I get it
    Poor talent evaluation and acquisition. Look at the Pats. I hate them, but they set the standard the Jets want to achieve.

As far as talent is concerned we are way behind the Pats. Its not debatable.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the fact that we're competitive with the horrible play of our QB, is a testament in our personnel, and our coaching.

Most teams with horrible QB play are in worse position than us

Jax
    Cards
    KC
    Tenn
    There is definitely some talent on this team and Rex at the very least is a good defensive coach. He's safer to bring back next season than to go with an unknown

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Poor talent evaluation and acquisition. Look at the Pats. I hate them, but they set the standard the Jets want to achieve.

As far as talent is concerned we are way behind the Pats. Its not debatable.
    How do the Pats set the standard?
    THeir defense, with all those draft picks is one of the worst in the NFL

Lets not forget Tom Brady hides most of their warts

So when you say the Pats are the standard....Give Rex and Tanny a Brady, all of a sudden, they're the standard

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

So when you say the Pats are the standard....Give Rex and Tanny a Brady, all of a sudden, they're the standard
    Brady would fail with our receiving corps. Agreed, he is a major part of their success, but he always has some at least decent weapons such as welker, Gronk etc. Our QB has no such weapons.

We may very well have our Brady in McElroy, but he isnt getting his shot because he is buried beneath our Bledsoe on the depth chart, with Tebow in the middle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex is arguably the Jets most succesful coach since the guy who won the SB with Namath. Actually, that's not even an argument b/c Parcells ditched us after 3 years and just 1 playoff appearance. This team has no business being 6-7 with this asinine lack of talent yet Rex has us right there in the playoff picture.

And he's supposed to be fired? Huh?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

We may very well have our Brady in McElroy, but he isnt getting his shot because he is buried beneath our Bledsoe on the depth chart, with Tebow in the middle.
    C'mon John, you don't believe that...lol

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    C'mon John, you don't believe that...lol
    Im not saying he is, but we dont know. The only certainty is Tebow and Sanchez are not the answer.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    At the minimum Tannenbaum needs to be fired or demoted. The level of talent on this team, even when the season started and everyone was healthy, isn't acceptable. How many of our players would start for teams that we are "supposed to be" similar to - Baltimore and San Francisco?
    sad thing was, numerous posters on this and other Jets fan sites stated the same.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we're still in the playoff race yet we should clean house?
    The Jets are not in the playoff race.

We will clean house.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only house cleaning that is needed is Mike Tannenbaum. Everyone else serves at the pleasure of the NY Jets until or unless the new GM decides that their services are no longer required.

Simple.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly how many wins would have taken to keep youu people happy?? All this fire Rex and the whole coaching staff is and we need to rebuild is stupid we already are rebuilding Wilk Coples Powell Hill Kerley Wilson Davis all benefit from the playing time they're getting this year. Hopefully with Tanny getting demoted we can get a football minded gm who can get us some more speed at lb we get a explosive running back. Plus Revis and Holmes coming back that obviously is going to be huge help. This time next year everyone is going to be thrilled Rex and Sanchez are still here mark my words.
    And this is playing with one phase, lol. Get the other two in the game and look out.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brady would fail with our receiving corps. Agreed, he is a major part of their success, but he always has some at least decent weapons such as welker, Gronk etc. Our QB has no such weapons.

Tom Brady won the 2003 and 2004 Superbowl with the following receivers:

Deion Branch
    David Givens
    Troy Brown
    David Patten

The second they left NE they immediately stopped producing. Once they gave Brady elite weapons he orchestrated some of the best offenses in NFL history. But before that, as a good QB should, he made it work with what he had. People forget but back in those days the Pats relied on their defense.. and haven't won a Superbowl since they stopped.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    By all means blindly cheer on the organization while we float in mediocrity for another few years.

Me? I'd like to see a championship or two or three before I'm six feet under.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

And give the pats 20 mill dollars of defensive players from the jets and thier D is the standard.