Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So we're still in the playoff race yet we should clean house?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

So we're still in the playoff race yet we should clean house?

Exactly how many wins would have taken to keep youu people happy?? All this fire Rex and the whole coaching staff is and we need to rebuild is stupid we already are rebuilding Wilk Coples Powell Hill Kerley Wilson Davis all benefit from the playing time they're getting this year. Hopefully with Tanny getting demoted we can get a football minded gm who can get us some more speed at lb we get a explosive running back. Plus Revis and Holmes coming back that obviously is going to be huge help. This time next year everyone is going to be thrilled Rex and Sanchez are still here mark my words.
    Last edited by JETSALLDAY24; 12-10-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone but anyone can see this team is terrible. Last years team, with this schedule would be 11-5.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    Exactly how many wins would have taken to keep youu people happy?? All this fire Rex and the whole coaching staff is and we need to rebuild is stupid we already are rebuilding Wilk Coples Powell Hill Kerley Wilson Davis all benefit from the playing time they're getting this year. Hopefully with Tanny getting demoted we can get a football minded gm who can get us some more speed at lb we get a explosive running back. Plus Revis and Holmes coming back that obviously is going to be huge help. This time next year everyone is going to be thrilled Rex and Sanchez are still here mark my words.
    This falls under " Gosh I hope your right....but I'm pretty sure your not."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Viewing the playoffs as an accomplishment or losing conference championships as a plus is what losers do.

Are we the Lions now?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we should clean house after being 1 game out of the super bowil in the first 2 years an 8-8 season and a season we still don't know the conclusion of yet?? Stick to playing madden pal.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Viewing the playoffs as an accomplishment or losing conference championships as a plus is what losers do.

Are we the Lions now?
    Speaking pf losers...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    its the big picture.. Mark is on a downward crash, which is hard to believe because he never really was up.. Yesterday reminded me of 09,10 when Rex had mark on training wheels not letting him throw more than 20 tims a game.. D was great then, so was run game.. 11,12 we have seen what happens when Rex has asked mark to play quarterback - yes throw the ball nit just handoff and dumps, but actually try to make a throw moe than once every 3rd series.. Im sure colt fans werent too sad last year losing all those games, knowing they would have the chioce of manning or Luck (big picture) as their future.. I dont get too happy barely beating 2-10 teams,I get happy when I see the Jets actually beat a good team, showing me the team is capable to compete for the trophy..

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Anyone but anyone can see this team is terrible. Last years team, with this schedule would be 11-5.
    This team is not terrible.Do we have problems absolutely do we need to improve in some areas absolutely. Losing your 2 best players on both sides of the ball doesn't help either. How would be if Holmes and Revis never went down and Keller played the whole season? We'll never know now Getting them back next year plus the younger guys are a year more experienced we'll be fine.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not the # of wins or that we are in a playoff hunt.
    Its that the team sucks and is getting worse not better. I dont care if they finish 9-7. Beating Arizona, Jacksonville and St. Louis is not an accomplishment especially when you get blown away by NE, San Fran, Miami and Seattle.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    How many wins do the Patriots have? 1 more than they have and sweeping them in a business as usual manner. If you want to keep being a runner up, enjoy what we have, I want the Jets to be the best. We are as close to being the best as the Cardinals are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post

Are we the Lions now?
    No, the Lions are 4-9 this year.

Jets record last 3+ seasons: 34-27 (4-2 playoffs)
    Lions record last 3+ seasons: 22-39 (0-1 playoffs)

SB or bust is something I agree with but two out of three years, Rex Ryan brought our team closer than 28 other HCs in the league did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is not terrible.Do we have problems absolutely do we need to improve in some areas absolutely. Losing your 2 best players on both sides of the ball doesn't help either. How would be if Holmes and Revis never went down and Keller played the whole season? We'll never know now Getting them back next year plus the younger guys are a year more experienced we'll be fine.
    So your willing to let the team get terrible before making a move. maybe Tanny should extend Harris or or sign another 29 YO lb to a 6 year 48mill contract?
    And Holmes is not the best player on offense. What has he ever done on the jets to show that he is anything but an above average player? Mangold and Dbrick are both much better players.

Injuries happen. Who is responsible to have adequate reserves? Revis and Holmes played all last year on this team and the team went 8-8.

The team is not heading in the right direction, you seem to think you don't think a change is in order unless the team bottoms out. Even if that make the climb back up more difficult. This team has lost 5 games by more than 2 touchdowns. That is the issue. If the jets lost all their games (or at least most of them) the way they lost the first game to the pats or The texans game, the clamor would be not be as loud. Scoring one time against Arizona and being close to inept against the jags does not make up for those lopsided loses.
    Last edited by patman; 12-10-2012 at 05:42 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    So we should clean house after being 1 game out of the super bowil in the first 2 years an 8-8 season and a season we still don't know the conclusion of yet??
    This is whats called a "trend".

And its not upward.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    At the minimum Tannenbaum needs to be fired or demoted. The level of talent on this team, even when the season started and everyone was healthy, isn't acceptable. How many of our players would start for teams that we are "supposed to be" similar to - Baltimore and San Francisco?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    People are just worried that if we do make the playoffs or even finish 9-7 and miss them, that the team will view it as a success and not think changes are necessary. Especially replacing the OC and GM. Which all I think needs to be done.

Aside from QB, but that's kind of a difficult situation to get out of.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all comes back to the quality of play coming from the QB. And this coaching staff and front office seem determined to continue making the same mistakes in regard to that position. It's hard to feel optimistic when you know we're well on our way to another year of the Rex/Tanny/Sanchez show.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won 2 straight games to get to 6-7 and the koolaid drinkers are back in full force. Can't wait till we miss the playoffs and get a sucky draft pick.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ship the whole house to LA!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a below average QB, below average running backs, receivers, and linebacker corps. Revis and Holmes were out most of the season. Plus an iffy offensive coordinator at best. Playing devils advocate, if we go 9-7, did we actually over achieve?
    Last edited by Scandal26; 12-10-2012 at 06:00 PM.