Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Jacobs suspended for social media

Brandon Jacobs suspended for social media

The San Francisco 49ers have suspended running back Brandon Jacobs for the final three games following a series of posts on social media sites addressing his lack of playing time, including one during the weekend saying he was "on this team rotting away."

If this a guy that wants to play rather than just earn a check than this is the type of player we need on this team.

Hall Of Fame
    Twitter is the devil. Amazes me how grown men cannot control themselves.

Good for the 49ers.

I guess what I am having trouble understanding why the hell did they sign him if they weren't going to use him or he didn't fit in with their offense. It must be killing him to see the Giants continue to have a good year without him and the 49'ers in the thick of it without using him.

lol. ***** deserves it.

Sounds like Harbaugh is losing control of his team.

At least Tebow doesn't do stuff like this. He'd have every right to complain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I guess what I am having trouble understanding why the hell did they sign him if they weren't going to use him or he didn't fit in with their offense. It must be killing him to see the Giants continue to have a good year without him and the 49'ers in the thick of it without using him.
    I guess we are not the only fools that trade or signs a player and then opts not to use that player! It does sound rather dumb dosen't it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    At least Tebow doesn't do stuff like this. He'd have every right to complain.
    Very true...

Sounds like its a 3 ring circus out in SF. What a clown show!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    No, just the opposite, player acts up- out the door. That is how you stop crap like this.

It is not like he signed for big money, slightly more that 1mill, but with another mill in playing time incentives, When you take less money and get playing time incentives and then don't play this **** happens.

The pats sign 8 of these guys a year a couple of them stick. he stuck, but he just was not as productive in the role that they thought he would fill. When you sign a FA sometimes he just does not fit your scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Multiple players mouthing isn't the same thing as one bad player complaining to the twitterverse that he doesn't get playing time.

If you're going to spin something, at least do it in a way that makes sense and doesn't make you sound completely out of touch with reality.

I have hated that guy long before there was any Jets beef. I don't know why he's upset. The 49ers are paying him when no one else would. He sucks at this point anyway.

Brandon Jacobs: Shut up Fatboy!

Rex Ryan: I'll shut up, but I'll be an NFL Head Coach 5 years from now while you're receiving welfare living under a bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Brandon Jacobs: Shut up Fatboy! Wanna kiss my Super Bowl ring

Rex Ryan: I'll shut up, but I'll be an NFL Head Coach 5 years from now while you're receiving welfare living under a bridge.

fixed that for you.

49ers screwed up and thought Jacobs could give them adequate depth behind Frank Gore. Truth is: Brandon Jacobs is slow, lacks explosiveness and has been done since the 2008 season.

Brandon Jacobs is asking me for money outside the Port Authority in 5 years to pay for a bus ticket back to Jersey I will tell him "On one condition: say J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets."

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    fixed that for you.
    And you'll be able to buy Brandon Jacobs' Super Bowl rings on E-bay in about 2 years after he files for bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    And you'll be able to buy Brandon Jacobs' Super Bowl rings on E-bay in about 2 years after he files for bankruptcy.
    and you can buy rexs used xxxxxl jets equipment after hes fired.