Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF Thread: Houston @ New England

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yes, strange things happen. Don't forget that Houston's D is without one of their stars in Cushing.
    Fair enough but the Pats O didn't have Gronkowski. I have no idea whether they're better than the 49'ers as they haven't played one another but I don't see how you can say Houston is better at this point.

Yes, strange things happen. Don't forget that Houston's D is without one of their stars in Cushing.
    and Pats didnt have Gronk. Whats the point?

They're the best team in the NFL this week, but not this season. I'd easily put the 9ers and, yes, the Texans over them.
    COMMON!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Based on what?

The Pats made the Texans look like frauds last night, and all that without Gronkowski.

They will also embarrass the 49ers on national television next Sunday night.

Pats are hitting their peak at the right time.
    Like two years ago when they lost in the playoffs to the Jets?

Banned
    Your defense is surviving off of turnovers. When that stops (and it will), your D is going to go right back to being a big negative to Tom and the Offense.

Have you watched the Pats defense the last 4-5 weeks?

They are the 2nd youngest defense in the NFL, have the most forced turnovers in the NFL and held the NFL's 2nd highest scoring offense to 7 points (final Texans TD was against 2nd and 3rd stringers) last night.

That young defense will only get better.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Fair enough but the Pats O didn't have Gronkowski. I have no idea whether they're better than the 49'ers as they haven't played one another but I don't see how you can say Houston is better at this point.
    Perhaps Houston being better isn't the right way to say it. More balanced in what they are, I guess would be the better way to say it.

And you're right, they didn't have Gronk. That said, they still had Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker, a deep threat and vastly underrated WR in Lloyd, and an excellent screen/checkdown catcher in Woodhead.

One thing that just makes no sense about Houston last night is THIS:

What. The. ****.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-11-2012 at 08:30 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Never said Pats Lose = They stink

Just re-affirmed my view that as long as Belichick and Brady are in NE, I look at anything the Pats* do with suspicion. Beli's a good coach, and Brady is a great QB.....however, they showed what lengths they are willing to go to to win...no one will convince me they have a clean program now, especially with Ernie Adams still haunting the building. Once a cheater.....
    My pernt was that they'd be zero claims of shadowy shenanigans if the Pats lost. The cheating mantra is only trotted out when they win. I always expect to see a smiley guy thingy after you make one of these posts.

BTW did you read the book PatriotReign? Ernie Adams ain't Nostradmus...

Excellent last post.
    lolz

My pernt was that they'd be zero claims of shadowy shenanigans if the Pats lost. The cheating mantra is only trotted out when they win. I always expect to see a smiley guy thingy after you make one of these posts.

BTW did you read the book PatriotReign? Ernie Adams ain't Nostradmus...

lolz
    Your Point makes no sense. No one EVER accuses a loser of cheating, regardless of whether they are cheating or not. If Barry Bonds juiced and hit 20 career home runs, no one would give two $hits what he put in his body.

Banned
    Your defense is surviving off of turnovers. When that stops (and it will), your D is going to go right back to being a big negative to Tom and the Offense.

The 9ers D is big, tall, fast, and young. Their linebackers include Ahmad Brooks, NaVorro Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Patrick Willis. Their D line is headed by a strong NT in Isaac Sopoaga and an excellent DE in Justin Smith. They're going to take away that middle of the field that Brady and Company strive to exploit, and they'll be hitting Tom hard and often.

Your DBs are going to have to cover Michael Crabtree, Mario Manningham (brings back the nightmares, doesn't it?), Randy Moss, and Vernon Davis all while trying to stop the 9ers great Oline and RBs Frank Gore and LaMichael James. If that isn't hard enough as it is, you've also got the dual-threat in Kaepernick who is lightning fast AND has a big time arm.

Sorry, but the Pats just aren't as good as the 9ers. If you want to make a case for best team in the AFC, then you're completely in the right to do so because other than Houston and Denver, I don't see anyone better than the Pats. But, best team in the NFL?

The 9ers defense is good but they also are facing the #1 offense in the NFL.
    Since the 2010 season, the Patriots are now a combined 21-0 in the second half of the regular season. The Patriots have won 20 straight at home in December. The Patriots have an NFL-best 43-5 record in the month of December since the 2001 season. The Patriots have finished undefeated in December seven times since 2001: (2001 - 4-0), (2003 4-0), (2005 4-0), (2007 5-0), (2008 4-0), (2010 - 4-0) and (2011- 4-0). In 3 games with the 9ers Colin Kaepernick has only threw 1 TD and 1 int. I'm pretty sure the Patriots really afraid of him.

Based on what?

The Pats made the Texans look like frauds last night, and all that without Gronkowski.

They will also embarrass the 49ers on national television next Sunday night.

Pats are hitting their peak at the right time.
    Pats are a different team on the road vs good teams & most likely the AFC goes through Houston.
    Texans played like chit last night, it happens, plus unlike a crappy team like the Jets they don't play them twice to know them that well.
    Now that they have tape they will learn to throw to set up the run.
    Plus they will get some guys back like Brooks Reed.
    Pats record at home is unbelievable but this year I see them having to play Denver at home & on the road at Houston.
    That Houston crowd will be crazy in a playoff game, Brady won't be able to communicate like he does at home.
    Similar to Seattle, Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    The 9ers defense is good but they also are facing the #1 offense in the NFL.
    Since the 2010 season, the Patriots are now a combined 21-0 in the second half of the regular season. The Patriots have won 20 straight at home in December. The Patriots have an NFL-best 43-5 record in the month of December since the 2001 season. The Patriots have finished undefeated in December seven times since 2001: (2001 - 4-0), (2003 4-0), (2005 4-0), (2007 5-0), (2008 4-0), (2010 - 4-0) and (2011- 4-0). In 3 games with the 9ers Colin Kaepernick has only threw 1 TD and 1 int. I'm pretty sure the Patriots really afraid of him.
    Way to ignore literally everything else and single in on Kaepernick.

Also, when are you going to come out and admit your loyalties to the Pats?

They are the 2nd youngest defense in the NFL, have the most forced turnovers in the NFL and held the NFL's 2nd highest scoring offense to 7 points (final Texans TD was against 2nd and 3rd stringers) last night.

Sadly (for me), I think you are correct. IMO Belichick is building a team for Brady's golden years. As Brady ages they have to limit his exposure to hits because they take a much greater toll on an older QB. So, he is getting a top 10 D in place to go along with an O that will rely a veteran clutch QB that has seen it all, but will lean more on the running game and go with a predominantly short passing game. Their is only one Tom Brady, and Belichick knows he can never replace him, so he is doing everything possible to prolong his career.

Banned
    Way to ignore literally everything else and single in on Kaepernick.

Also, when are you going to come out and admit your loyalties to the Pats?
    Loyalties no, but I do like the way they play football. If the Jets play better then I'll show more loyalties to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Loyalties no, but I do like the way they play football. If the Jets play better then I'll show more loyalties to them.
    You're services really aren't needed seeing as you're clearly a Pats fan.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Your Point makes no sense. No one EVER accuses a loser of cheating, regardless of whether they are cheating or not. If Barry Bonds juiced and hit 20 career home runs, no one would give two $hits what he put in his body.

The cheating observations only surface after victories. (Some) Jets fan logic: The Pats "cheated" in 2001 season/SB but the cheating machine was apparently broken when they fell on their face the next season and IIRC didn't even make the playoffs. The cheating machine was fixed with the subsequent SB wins but broke down again with subsequent SB losses and playoff bounces. The Houston win must mean the cheating is going on again! Sounds silly right? Exactly.

Please tell me that people don't honestly embrace this infantile logic.
    Last edited by PatriotReign; 12-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Banned
    You're services really aren't needed seeing as you're clearly a Pats fan.
    So being a Jets fan is a service now? I'm just a normal Jets and NFL fan. I'm not a SOJF, not a koolaid drinker, not a homer, and certainly not a hater.

Oh please. So your point is that the cheaty pants observations are justified when viewed through a vaccum of one's agenda.

The cheating observations only surface after victories. (Some) Jets fan logic: The Pats "cheated" in 2001 season/SB but the cheating machine was apparently broken when they fell on their face the next season and IIRC didn't even make the playoffs. The cheating machine was fixed with the subsequent SB wins but broke down again with subsequent SB losses and playoff bounces. The Houston win must mean the cheating is going on again! Sounds silly right? Exactly.

Please tell me that people don't honestly embrace this infantile logic.
    Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. They Cheated and were caught. Of course, they will be accused of cheating again. They ARE, as a matter of proven irrefutable fact, cheaters. Own up to it and move on.

Perhaps Houston being better isn't the right way to say it. More balanced in what they are, I guess would be the better way to say it.

And you're right, they didn't have Gronk. That said, they still had Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker, a deep threat and vastly underrated WR in Lloyd, and an excellent screen/checkdown catcher in Woodhead.

One thing that just makes no sense about Houston last night is THIS:

What. The. ****.
    And if you watch that play, the defender basically jogs over to cover Hernandez...too late

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. They Cheated and were caught. Of course, they will be accused of cheating again. They ARE, as a matter of proven irrefutable fact, cheaters. Own up to it and move on.
    Amen.

Pats Win = Cheating!

Pats Lose = They stink/overrated/over the hill/ripe for slaughter, etc

rinse-lather-repeat

Hall Of Fame

The Pats defense is vastly improved from last years. Talib is a big upgrade and moving McCourty to safety was a good move. With their offense playing at a ridiculously high level again, they are the best team in the AFC right now, no question.