Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 256

Thread: MNF Thread: Houston @ New England

  1. #221
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,668
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not sure if the Texans didn't show up last night. I think it had more to do with BB schooling Kubiak on both sides of the football. Never saw the Pats play that much man coverage since BB has been in New England.

    As for your last comment, how many times does lightning strike in the same place twice?
    The Texans receivers, outside of Johnson are not great. Even he has slowed a bit and is not the same explosive receiver he once was. Teams with decent secondaries can play them straight up and focus on stopping the run.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Schaub seemed rattled too...
    Last night was a perfect example of the difference between a very good QB and an elite QB.

    Several times last night (esecially on 3rd down to keep drives going), Schaub had receivers open that required a good throw into a tight window. He was unable to deliver that good throw.

    Elite QB's throw a strike to keep drives going, other QB's do not.

  3. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Last night was a perfect example of the difference between a very good QB and an elite QB.

    Several times last night (esecially on 3rd down to keep drives going), Schaub had receivers open that required a good throw into a tight window. He was unable to deliver that good throw.

    Elite QB's throw a strike to keep drives going, other QB's do not.
    I wouldn't know, I watch the Jets.

  4. #224
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    yeah, remember when the Pats took Kenneth Sims with the first overall pick in the 1982 draft...ahhhhh those were the days .... that really make you value what you've got now.
    Can't find any highlights on youtube, but the ones they showed around draft day made him look dominant. Almost made me feel better for a split second when they passed on Marcus Allen.

  5. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Can't find any highlights on youtube, but the ones they showed around draft day made him look dominant. Almost made me feel better for a split second when they passed on Marcus Allen.
    17 career sacks in 74 games says otherwise.

  6. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    17 career sacks in 74 games says otherwise.
    I know, I know. He was terrible. Lazy and unmotivated (they didn't call him "Game Day" for nothing). Plus drug abuse and other off-field baggage. Just what you want in a #1 overall pick, right.

  7. #227
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. They Cheated and were caught. Of course, they will be accused of cheating again. They ARE, as a matter of proven irrefutable fact, cheaters. Own up to it and move on.
    When the 72 Dolphins own up to their cheating then so will the Pats.

    Quick quiz: Which team proudly claimed the saying "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin" as their own, long before Crygate?

  8. #228
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,477
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    I know, I know. He was terrible. Lazy and unmotivated (they didn't call him "Game Day" for nothing). Plus drug abuse and other off-field baggage. Just what you want in a #1 overall pick, right.
    All was forgiven with the Eugene Chung, Reggie Dupard, Chris Canty, et al blockbuster picks in later years.

  9. #229
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    All was forgiven with the Eugene Chung, Reggie Dupard, Chris Canty, et al blockbuster picks in later years.
    The Chung pick was my favorite, in terms of comedic mismanagement. The Pats had the 8th overall pick. OT was their primary need. There were 4 OT's on the board at pick 8 with a first round grade -- Bob Whitfield, Leon Searcy, Ray Roberts and Eugene Chung. Pats trade down with Atlanta to #19. Atlanta takes Whitfield at 8.

    Suddenly, Roberts and Searcy get snapped up at #10 and 11. The Patriots panic -- what if all the 1st round OT's get taken before pick 19? The Pats "brain trust" then proceeds to trade up, getting fleeced by Jimmy Johnson in the process, so that they can take Chung.

    After the draft, a local writer asked Dick McPherson if Chung had been their top choice among the 4 OT's. I'll never forget his response: "Wouldn't it be nice if we could say that?" Classic. And that's the pre-Kraft Patriots in a microcosm.

  10. #230
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The Chung pick was my favorite, in terms of comedic mismanagement. The Pats had the 8th overall pick. OT was their primary need. There were 4 OT's on the board at pick 8 with a first round grade -- Bob Whitfield, Leon Searcy, Ray Roberts and Eugene Chung. Pats trade down with Atlanta to #19. Atlanta takes Whitfield at 8.

    Suddenly, Roberts and Searcy get snapped up at #10 and 11. The Patriots panic -- what if all the 1st round OT's get taken before pick 19? The Pats "brain trust" then proceeds to trade up, getting fleeced by Jimmy Johnson in the process, so that they can take Chung.

    After the draft, a local writer asked Dick McPherson if Chung had been their top choice among the 4 OT's. I'll never forget his response: "Wouldn't it be nice if we could say that?" Classic. And that's the pre-Kraft Patriots in a microcosm.
    Please-- nothing symbolized the ineptness of the Pats more than not taking Cortez Kennedy becasue they did not have enough money to sign him! Trading down and picking up Ray Agnew (decent player0 and Chris Singleton

  11. #231
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,218
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Last night was a perfect example of the difference between a very good QB and an elite QB.

    Several times last night (esecially on 3rd down to keep drives going), Schaub had receivers open that required a good throw into a tight window. He was unable to deliver that good throw.

    Elite QB's throw a strike to keep drives going, other QB's do not.
    You are right BUT we have seen Brady miss those throws before. Even some of the great ones can be rattled. Very few guys flourish under pressure.

  12. #232
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    13,230
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You don't know how much it pains us that the Pats do not have your trust and respect. Makes the whole thing meaningless now.

  13. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please-- nothing symbolized the ineptness of the Pats more than not taking Cortez Kennedy becasue they did not have enough money to sign him! Trading down and picking up Ray Agnew (decent player0 and Chris Singleton
    There's a lot to choose from, to be sure. Not good times. Btw, Ray Agnew was god awful.

  14. #234
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,926
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    The 9ers defense is good but they also are facing the #1 offense in the NFL.
    Since the 2010 season, the Patriots are now a combined 21-0 in the second half of the regular season. The Patriots have won 20 straight at home in December. The Patriots have an NFL-best 43-5 record in the month of December since the 2001 season. The Patriots have finished undefeated in December seven times since 2004, (2005 – 4-0), (2007 – 5-0), (2008 – 4-0), (2010 - 4-0) and (2011- 4-0). In 3 games with the 9ers Colin Kaepernick has only threw 1 TD and 1 int. I'm pretty sure the Patriots really afraid of him.

    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    Last edited by JonEJet; 12-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.

  15. #235
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    That's pretty funny coming from you.

    How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?

  16. #236
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny coming from you.

    How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?
    What a dick!!

  17. #237
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny coming from you.

    How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?
    You get used to it.

  18. #238
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,926
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny coming from you.

    How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?
    What's even more funny, is that Pats fans now win their SB's in December now

    How the mighty cheaters have fallen

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    It's plainly embarrassing when Jets fans say things like this, unfortunately it happens too often and it makes the fanbase look like idiots. This is the kind of **** that the likes of Mike Francaessa makes a living off of.

  20. #240
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,926
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    It's plainly embarrassing when Jets fans say things like this, unfortunately it happens too often and it makes the fanbase look like idiots. This is the kind of **** that the likes of Mike Francaessa makes a living off of.
    GFY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us