Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: MNF Thread: Houston @ New England

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not sure if the Texans didn't show up last night. I think it had more to do with BB schooling Kubiak on both sides of the football. Never saw the Pats play that much man coverage since BB has been in New England.

As for your last comment, how many times does lightning strike in the same place twice?
    The Texans receivers, outside of Johnson are not great. Even he has slowed a bit and is not the same explosive receiver he once was. Teams with decent secondaries can play them straight up and focus on stopping the run.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Schaub seemed rattled too...
    Last night was a perfect example of the difference between a very good QB and an elite QB.

Several times last night (esecially on 3rd down to keep drives going), Schaub had receivers open that required a good throw into a tight window. He was unable to deliver that good throw.

Elite QB's throw a strike to keep drives going, other QB's do not.

Last night was a perfect example of the difference between a very good QB and an elite QB.

Several times last night (esecially on 3rd down to keep drives going), Schaub had receivers open that required a good throw into a tight window. He was unable to deliver that good throw.

I wouldn't know, I watch the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    yeah, remember when the Pats took Kenneth Sims with the first overall pick in the 1982 draft...ahhhhh those were the days .... that really make you value what you've got now.
    Can't find any highlights on youtube, but the ones they showed around draft day made him look dominant. Almost made me feel better for a split second when they passed on Marcus Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Can't find any highlights on youtube, but the ones they showed around draft day made him look dominant. Almost made me feel better for a split second when they passed on Marcus Allen.
    17 career sacks in 74 games says otherwise.

17 career sacks in 74 games says otherwise.
    I know, I know. He was terrible. Lazy and unmotivated (they didn't call him "Game Day" for nothing). Plus drug abuse and other off-field baggage. Just what you want in a #1 overall pick, right.

Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. They Cheated and were caught. Of course, they will be accused of cheating again. They ARE, as a matter of proven irrefutable fact, cheaters. Own up to it and move on.
    When the 72 Dolphins own up to their cheating then so will the Pats.

Quick quiz: Which team proudly claimed the saying "if you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin" as their own, long before Crygate?

All League
    I know, I know. He was terrible. Lazy and unmotivated (they didn't call him "Game Day" for nothing). Plus drug abuse and other off-field baggage. Just what you want in a #1 overall pick, right.
    All was forgiven with the Eugene Chung, Reggie Dupard, Chris Canty, et al blockbuster picks in later years.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    All was forgiven with the Eugene Chung, Reggie Dupard, Chris Canty, et al blockbuster picks in later years.
    The Chung pick was my favorite, in terms of comedic mismanagement. The Pats had the 8th overall pick. OT was their primary need. There were 4 OT's on the board at pick 8 with a first round grade -- Bob Whitfield, Leon Searcy, Ray Roberts and Eugene Chung. Pats trade down with Atlanta to #19. Atlanta takes Whitfield at 8.

Suddenly, Roberts and Searcy get snapped up at #10 and 11. The Patriots panic -- what if all the 1st round OT's get taken before pick 19? The Pats "brain trust" then proceeds to trade up, getting fleeced by Jimmy Johnson in the process, so that they can take Chung.

After the draft, a local writer asked Dick McPherson if Chung had been their top choice among the 4 OT's. I'll never forget his response: "Wouldn't it be nice if we could say that?" Classic. And that's the pre-Kraft Patriots in a microcosm.

The Chung pick was my favorite, in terms of comedic mismanagement. The Pats had the 8th overall pick. OT was their primary need. There were 4 OT's on the board at pick 8 with a first round grade -- Bob Whitfield, Leon Searcy, Ray Roberts and Eugene Chung. Pats trade down with Atlanta to #19. Atlanta takes Whitfield at 8.

Suddenly, Roberts and Searcy get snapped up at #10 and 11. The Patriots panic -- what if all the 1st round OT's get taken before pick 19? The Pats "brain trust" then proceeds to trade up, getting fleeced by Jimmy Johnson in the process, so that they can take Chung.

After the draft, a local writer asked Dick McPherson if Chung had been their top choice among the 4 OT's. I'll never forget his response: "Wouldn't it be nice if we could say that?" Classic. And that's the pre-Kraft Patriots in a microcosm.
    Please-- nothing symbolized the ineptness of the Pats more than not taking Cortez Kennedy becasue they did not have enough money to sign him! Trading down and picking up Ray Agnew (decent player0 and Chris Singleton

Hall Of Fame

You are right BUT we have seen Brady miss those throws before. Even some of the great ones can be rattled. Very few guys flourish under pressure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    You don't know how much it pains us that the Pats do not have your trust and respect. Makes the whole thing meaningless now.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Please-- nothing symbolized the ineptness of the Pats more than not taking Cortez Kennedy becasue they did not have enough money to sign him! Trading down and picking up Ray Agnew (decent player0 and Chris Singleton
    There's a lot to choose from, to be sure. Not good times. Btw, Ray Agnew was god awful.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    The 9ers defense is good but they also are facing the #1 offense in the NFL.
    Since the 2010 season, the Patriots are now a combined 21-0 in the second half of the regular season. The Patriots have won 20 straight at home in December. The Patriots have an NFL-best 43-5 record in the month of December since the 2001 season. The Patriots have finished undefeated in December seven times since 2004, (2005 – 4-0), (2007 – 5-0), (2008 – 4-0), (2010 - 4-0) and (2011- 4-0). In 3 games with the 9ers Colin Kaepernick has only threw 1 TD and 1 int. I'm pretty sure the Patriots really afraid of him.

With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    Last edited by JonEJet; 12-11-2012 at 12:17 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    That's pretty funny coming from you.

How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?

How's it working for you to root for 9 different teams to lose so the Jets could possibly back into the playoffs once again?
    What a dick!!

All Pro

You get used to it.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

What's even more funny, is that Pats fans now win their SB's in December now

How the mighty cheaters have fallen

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    It's plainly embarrassing when Jets fans say things like this, unfortunately it happens too often and it makes the fanbase look like idiots. This is the kind of **** that the likes of Mike Francaessa makes a living off of.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    It's plainly embarrassing when Jets fans say things like this, unfortunately it happens too often and it makes the fanbase look like idiots. This is the kind of **** that the likes of Mike Francaessa makes a living off of.
    GFY