Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: MNF Thread: Houston @ New England

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hate to say it, but the Patriots look pretty complete. They play like this, don't think they can be stopped.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    All you're describing is a loser's mentality.
    Fair enough. We'll just agree to disagree. However, IF Brady throws late TD passes tonight with a 28 point lead.... and JJ Watt has 4 sacks in the rematch and the Texan O-line opens up holes big enough to drive a semi through for Foster, I hope you'll reconsider your reasoning.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is Matt Schaub on drugs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It started very lopsided, but I don't know that I'm seeing anything concrete to make me think the Texans could not beat the Pats if they meet down the road. They've moved the ball, they just didn't convert on their opportunities in Pats territory. Their D seems to have settled down after a disastrous start too. Pats should feel confident about how they are playing, but they are not invincible

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    It started very lopsided, but I don't know that I'm seeing anything concrete to make me think the Texans could not beat the Pats if they meet down the road. They've moved the ball, they just didn't convert on their opportunities in Pats territory. Their D seems to have settled down after a disastrous start too. Pats should feel confident about how they are playing, but they are not invincible
    And apparently you're not watching the same game that the rest of the world is...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game means very little to either team at this point...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    This game means very little to either team at this point...
    Yes but it means something to the Jets, because if Houston gets completely destroyed tonight they will want to take it out on the Indianapolis Colts next week, which might be the beginning of a tailspin for Indy, which would benefit the Jets.

Indy has to play Houston twice in their final 3 games. If Houston can hand them two losses and KC plays spoiler it presents another opportunity for the Jets to make the playoffs if they win out. So this game actually does mean something to us, and every Jet fan should be pulling for Houston to get it's doors blown off here.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    And apparently you're not watching the same game that the rest of the world is...
    Yeah, Pats have punted about 5 straight times. Texans have about the same total yards. If Schaub doesn't throw that pick early, this is a different game. Texans have been in FG range a couple other times too but were forced to go for it because of the deficit. Just saying, this could easily be like a 21-13 game right now

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Yes but it means something to the Jets, because if Houston gets completely destroyed tonight they will want to take it out on the Indianapolis Colts next week, which might be the beginning of a tailspin for Indy, which would benefit the Jets.

Indy has to play Houston twice in their final 3 games. If Houston can hand them two losses and KC plays spoiler it presents another opportunity for the Jets to make the playoffs if they win out. So this game actually does mean something to us, and every Jet fan should be pulling for Houston to get it's doors blown off here.
    Indy took care of business...they beat green bay and won in Detroit.....give them credit

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welp, heres hoping for a January miracle.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well all that good work the Texans had done for the past quarter was erased in a single play. I'm so goddamn sick of seeing Brady throw TD passes, enough of this guy already

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    we could have had stallworth but our educated professional coaches/talent scouts chose gates and the other hill.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saying, this could easily be like a 21-13 game right now
    28-13.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    This game reminds me when we lost on MNF 45-3 to Pats. Texans will come back in January and beats Pats in Division Playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets will have to settle for the WC until Brady retires. They will not win the division while he's still there.

And once again, how did this team lose to the Cardinals again? The same Cardinals that got blown out by the Seahawks?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jets will have to settle for the WC until Brady retires. They will not win the division while he's still there.

And once again, how did this team lose to the Cardinals again? The same Cardinals that got blown out by the Seahawks?

The Cardinals brought mediocre quarterbacking and intense effort to the Patriots game. They brought non-competitive quarterbacking and zero effort to the Seahawks game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans made too many mistakes early. They've been competitive since beginning of 2nd quarter, but they're just too far behind.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Yes sir Mr. Brady. Sorry we missed that one, we won't do it again. Please accept this illegal block in the back penalty as a token of our regret".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans made too many mistakes early. They've been competitive since beginning of 2nd quarter, but they're just too far behind.
    Still far from over.