Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 241 to 256 of 256

Thread: MNF Thread: Houston @ New England

  1. #241
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    I just checked...they still have a LOT more than we do.

    Brady is a difference maker no doubt BUT the schemes on O and D, as well as several other games throughout the last 3 to 4 years CLEARLY and UNQUESTIONABLY show their coaching staff to be heads above ours.

    NOT even close.

    Call Spygate all you want but he is a TOP coach of all time.

  2. #242
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I just checked...they still have a LOT more than we do.

    Brady is a difference maker no doubt BUT the schemes on O and D, as well as several other games throughout the last 3 to 4 years CLEARLY and UNQUESTIONABLY show their coaching staff to be heads above ours.

    NOT even close.

    Call Spygate all you want but he is a TOP coach of all time.
    That offense gets out front, teams start slinging it, playing into that crap defenses hands.

    It's all about Brady....if you think that Rex couldn't do the same with Brady, you're just a Jets hater...because Rex has proven to be one of the only coaches to stop that team

  3. #243
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Posts
    635
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    With all those beautiful Decembers described above, The Patriots have ZERO wins when it counts most, in February
    So are our Jets so what's your point?

  4. #244
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    That offense gets out front, teams start slinging it, playing into that crap defenses hands.

    It's all about Brady....if you think that Rex couldn't do the same with Brady, you're just a Jets hater...because Rex has proven to be one of the only coaches to stop that team
    Wrecks had one fluke game against Brady.

    Since that time, Brady has embarrassed him.

    And BTW, that "crap" Pats defense, is head and heels above the Jets old and soft defense.

  5. #245
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I just checked...they still have a LOT more than we do.

    Brady is a difference maker no doubt BUT the schemes on O and D, as well as several other games throughout the last 3 to 4 years CLEARLY and UNQUESTIONABLY show their coaching staff to be heads above ours.

    NOT even close.

    Call Spygate all you want but he is a TOP coach of all time.
    GFY

  6. #246
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,461
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    GFY
    Jon aren't you the capatin with the sweet fishing boat? No need to be so cranky knowing you'll be on the water fishing for stripers in the Spring.

  7. #247
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Jon aren't you the capatin with the sweet fishing boat? No need to be so cranky knowing you'll be on the water fishing for stripers in the Spring.
    I have some ideas as to what I should use for bait...lol

  8. #248
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,242
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by movethechains View Post
    GFY
    Why? Your girl is here.

  9. #249
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    That offense gets out front, teams start slinging it, playing into that crap defenses hands.

    It's all about Brady....if you think that Rex couldn't do the same with Brady, you're just a Jets hater...because Rex has proven to be one of the only coaches to stop that team
    C'mon. It's more than Brady. I forgot, what happened the year they had Matt Cassell? Matt, one of the worst QB's I have ever seen, Cassell?

    Of course Brady helps immensely. It's a QB league, and it's near impossible to have prolonged success with out that great QB. But it's not quite all Brady either.

    Rex has stopped the Pats, true. Rex also has multiple 40 point games hung on him by the Pats as well. Say the best case happens, the Jets plays all out, hold the Pats to 17 points. Do you really think the Jets O as it now stands can score 18 on NE?

  10. #250
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    C'mon. It's more than Brady. I forgot, what happened the year they had Matt Cassell? Matt, one of the worst QB's I have ever seen, Cassell?

    Of course Brady helps immensely. It's a QB league, and it's near impossible to have prolonged success with out that great QB. But it's not quite all Brady either.

    Rex has stopped the Pats, true. Rex also has multiple 40 point games hung on him by the Pats as well. Say the best case happens, the Jets plays all out, hold the Pats to 17 points. Do you really think the Jets O as it now stands can score 18 on NE?
    BE yanks in 3 TD receptions.

  11. #251
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Cheaters never win and winners never cheat. They Cheated and were caught. Of course, they will be accused of cheating again. They WERE, as a matter of proven irrefutable fact, cheaters. Own up to it and move on.
    I wouldn't call it cheating, but anyway I fixed your incorrect statement.
    Please prove otherwise and provide link? Thankeeee.

  12. #252
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I wouldn't call it cheating, but anyway I fixed your incorrect statement.
    Please prove otherwise and provide link? Thankeeee.
    I've already indicated I do not think they currently "violate NFL rules" (since you don't like the word "cheat"), but they admittedly "violated NFL rules" before and it is just too bad if Pats fans get tired of people bringing it up. To some people, their reputation is everything and they would never risk it by "violating rules". Apparently Bill Belichick (whom I believe to be an all time great coach) is not included among those who feel they need to comply with the rules, or at least he felt that way at one time. That's his burden to live with, and a permanent blemish on the Pats championship seasons.

    It is what it is. Based on the unprecedented penalties and fines, I can only assume the NFL felt it was a serious intentional violation of the rules which gave the Pats a competitive advantage.

    So, when you complain about non-Pat fans bringing it up, consider this. If a man was convicted of perjury 3 years ago and was testifying under oath today, would you trust that he is telling the truth? Probably not. Once a liar, always a liar. Hence, the belief among the non-Pat fans that once an NFL Rule Violator ("cheater") always an NFL Rule Violator ("cheater"). You may not agree with their logic from your vantage point, but their logic is sound and has a long time-honored history of accuracy.

  13. #253
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,060
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    I wouldn't call it cheating, but anyway I fixed your incorrect statement.
    Please prove otherwise and provide link? Thankeeee.
    www.cheatinbastid.com

    www.thecamerasinbradysbutt.com

    www.goddellblowskraft.org

    There's your link.

  14. #254
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Island of Sodor
    Posts
    6,764
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    I've already indicated I do not think they currently "violate NFL rules" (since you don't like the word "cheat"), but they admittedly "violated NFL rules" before and it is just too bad if Pats fans get tired of people bringing it up. To some people, their reputation is everything and they would never risk it by "violating rules". Apparently Bill Belichick (whom I believe to be an all time great coach) is not included among those who feel they need to comply with the rules, or at least he felt that way at one time. That's his burden to live with, and a permanent blemish on the Pats championship seasons.

    It is what it is. Based on the unprecedented penalties and fines, I can only assume the NFL felt it was a serious intentional violation of the rules which gave the Pats a competitive advantage.

    So, when you complain about non-Pat fans bringing it up, consider this. If a man was convicted of perjury 3 years ago and was testifying under oath today, would you trust that he is telling the truth? Probably not. Once a liar, always a liar. Hence, the belief among the non-Pat fans that once an NFL Rule Violator ("cheater") always an NFL Rule Violator ("cheater"). You may not agree with their logic from your vantage point, but their logic is sound and has a long time-honored history of accuracy.
    I would disagree with this generally as that logic suggests no one can change their stripes, or commit an honest mistake, which we both know is patently wrong but whatever. The chanting of their "non-Pats" POV is their sacred mantra and will never change regardless of logic and truth. I don't mind discussing this further but it is pretty much a waste of time on both our parts I'm sure. Thank you for the discussion though. It's a pleasure interacting with intelligent discourse.

  15. #255
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    3,311
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Thank you for the discussion though. It's a pleasure interacting with intelligent discourse.
    Intelligent discourse?... where'd we go wrong? You G-damned Pat lov'n chowd...

  16. #256
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,500
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you serious?



    lol Texans

    Pats are ready to snap, D has no idea what's going on, lolz
    Last edited by ASG0531; 12-11-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us