Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking back on JI Pre-season Predictions

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The Jets A game is better than SDs A game. But neither team shows that often.

It's a toss up game. Both QBs are turnover machines, and the outcome hinges on who protects the ball.

The Titans will have a tough time scoring, as will the Jets. I could see NY winning a close one 13-10
    Rivers despite the regression is still a far better QB than Sanchez. They have better skill position players. The Ds are comparable. I don't see how our A game would be better. The Chargers A game was blowing out the Steelers in Pittsburgh and leading the Broncos 24-0 at half. I'm not sure their motivation for the game in 2 weeks, but we're going to have a hard time scoring much of anything on their D.

Titans are the type of team we typically beat under Rex, just look at their QB.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    The Jets A game is better than SDs A game. But neither team shows that often.

It's a toss up game. Both QBs are turnover machines, and the outcome hinges on who protects the ball.

The Titans will have a tough time scoring, as will the Jets. I could see NY winning a close one 13-10
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Titans are favored by 1.5. Locker is the type of QB that we usually handle though under Rex. It's a toss-up game I guess. Chargers if they play their A game will definitely beat us. They don't play their A game often though.
    The Titans are home on a Monday Night. And if Chris Johnson gets loose, it could get ugly rather quickly.

San Diego's game at Pittsburgh is more impressive - by far - than any win the Jets have had this season. If that SD team shows up, we're done.

The Jets cannot score and can seemingly only win games in which their opponent is as bad or worse on the offensive side of the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rivers despite the regression is still a far better QB than Sanchez. They have better skill position players. The Ds are comparable. I don't see how our A game would be better. The Chargers A game was blowing out the Steelers in Pittsburgh and leading the Broncos 24-0 at half. I'm not sure their motivation for the game in 2 weeks, but we're going to have a hard time scoring much of anything on their D.

Titans are the type of team we typically beat under Rex, just look at their QB.
    plus.....going 2-1 the next 3, and missing the playoffs by a game would be the epitome of Jet football.

Not hating, just sayin.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    The Titans are home on a Monday Night. And if Chris Johnson gets loose, it could get ugly rather quickly.

San Diego's game at Pittsburgh is more impressive - by far - than any win the Jets have had this season. If that SD team shows up, we're done.

The Jets cannot score and can seemingly only win games in which their opponent is as bad or worse on the offensive side of the ball.
    If Titans just run the ball like 60-70% of plays, they have a great chance to win behind Johnson. But I'm guessing Munchak (from his resume) is a lousy coach and will try to have Locker attempt passes a player of his level should not be attempting against a good pass D. For instance, his comical pick-6 from his own 2 yard line against the Colts. If he's capable of making a play that bad, we have a good shot in general to win this.

Agreed, if the Chargers from the past few weeks show (even the one they lost to the Ravens but controlled and absolutely should have won), they will handle us.

Our problems and limitations on offense right now are so substantial that to expect to win 5 in a row by single digits in low scoring games is highly unlikely.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Genius...somebody asked if I would post who thought we would be under .500 so that's what I did. I didn't mock anyone for saying that we would be bad. In fact I admitted that I thought we would be 10-6 at the end of the year and that's obviously not happening so that's just as bad as saying they would go 6-10. And I could care less what Rex said, my post had nothing to do with that. You're a big boy, you made your own projection. And since you chose to talk sh*t I can say that you're 5-11 projection was terrible and the fact that you still whine and cry about this team not being better is hypocritical and assinine since you only projected them to win 5 games. Ok genius?
    Your post was all about going back in the past and confirming what most of us thought then. That the Jets would suck. What a revelation. Really worth the "research"

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think I called 6-10 at worst and 8-8 at best. Both are still possible outcomes.