Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets may bring back Braylon Edwards

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this. no more miami dolphin shyt. bring back the beard.
    The beard left years ago, with his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    The beard left years ago, with his game.
    beards can be grown back.

Hall Of Fame
    Fear the beard.

Especially when our razor is broke.

All Pro
    +What's this one - day IR thing? Is that some easier way to get rid of a player? Was he really not injured if he is already off of it?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

His ability to get his game back isn't the same as growing a beard

All Pro
    bring back the beard!

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets considering bringing Braylon Edwards back. Mulling options at WR and he's one of them, sources say.

Braylon is on waivers until 4 tomorrow. Jets could put in a claim or sign him as a free agent after that

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    WR Braylon Edwards, waived by Seattle today, could be headed back to New York Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Jets considering bringing Braylon Edwards back. Mulling options at WR and he's one of them, sources say.

Braylon is on waivers until 4 tomorrow. Jets could put in a claim or sign him as a free agent after that
    Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Especially when our razor is broke.
    Braylon ain't got a damn thing on my man Harden The Paint.

All League
    we have nothing to lose, sorry but its stupid not to bring him in if he is healthy enough to play with the situation we are in now

Shefter: Sources: Jets may reunite with ex-WR

The Seattle Seahawks waived wide receiver Braylon Edwards from injured reserve, clearing the way for him to possibly return to the New York Jets, according to league sources.

Even though Edwards criticized New York's organization last week, multiple league sources said the Jets will consider bringing back their former wide receiver, either by claiming him on waivers or signing him if he clears them.

The Jets, who already lost wide receiver Santonio Holmes to a season-ending injury, lost rookie wide receiver Stephen Hill on Sunday to a sprained lateral collateral ligament injury.

The Jets are down to only two healthy receivers that began the season on their roster -- Chaz Schilens and Jeremy Kerley. Clyde Gates is also still recovering from a concussion. They also have Mardy Gilyard, whom they recently signed off the street.

Coach Rex Ryan was asked Monday if they might consider Edwards.

"You guys know what I've always said about Braylon in the past, so you know how I feel about him," Ryan said. "But right now, I think we'll just focus on the guys we have."

Now, with the Jets trying to seize the AFC's last wild-card spot, they are in need of receiving help. Edwards is getting serious consideration, despite the events of last week.

While the Jets were embroiled in which quarterback to start, Edwards tweeted: "Don't blame Sanchez. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will probe it when given a proper chance."

The next day, Edwards took it all back on Twitter.

"I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for," he wrote.

Now he might wind up playing again for the administration he insulted and praised on back-to-back days.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ork-jets-radar

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Always love the "could be coming" reports.

The have no clue, other than he's free, was here before and we need a wr.

They did the same last year.

Did it before the start of this season too.

A healthy Edwards is like giving Sanchez steroids.

Edwards is a huge Sanchez supporter, yet Jets fans would drive to the Seattle airport to pick him up and make the cross country trip to reunite him with the QB they hate.

Go figure.

Practice Squad

Jets may bring back Braylon Edwards

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...aylon-edwards/

Posted by Mike Florio on December 10, 2012, 8:36 PM EST

AP
    The Seahawks are done with receiver Braylon Edwards. Another team that was believed to be done with Braylon Edwards may not be.Yes, the “idiots calling the shots” with the Jets could be dialing up Edwards, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.Edwards officially was waived from injured reserve on Monday, which will give the Jets and every other team a chance to claim him on waivers. The Jets, per Schefter, could indeed claim Edwards or try to sign him if he clears waivers.With the Jets suddenly in unexpected position to steal a playoff spot, thanks to losses on Sunday by the Bengals and Steelers, and with receiver Stephen Hill suffering a knee injury against the Jaguars, the Jets have a need — and Edwards could be the one to fill it.Edwards later apologized for the comment, which may be good enough for the Jets. Especially since they have a clear and significant requirement at the position Edwards plays.

Practice Squad
    Just saw CMart's thread, merge if necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Edwards is a huge Sanchez supporter, yet Jets fans would drive to the Seattle airport to pick him up and make the cross country trip to reunite him with the QB they hate.

Go figure.
    If you hate Sanchez the last thing you should want is to add a player who might help the team... You put the U in Stupid!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

Go figure.
    Not really.

I want them to get McElroy some targets.

Jets Insider VIP
    So he calls tanny, rex and woody idiots 2 weeks ago and now we are going to sign him? We are a f#ckin embarassment if this is true. Who i am kidding, we are any embarrassment anyway.

This franchise is pathetic.