Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Jets may bring back Braylon Edwards

Braylon Edwards has 22 receptions over the past two seasons while being released in December in two consecutive seasons by playoff teams.

Yeah, he'd fit right in here.

Pass.

If you're going to play someone, play Jordan White (Rex talking about offense is so laughable) or re-sign Patrick Turner. There's no reason for this head case to be brought back for three games into an offense he knows not a thing about.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    Its not your fault. I also suffer from the same affliction. I read somewhere that is becoming an epedemic amoung Jet fan 35 and older.
    No kidding. My wife is giving birth any day and we will be bringing our daughter home in a green Jets onesie . Hopefully Child Protective services doesn't notice.

If we bring back Braylon, then the little respect I have for our FO/Rex is totally gone.

This dude just called all of you idiots just a week ago, and you're entertaining signing him?

Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    If we bring back Braylon, then the little respect I have for our FO/Rex is totally gone.

This dude just called all of you idiots just a week ago, and you're entertaining signing him?

Pathetic.
    This is the same FO that extended Sanchez, ignored our problems and signed Tebow instead to garner publicity and THIS is what would make you lose respect for our FO?
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-11-2012 at 08:44 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Desperate people do desperate things. We will see just how desperate we are in this regard.

If he is the best option, get him in here.

Pathetic.
    How thin-skinned do you want the FO to be? If Tom Brady was cut at the end of the year b/c Ryan Mallet was the future.. should we not sign Tom Brady b/c he's said mean things about the Jets? Obviously Bray Bray is not that caliber of player.. but check your ego at the door if he can help you win sign him.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Desperate people do desperate things. We will see just how desperate we are in this regard.

If he is the best option, get him in here.
    Even if for no-other reason then to give MARK A false sense of Confidense because he was MARK`s best reciever

Pathetic.

Rookie
    If we don't at least give him a tryout then we have failed at due diligence.

Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    How thin-skinned do you want the FO to be? If Tom Brady was cut at the end of the year b/c Ryan Mallet was the future.. should we not sign Tom Brady b/c he's said mean things about the Jets? Obviously Bray Bray is not that caliber of player.. but check your ego at the door if he can help you win sign him.
    This. I would understand it if the Jets FO decided to pass on him for health reasons, productivity reasons or even because of his recent comments. But if they decide that he is the best option for this team and they want to suck it up and bring him in, i will be all for it.

He can't be worse than Chaz.

Jets Insider VIP
    Talking smack against your division rival is much different then personally insulting guys who were your bosses and paid your bills.

Dont act like what braylon did was general rival smack talk.

All League

Pathetic.
    wait, you think our FO isn't a bunch of idiots? where have you been?

Veteran
    While I am not a Snachez fan, nor do I condone Edwards recent remarks (although I almost do), I understand why he said what he said. He was simply sticking up for a friend. I think that is a noble quality in a human being, although It may cause conflict and burn bridges in some cases.

So, should a rash comment defending a friend that was apologized for be held against Edwards? If he can help the Jets, I am all for moving on with Edwards on board.

Jets Insider VIP
    Hell I would bring him back. He's still more talented than any WR that we have on our roster right now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

It was a one line, throw away tweet.

Funny, fans say things a million times worse and do a 180 hours later.
    But football players are held to a higher standard with what they type.

He didn't go on and on in an interview. Get over yourself.

If they sign him I just hope he plays lot better than he has the past two years and contributes. What he tweeted one night in defense of a friend is pointless

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    LOL. Too bad Suckchez can't make those throws anymore. If he tries, count on even more picks.
    Isn't that the strangest. I totally agree. He's not even coming close to making those throws.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by JFB View Post
    Isn't that the strangest. I totally agree. He's not even coming close to making those throws.
    And wasn't it the case that a vast majority of his picks in the past came when he was throwing to Braylon?

Mark forcing throws even more than he does now?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Talking smack against your division rival is much different then personally insulting guys who were your bosses and paid your bills.

Dont act like what braylon did was general rival smack talk.
    Get over it. It's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    This is the same FO that extended Sanchez, ignored our problems and signed Tebow instead to garner publicity and THIS is what would make you lose respect for our FO?
    As much as we clown on Ray and his persistent defending of the FO/Coaches, a part of me wants to believe him. But this move is just gutless. You can spin the Sanchez extension and all the other crap as mistakes, but what's the point in signing Braylon? If we were one WR away from going to make a serious SB run, then I'm all for it. But we are nowhere near that. And this guy called you an idiot.

Jesus ****ing Christ. These guys have no backbone.

Quote Originally Posted by how dare you View Post
    YOu can't even compare the two scenarios.

Maybe in your world, you're a supervisor and a former employee of yours calls you an idiot in front of you colleagues, you'd hire him again? He doesn't respect you and will likely undermine you. Why would you want him to be part of your team?