Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Patriots, the Texans.... and Mark Sanchez.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    You are correct except I believe McElroy could beat out Sanchez in practice and preseason if the competition is truly open and fair. The longer the Jets prolong the Sanchez experiment the longer it will take for this franchise to become competitive with the top teams. Four years is more than enough time to know what Sanchez is. He may have a stronger arm but what good is a strong arm if you can't hit your target, fumble often, panic with the deer in the headlights look after you take a hit, can't read defenses, pick up the blitz, consistently throw interceptions and can't remember the play yopu called in the huddle and run up your guards ass. Sanchez is not tough mentally and has been babied and coddled more than any QB in the history of football on any level. I can't believe there are Jet fans and our Head coach think he gives the team the best choice to win. My prediction is he will be out of football in three years unless we still have the three stooges running the Jets.
    I think this is the issue most people are missing when they say Sanchez should get another shot. He's not the future and every realistic fan, coach and player must recognize that...Therefor we need to try anyone else.

What has to kept in mind too, is that by rule the team literally practices less than once a week in full pads during the season. That means there's only 15 times a YEAR (after the pre-season) to realistically evaluate the QB's.

My sense is Mark is probably a very good practice QB, because there's no real pressure, but he crumbles under any pressure. Whereas both Tebow and McElroy (from the small sampling I saw) seem to handle pressure well and will therefor be better NFL QB's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do those inexperienced WR's factor into Sanchez's league-leading numbers of fumbles?
    GREAT point, and what I have been saying over the last 2 years of Sanchez follies. A great QB makes everyone better around him. This QB sucks and drags everyone down with him. There is no excuse for INTS in the RZ, fumbles from holding the ball too long, and, the biggest phopas of all time,
    "ass gate".

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Boom. Dead on. A lot of users are still coddling this guy like he's some damn rookie. Next year, he'll be in his FIFTH year. And you can bet he'll still not be able to take care of the ball.
    But he only had one year in college.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The other side of that argument is..

1) OUR worst game of the year against NE...we lost about as badly as an 11-1 team.

2) We played the Texans very hard and almost won. Same game 1 against NE.

3) We have almost, if not THE most difficult schedule in our 1st 10 games.

4) Sanchez has NO consistent receivers

That said..he is a PICK/Fumble machine and has to go but if we had ONE win more...this team would be stoked and so would the fans. imagine we beat NE in game 1 as we should have. Just sayin....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    The other side of that argument is..

1) OUR worst game of the year against NE...we lost about as badly as an 11-1 team.

2) We played the Texans very hard and almost won. Same game 1 against NE.

3) We have almost, if not THE most difficult schedule in our 1st 10 games.

4) Sanchez has NO consistent receivers

That said..he is a PICK/Fumble machine and has to go but if we had ONE win more...this team would be stoked and so would the fans. imagine we beat NE in game 1 as we should have. Just sayin....
    Imagine the outcome if another Jets QB "only" made 1/2 the mistakes of Sanchez in the close games you mentioned.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Imagine the outcome if another Jets QB "only" made 1/2 the mistakes of Sanchez in the close games you mentioned.
    Please...I'm having a good day. Don't ruin it. I beg you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please...I'm having a good day. Don't ruin it. I beg you.
    A ton of account receivables come in?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A ton of account receivables come in?
    Cash and carry. Sopranos and Co. CPA's.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Did anyone hear JJ Watt's number called last night? I sure didn;t.
    I do.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cash and carry. Sopranos and Co. CPA's.
    That's how BB and Krafty pay off the refs.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Where the **** did you go to school?

This makes literally no sense...

How the **** does NE crushing the Texans in a week where there was an alleged 'changing of the guard' within the media have anything to do with how bad Sanchez is... Or how he can compare to Wilson, Smith, Cutler, etc...

If anything, you made the case for how incredibly difficult it is to beat NE... Sanchez has done it more than any QB you listed...

I'm not making a case for him per se either... I'm simply saying you attempted to create a thread and spark discussion on how ****ty Mark Sanchez is and failed miserably at being sensical (SIC) about it...
    It does make sense. My point is I don't understand how anyone, INCLUDING REX, can watch real quarterbacks in action and then continue to start Mark Sanchez. Are we intentionally sucking for a draft pick or something?

If you gave Tebow a starters time in practice and started doing it immediately he would be playing much better than Sanchez is right now, even if that isn't necessarily good.

I just don't understand how we can watch real quarterbacks in action (you know, the kind who actually know how to play the position) and then continue to support, defend, and START (talking to YOU, REX RYAN!) Mark Sanchez every week.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    It does make sense. My point is I don't understand how anyone, INCLUDING REX, can watch real quarterbacks in action and then continue to start Mark Sanchez. Are we intentionally sucking for a draft pick or something?

If you gave Tebow a starters time in practice and started doing it immediately he would be playing much better than Sanchez is right now, even if that isn't necessarily good.

I just don't understand how we can watch real quarterbacks in action (you know, the kind who actually know how to play the position) and then continue to support, defend, and START (talking to YOU, REX RYAN!) Mark Sanchez every week.
    I'm with you on the premise of Sanchez sucking...

But I'm reading the OP and I was lost on how you correlated the Pats/Texans game to Sanchez sucking lol...

He sucks but I wouldn't want to be stuck with the mediocrity of Cutler or Wilson either... They're better but Cutler is basically Sanchez with a cannon arm half the time...

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the game just really hammered home for me just how God awful our quarterback is. lol