Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Patriots, the Texans.... and Mark Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

If San Fransisco lets Alex Smith go we better damn well throw an offer in his direction because I can't take another season of this.
    Have you even WATCHED Alex Smith? If you hate Sanchez how can you think he is the answer? He has been sitting around the NFL for 8 years now, has done nothing.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So last night, like a lot of American football fans, I tuned in to Monday Night Football expecting to see something of an AFC heavyweight fight. Sports journalists were billing the contest as a sort of changing of the guard, where the almighty Texans, the most balanced team in the league, 11-1, the sure AFC representatives in the Superbowl, were going to officially take their throne as the lords of the AFC by unseating its former king.

Instead I just watched Tom Brady nonchalantly pull down his pants and take a giant dump on all of it.

I mean, I try to keep my language classy but I don't know how else to describe it. Everything ESPN and the NFL Network have said, and all the AFC dialogue that's been building for like two months now surrounding the Texans new spot in the AFC... yeah.... Tom Brady just took a giant crap on all of it.

42-14 with 7 of that 14 coming after NE pulled all its starters in super-garbage time. The reputation of the Texans is completely gone, poof, just like that. Tomorrow it'll be all about "Who the hell can stop the Patriots?"

So what does this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

Look, there's only one Tom Brady and I understand he's not coming here, but we see him twice a year. We see other quarterbacks. We WATCH football (or do you?).

You know what...

Forget Tom Brady, I don't even know how anyone can watch Tony Romo, or even Jay Cutler, or Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith, or really ANYONE else in the National Football League and then with a straight face say "Mark Sanchez is our man. I'm not ready to give up on Mark Sanchez, blah blah blah blah blah."

To me it's like another language that translates into English as "I want my Jets to really, really suck forever, and I love misery and wanting to put a fist through my television every weekend."

People have asked "Are you ready to give up on Sanchez?" "Do we need to bench Sanchez?" "Should we start him? Or him?"

Let me rephrase the question: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WATCH ANOTHER QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL AND THEN SAY MARK SANCHEZ IS YOUR MAN?

When was the last time you saw another quarterback run into his own players ass and fumble the ball? I mean what the hell is wrong with Sanchez supporters? Is this like some disease or something?

If San Fransisco lets Alex Smith go we better damn well throw an offer in his direction because I can't take another season of this.
    As Braylon Edwards stated: The Jets FO and MGT. are idiots!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    We can't pay big money to TWO QB's. Just draft a QB, cut Tebow and bench Sanchez in favor of G-Mac.
    why not trade SUCKCHEZ to anyone in the NFC and Make Tebow a FB. Then sign a real QB if one becomes available and draft a young one too. McElroy could still be our best option!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    We need to use a top pick (3rd round or above) in the 2013 or 2014 draft on a QB and hope that players pans out, there really is no other solution.
    Exactly. They need to invest another high pick at QB, people need to accept that. Also, someone else must be brought in for 2013. The coaching staff clearly does not have faith in McElroy and Sanchez is so shot that he clearly can't go into training camp as the #1. Jets need to realize that QB is a huge weakness on the team and it must be addressed, probably before anything else.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    It is extremely hard for someone like mcelroy to beat out sanchez in practice and the preseason.

The opportunity to see what mcelroy really has, was dropped by starting sanchez vs jacksonville last week.

If we really were going to "give sanchez a last chance" then we would have thrown more then we did sunday. There is no doubt we woudl have had the same outcome with mcelroy behind center, minus the fumble sanchez had.

Furthermore, if we bring in a veteran backup for 2013, it will further stunt mcelroys development and keep him from really ever seeing the field.

No one knows what mcelroy is or isnt, and all the arm strength questions really are meaningless unless anyone actually saw him in an NFL game, unfortunatlely the opportunity for us to ever see that is virtually zero at this point.

We need to use a top pick (3rd round or above) in the 2013 or 2014 draft on a QB and hope that players pans out, there really is no other solution.
    You are correct except I believe McElroy could beat out Sanchez in practice and preseason if the competition is truly open and fair. The longer the Jets prolong the Sanchez experiment the longer it will take for this franchise to become competitive with the top teams. Four years is more than enough time to know what Sanchez is. He may have a stronger arm but what good is a strong arm if you can't hit your target, fumble often, panic with the deer in the headlights look after you take a hit, can't read defenses, pick up the blitz, consistently throw interceptions and can't remember the play yopu called in the huddle and run up your guards ass. Sanchez is not tough mentally and has been babied and coddled more than any QB in the history of football on any level. I can't believe there are Jet fans and our Head coach think he gives the team the best choice to win. My prediction is he will be out of football in three years unless we still have the three stooges running the Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should just do an all-QB draft and hope someone works out. Pick a QB in every round. Its the only thing we havent tried in finding a SB quality QB since Namath.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    We should just do an all-QB draft and hope someone works out. Pick a QB in every round. Its the only thing we havent tried in finding a SB quality QB since Namath.
    With the rookie salary cap, it's honestly not a terrible idea.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get on the Norv Turner Philip Rivers bus!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Herpty Derp Derp QB should get all the credit and all the blame herpty derp derp"

Typical rhetoric bs

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    "Herpty Derp Derp QB should get all the credit and all the blame herpty derp derp"

Typical rhetoric bs
    Hey now, Mark Sanchez won FOUR road playoff games... he outplayed Hall of Famers... on the road!!!!! Did I mention that he did all of this on the road?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Hey now, Mark Sanchez won FOUR road playoff games... he outplayed Hall of Famers... on the road!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    So last night, like a lot of American football fans, I tuned in to Monday Night Football expecting to see something of an AFC heavyweight fight. Sports journalists were billing the contest as a sort of changing of the guard, where the almighty Texans, the most balanced team in the league, 11-1, the sure AFC representatives in the Superbowl, were going to officially take their throne as the lords of the AFC by unseating its former king.

Instead I just watched Tom Brady nonchalantly pull down his pants and take a giant dump on all of it.

I mean, I try to keep my language classy but I don't know how else to describe it. Everything ESPN and the NFL Network have said, and all the AFC dialogue that's been building for like two months now surrounding the Texans new spot in the AFC... yeah.... Tom Brady just took a giant crap on all of it.

42-14 with 7 of that 14 coming after NE pulled all its starters in super-garbage time. The reputation of the Texans is completely gone, poof, just like that. Tomorrow it'll be all about "Who the hell can stop the Patriots?"

So what does this have to do with Mark Sanchez?

Look, there's only one Tom Brady and I understand he's not coming here, but we see him twice a year. We see other quarterbacks. We WATCH football (or do you?).

You know what...

Forget Tom Brady, I don't even know how anyone can watch Tony Romo, or even Jay Cutler, or Russell Wilson, or Alex Smith, or really ANYONE else in the National Football League and then with a straight face say "Mark Sanchez is our man. I'm not ready to give up on Mark Sanchez, blah blah blah blah blah."

To me it's like another language that translates into English as "I want my Jets to really, really suck forever, and I love misery and wanting to put a fist through my television every weekend."

People have asked "Are you ready to give up on Sanchez?" "Do we need to bench Sanchez?" "Should we start him? Or him?"

Let me rephrase the question: HOW THE HELL CAN YOU WATCH ANOTHER QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL AND THEN SAY MARK SANCHEZ IS YOUR MAN?

When was the last time you saw another quarterback run into his own players ass and fumble the ball? I mean what the hell is wrong with Sanchez supporters? Is this like some disease or something?

Where the **** did you go to school?

This makes literally no sense...

How the **** does NE crushing the Texans in a week where there was an alleged 'changing of the guard' within the media have anything to do with how bad Sanchez is... Or how he can compare to Wilson, Smith, Cutler, etc...

If anything, you made the case for how incredibly difficult it is to beat NE... Sanchez has done it more than any QB you listed...

I'm not making a case for him per se either... I'm simply saying you attempted to create a thread and spark discussion on how ****ty Mark Sanchez is and failed miserably at being sensical (SIC) about it...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im no weirdo, and i know alot about football. You can't judge any quarterback, if he has no playmakers around him. Not only doesn't Sanchez have playmakers, he has inexperienced receivers who run the wrong routes and drop passes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im no weirdo, and i know alot about football. You can't judge any quarterback, if he has no playmakers around him. Not only doesn't Sanchez have playmakers, he has inexperienced receivers who run the wrong routes and drop passes.
    How do those inexperienced WR's factor into Sanchez's league-leading numbers of fumbles?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    why not trade SUCKCHEZ to anyone in the NFC and Make Tebow a FB. Then sign a real QB if one becomes available and draft a young one too. McElroy could still be our best option!
    Who the hell would take Sanchez? Aside from MAYBE Arizona, I can't think of anyone who would trade for the Boy Blunder.

As far as Tebow being converted to FB goes, we don't really know much about his blocking other than 1 play against either Miami or Buffalo where we went low on a guy and knocked him down while playing TE. I'm really not sure what lead blocking ability he has. Not to mention, we already have Hilliard who's doing just fine at FB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is all coaching. Period. Sanchez was good if not great his first 2 years, played really well, had a lot of 4th quarter comebacks, and had minimal f**k ups, however during years 3 and 4 he has regressed past where he was when he first joined the Jets all the way back to almost a pop warner level. This makes no sense at all. IMO, it would not matter who the QB we bring in is, if we do not get new coaching that can develop players, it will yield the same results. Mistake prone, inaccurate, lackluster, ride up the ass of the OT and fumble away 7 points regressive shoddy QB play week in and week out.

Oh and this goes for the rest of the team as well. How is it NE wins 11+ games every year and gets to SB's almost every year? They know how to draft and sign players to fortify an already strong roster, they have top player development and scouting staff(s). We have no clue what the hell we are doing, it is so obvious. Not to beat a dead horse, but WTF did we need to trade for Tim Teblow for? His misuse this season has been utterly embarassing and wreaks of lack of knowing WTF we are doing, They (NE) signs Brandon Lloyd, we sign Marty Gillyard and Clyde Gates - who the F**k are these guys? Ridiculous how we were allowed to go into this season with this offensive roster. Ridiculous. Now I don't absolve the QB because of the roster, the franchise QB is supposed to make everyone better around him, and the incumbent QB makes everyone worse around him.

So what we have ais a huge mess that needs cleaning and fixing. Coaching is the absolute key along with scouting, proper drafting and player development.
    Last edited by ASH_1962; 12-12-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody who actually paid attention to when we played the Texans this year, knew that the Houston backfield is atrocious and that Tom Brady was going to tear them apart. That's before even thinking about how they were short Cushing.

And the reason you could see this was because Sanchez actually had one of his better games this year against Houston, hence the , If Sanchez could do it, I'm going to take Green Bay on the moneyline +280 that made me a ton of money.

People think way too hard about this stuff sometimes. 11-1 this year isn't much of an accomplishment.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How do those inexperienced WR's factor into Sanchez's league-leading numbers of fumbles?
    Thank you. People need to understand that it shouldn't take being surrounded by probowlers to get you to quit turning the ball over. That's all on Sanchez.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Thank you. People need to understand that it shouldn't take being surrounded by probowlers to get you to quit turning the ball over. That's all on Sanchez.
    I heard that the announcers during Jax said that Sanchez alone has more turnovers then 11 other teams this year. In year 4, that is unforgivable.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I heard that the announcers during Jax said that Sanchez alone has more turnovers then 11 other teams this year. In year 4, that is unforgivable.
    Boom. Dead on. A lot of users are still coddling this guy like he's some damn rookie. Next year, he'll be in his FIFTH year. And you can bet he'll still not be able to take care of the ball.