Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 77 of 77

Thread: What is the main reason the Jets are winning games?

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    1) Rex is a GREAT defensive coach. Unless the defense is just overwhelmed by the talent on the other side of the ball, they're stout.

    2) We have played a number of truly terrible teams this year. A lot of people on here think we're a terrible team, but we're not. We're below-average. Our schedule is filled with teams that are either great, very good, or terrible. We don't play any other average to below-average teams, except for the Dolphins and Chargers.
    The Jets have had the most difficult schedule in the league based on opponent records this year.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if there is any correlation to that and winning games in the NFF?
    Why is this ******* allowed to do this same **** over and over again?

    I'm sick and ****ing tired of this ****ing loser!

  3. #63
    New York Jets team motto: One step forward, two steps back.

    Best worst team in football.

    Hoo-rah!

  4. #64
    Braylon Edwards is the reason we're winning games.

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Opponents are folding to get better draft picks now that the top slots are reasonably priced. With each extra Jet win, a future of mediocrity becomes more secure. Yippie....we'll be picking in the teens ....watch out league...we're coming
    Look at recent history ... other than Brick our early Rd 1 picks have worked out badly. (Prior to that, you have to go back to Keyshawn Johnson to find a good Top 10 pick). The guys who are showing their worth are the ones picked later - the likes of Revis, Mangold, Wilkerson. Picking earlier is only an advantage if the best guy in the draft is at a position you need - like Luck & RG3 last year.

    Who in the top 5 or 10 this year is a "must have" that we're going to lose out on?

    Teams like NE, GB, Pitt continually pick in the bottom half of the draft and they remain the strongest teams, because they pick smart and develop smart. (Was Rogers always going to be better than Smith, or was he developed better by the team that picked him?)

    Getting an earlier draft pick is not the magic answer to this team's issues.

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Jets have had the most difficult schedule in the league based on opponent records this year.
    That's what happens when teams have to play the Pats twice a year.

    BTW, how have the Jets fared against good teams this year?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's what happens when teams have to play the Pats twice a year.

    BTW, how have the Jets fared against good teams this year?
    TX, last I checked no one here really thinks the Jets are very good despite the fact that by some miracle of AFC mediocrity they have a shot for the playoffs. And most, if not all, acknowledge (but despise) the great play of Brady and the Pats. So, lay off it. Quite honestly, I'm disappointed in you. You're better than this.
    Last edited by SONNY WERBLIN; 12-12-2012 at 11:06 AM.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Jets have had the most difficult schedule in the league based on opponent records this year.
    The league is binary.

    Teams are either good or bad. There's no real in between. At least this year.

    Hence this is misleading, because the Jets have only beaten one team over .500 and Indy simply isn't very good.

    Over the past two years the Jets have two wins over teams that finished over .500:

    Dallas and Indy.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    TX, last I checked no one hear really thinks the Jets are very good despite the fact that by some miracle of AFC mediocrity they have a shot for the playoffs. And most, if not all, acknowledge (but despise) the great play of Brady and the Pats. So, lay off it. Quite honestly, I'm disappointed in you. You're better than this.
    Sonny, I was responding to one specific poster, but I hear your message loud and clear.

    My aologies.

  10. #70
    This is my first post on this forum.Its horrifying to me that Jet fans can talk about rebuilding, when the facts are we are very close to being a very good team. To dismiss the loss of Holmes, and Keller, as if it has nothing to do with Sanchez's season, is ridiculous, and unfair. Who is he throwing to? A rookie wide receiver coming out of a triple option in college. Gates is in his second year, a Miami practice squad guy. Kerley is not an outside guy, he's a slot receiver. So without an outside threat, no tight end to open up, and threaten the middle of the field, its Sanchez's fault. We lost to the Texans by six points. No Keller, no Holmes, would they have made a difference. You bet they would have. The biggest mistake was not resigning Edwards to start the season. A huge mistake that literally cost us a few games.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is my first post on this forum.Its horrifying to me that Jet fans can talk about rebuilding, when the facts are we are very close to being a very good team. To dismiss the loss of Holmes, and Keller, as if it has nothing to do with Sanchez's season, is ridiculous, and unfair. Who is he throwing to? A rookie wide receiver coming out of a triple option in college. Gates is in his second year, a Miami practice squad guy. Kerley is not an outside guy, he's a slot receiver. So without an outside threat, no tight end to open up, and threaten the middle of the field, its Sanchez's fault. We lost to the Texans by six points. No Keller, no Holmes, would they have made a difference. You bet they would have. The biggest mistake was not resigning Edwards to start the season. A huge mistake that literally cost us a few games.
    Mark?

  12. #72
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    We are winning because of the opposing teams QB.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    Mark?
    Sanchez is on the boards now.

    Mark I for one wish you a speedy trip back to the West Coast, where you belong.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is my first post on this forum.Its horrifying to me that Jet fans can talk about rebuilding, when the facts are we are very close to being a very good team. To dismiss the loss of Holmes, and Keller, as if it has nothing to do with Sanchez's season, is ridiculous, and unfair. Who is he throwing to? A rookie wide receiver coming out of a triple option in college. Gates is in his second year, a Miami practice squad guy. Kerley is not an outside guy, he's a slot receiver. So without an outside threat, no tight end to open up, and threaten the middle of the field, its Sanchez's fault. We lost to the Texans by six points. No Keller, no Holmes, would they have made a difference. You bet they would have. The biggest mistake was not resigning Edwards to start the season. A huge mistake that literally cost us a few games.
    Well what do you call a team that had some success 4 out of 5 years from 06-2010 and the last two years the team being worse than the year before?
    A team that will be required to turnover 17 players including both safeties, 4 LB, 4 olineman, 2 dlineman, the starting rb and the starting TE.

    The team is rebuilding, which is great for jet fans, you at least have hope that the future will be better than the last two years or what next year would be if you just try to patch the team..

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    8,253
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    This is my first post on this forum.Its horrifying to me that Jet fans can talk about rebuilding, when the facts are we are very close to being a very good team. To dismiss the loss of Holmes, and Keller, as if it has nothing to do with Sanchez's season, is ridiculous, and unfair. Who is he throwing to? A rookie wide receiver coming out of a triple option in college. Gates is in his second year, a Miami practice squad guy. Kerley is not an outside guy, he's a slot receiver. So without an outside threat, no tight end to open up, and threaten the middle of the field, its Sanchez's fault. We lost to the Texans by six points. No Keller, no Holmes, would they have made a difference. You bet they would have. The biggest mistake was not resigning Edwards to start the season. A huge mistake that literally cost us a few games.
    Hey suckchez the raiders are calling go be with your friend Palmer and get the hell out of ny


    Sincerely the non-homer jets fans

  16. #76
    Goodell frontloaded the schedule with tough games hoping Sanchez would be benched for Tebow Moneybags. And then he backloaded all the easy games against scrub teams hoping Tebow would be the starting QB by then. Credit Rex for not caving into the bs.


    Tim Tebow as the NY Jets starting QB? Can you say tv ratings and merchandising goldmine?

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    8,253
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Goodell frontloaded the schedule with tough games hoping Sanchez would be benched for Tebow Moneybags. And then he backloaded all the easy games against scrub teams hoping Tebow would be the starting QB by then. Credit Rex for not caving into the bs.


    Tim Tebow as the NY Jets starting QB? Can you say tv ratings and merchandising goldmine?
    Yeah credit Rex for being stubborn and stuck-up he would rather defy woody then win football games. As long as his boyfriend suckchez plays we can beat all the crap teams in the league and get smoked by real teams where Sanchez is always allotted a scape-goat. Congrats Rex you freakinf moron

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us