Thread: Is it me or is Cromartie getting all the calls now ?

Jets Insider VIP

Is it me or is Cromartie getting all the calls now ?

When Revis was on the field and giving WRís the business, Cromartie couldnít lay a finger on a WR without getting flagged.

Now, every replay I see on him, heís playing like Revis: excellent in coverage with a strategically placed tug, pull or push off. Against the Jags there were a few that could have been called IMO.

I think itís a mix of both: heís getting the calls and heís doing it better (ie: less blatant).

I've noticed that, too. didn't he have like 5 PI penalties through the first couple games? THink he's had about 1 since his rise to studdom. I saw him getting a little grabby vs. Jax, but nothing called. Excellent

Veteran
    It was his time to step up and I'm really surprised he's doing so well. Knowing he has this potential, but couldn't believe he was ready to activate it.

Veteran
    Bodes well for the pass defense once Revis returns.
    They really have two shut down corners now.

If we have both these guys next year ... Omg. He has elevated his game big time.

the Jets pass D has been great since Rex arrived -- I think low-mid 50s completion percentage allowed for the 4th straight year. Especially outside the numbers. And this without a pass rush. I give Wilson some sht on occasion for getting toasted or fist pumping after giving up a 10 yard catch, but really the Jets DBs are probably the highlight position this season. They could use a few more INTs and TEs still do some damage, but on the whole, Cro and Co. have been pretty nasty this season