Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Tweets 12/11: "Braylon Watch" Edition

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    No doubt he does but the reality is that these guys are trying to win games and this is a business...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    Win games?

JWN just wants to whine about his team, winning games isn't as important on finding his next rip job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Ha.

Also, who knew Aaron Glenn was a scout with the Jets? I'm not sure if he is a good scout, but I'm glad the Jets found a job for him in the organization. He was a very good CB for the Jets for a lot of years.
    Did. And how do you know he isn't?

I'd trust him as a scout over all the JI experts on here, including me.
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-11-2012 at 10:28 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Win games? JWN just wants to whine about his team, winning games isn't as important on finding his next rip job.
    I have a long term vision. You are all looking at this short sighted. Signing edwards sends a bad message to the players. Have some respect for yourself and your organization and dont sign a guy who just called you an idiot.

Could edwards help? Probably. but what does it matter. We are incapable of winning the super bowl.

So if we cant win the super bowl, then show some pride and dignity and dont sign a guy who just called you an idiot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Did. And how do you know he isn't?

I'd trust him as a scout over all the JI experts on here, including me.
    That wasn't meant to be a commentary on Aaron Glenn specifically. Just that the Jets scouting in recent memory has been "less than stellar". I have no idea how long he's been scouting with the Jets.

I always liked Aaron Glenn and he was always a very good player. It's actually more of an appreciation that the Jets found a place for "one of their own". I remember that being a serious aggravation under Mangini.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I have a long term vision. You are all looking at this short sighted. Signing edwards sends a bad message to the players. Have some respect for yourself and your organization and dont sign a guy who just called you an idiot.

Could edwards help? Probably. but what does it matter. We are incapable of winning the super bowl.

So if we cant win the super bowl, then show some pride and dignity and dont sign a guy who just called you an idiot.
    Meh. I think you can go either way on it. But I imagine that the players want the Jets to sign players to give them the best chance to win, and they are without 3 of their top 4 pass catching threats.

If players found out that they didn't sign him because of some comments, that comes off as petty and like someone who puts their ego first over the good of the team. I'm sure it differs from player to player, but certainly you can see it from another angle.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    This guy gets it.
    Gets what? People shoot off their mouths all of the time. Big deal. Sticks and stones.....

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...0-0f101a8f51b2

Aaron Glenn Returns to Jets ... as a Scout
    Posted Jun 7, 2012

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

If somehow the jets can grab that #6 seed these guys get an extra pay check. You think anyone cares about what Braylon said? Get off your high horse about pride and dignity. Your long term vision clouds the reality that is right in front of you.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    If somehow the jets can grab that #6 seed these guys get an extra pay check. You think anyone cares about what Braylon said? Get off your high horse about pride and dignity. Your long term vision clouds the reality that is right in front of you.
    This.

The NFL is a business. It isn't personal.

If Braylon makes us better, can be had for pennies cap-wise, and for a deal that only holds him for the rest of THIS season....then his little hissy-fit of insult becomes meaningless. You sign him. Business.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Ramp up the Braylon-Edwards-back-to-Jets story. Jets released RB Kahlil Bell to make room for a wide receiver, per league source.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Braylon Edwards wants to return to the Jets. Rex Ryan has an affinity for Edwards. There could be a reunion later today. #nyj

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wasn't meant to be a commentary on Aaron Glenn specifically. Just that the Jets scouting in recent memory has been "less than stellar". I have no idea how long he's been scouting with the Jets.

I always liked Aaron Glenn and he was always a very good player. It's actually more of an appreciation that the Jets found a place for "one of their own". I remember that being a serious aggravation under Mangini.
    For those of you who haven't seen the Barry Sanders "A football life" on NFLN, check it out. It's excellent.

FWIW, it shows his run against NYJs that put him over the 2000 yard mark. He was tackled at the end of the run by Aaron Glenn.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't wait to see the anger on this board when the Jets sign a Defensive Back this afternoon....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmat321 View Post
    can't wait to see the anger on this board when the Jets sign a Defensive Back this afternoon....
    the board may crash if edwards isn't signed by tonight

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Confirmed Jets have waived Kahlil Bell. Here comes Braylon?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha.

Also, who knew Aaron Glenn was a scout with the Jets? I'm not sure if he is a good scout, but I'm glad the Jets found a job for him in the organization. He was a very good CB for the Jets for a lot of years.
    +1 Glenn was the reason I wore #31 in High School ..... definitely a solid player for a long time for us

Sent from my LG-P999

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    For those of you who haven't seen the Barry Sanders "A football life" on NFLN, check it out. It's excellent.

FWIW, it shows his run against NYJs that put him over the 2000 yard mark. He was tackled at the end of the run by Aaron Glenn.
    OJ went over the 2,000 mark against the Jets as well..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bring Back Bray...👍

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post

I was at that damn game, the infamous Leon Johnson halfback option pass game
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 12-11-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden
    Jets poised to sign WR Braylon Edwards, giving the Jets another player to tackle defenders who intercept passes from Mark Sanchez