Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 86

Thread: Looking back on JI Pre-season Predictions

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262

    Looking back on JI Pre-season Predictions

    I was just looking back on the Pre-season prediction thread and got some interesting results. There were 77 concrete predictions given. The results I got were 632 wins and 620 losses. This obviously says that over those 77 predictions the average record people on JI thought the Jets would have is 8-8. These predictions were given prior to Revis and Holmes going down for the year. I can comfortably say that if we were going into the season without those 2 that on average people would have predicted 2 less wins which would constitute to a 6-10 record. I think people forget that we weren't highly regarded going into the season but a lot were optimistic b/c we had what appeared to be an easy schedule and that one reason is why most of the people who had us above 8-8 sighted for having that prediction. Well as it turns out through 13 games we have had the toughest schedule in the NFL and that's without our best offensive and defensive player. 6-7 suddenly doesn't seem like such a disappointment when you look back at what expectations were prior to the season. And now 9-7 doesn't seem out of reach and 8-8 definitely attainable. I won't call anyone out on here but go back to the pre-season thread and look b/c the same people who are driving the "fire Rex" mantra are some of the same people who predicted us to have less or an equal amount of wins as we do now and that was with Revis and Holmes healthy. So the Jets exceeded your expectations yet you're still whining and carrying on like children? Utter FAIL!

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Can you refresh my memory what did I predict 8-8 or was it 6-10 I don't remember.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Who said this?

    "Overall, in my opinion, I think this has a chance to be the best team that Iíve had since Iíve been the coach here.Ē
    We have gotten our doors blown off against the 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers and Dolphins. One quality win against a team with a rookie QB. Our only win against a team with an over .500 record in the past two years.

    And where were these threads two weeks ago? Before we beat the two worst teams in the NFL, one that lost by 58 points a week after our backup QB had to bail us out and defeat them by one point.

    But you're right. The posters are the ones that are failing.

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who said this?



    We have gotten our doors blown off against the 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers and Dolphins. One quality win against a team with a rookie QB. Our only win against a team with an over .500 record in the past two years.

    And where were these threads two weeks ago? Before we beat the two worst teams in the NFL, one that lost by 58 points a week after our backup QB had to bail us out and defeat them by one point.

    But you're right. The posters are the ones that are failing.
    Jets won 2 in a row and you're just miserable over it.

    Only the most miserable of all whines about wins.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Who said this?



    We have gotten our doors blown off against the 49ers, Seahawks, Patriots, Steelers and Dolphins. One quality win against a team with a rookie QB. Our only win against a team with an over .500 record in the past two years.

    And where were these threads two weeks ago? Before we beat the two worst teams in the NFL, one that lost by 58 points a week after our backup QB had to bail us out and defeat them by one point.

    But you're right. The posters are the ones that are failing.
    Rex is a good coach, his mouth is his worst enemy.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Jets won 2 in a row and you're just miserable over it.

    Only the most miserable of all whines about wins.
    You are a troll of the highest order. Just reading your last few posts and nearly all of them are knocking posters and/or the board.

    I'm not whining about the wins. Just wondering how they change things and why 2 wins against crappy teams justify calling people out for predictions.

    Where was this thread two weeks ago? Where were you and the brigade two weeks ago. The brigade's act is very transparent.

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Rex is a good coach, his mouth is his worst enemy.
    I agree that if he didn't talk as much he would get far more credit for what he has accomplished. However, IMO his disinterest in offense does not allow him to be a "good coach". He is one dimensional and has no shown an ability or desire to become a complete coach. When you are a HC you can't make everything about the defense.

  8. #8
    I believe I was 10 and 6....adding to that, my prediction assumed we were under talented at WR but Mark would lead us to 2 comebacks.


    well....who could have predicted Marks overly poor play (don't answer).

    At this point. 8 and 8 is most likely..... 9 and 7 a shame when you consider games we should have had in the bag. I'll take 9 and 7 and run.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You are a troll of the highest order. .
    lol

    Tell us again how wins don't mean a thing against lousy teams..

    Season predictions count no matter the schedule, the schedule hasn't changed.

    Last year, how many teams did the pats beat during the regular season, who had a winning record?

    Hint, 0
    Last edited by Jet Nut; 12-10-2012 at 09:33 PM.

  10. #10
    Can only say one thing to the OP.


    STFU.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Can someone do a summary of listing of those "realists" who predicted less than 6 wins for the season

    While at it also include the "realist" who has posted more than 100 times this summer and season that even with a great franchise qb in Sanchez the Jets won't win more than SIX games this year because he hates Rex Ryan

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    Can you refresh my memory what did I predict 8-8 or was it 6-10 I don't remember.
    This is exactly what you said:
    If Sanchez is still our QB at the end of the season 8-8 Tebow when all's said and done 10-6

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Manalapan, NJ/Boca Raton, Fl
    Posts
    15,569
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Can someone do a summary of listing of those "realists" who predicted less than 6 wins for the season

    While at it also include the "realist" who has posted more than 100 times this summer and season that even with a great franchise qb in Sanchez the Jets won't win more than SIX games this year because he hates Rex Ryan

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    That fool predicted no more than 4 wins

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    lol

    Tell us again how wins don't mean a thing against lousy teams..

    Season predictions count no matter the schedule, the schedule hasn't changed.

    Last year, how many teams did the pats beat during the regular season, who had a winning record?

    Hint, 0
    There you go again inventing an argument. I never said that the wins don't count. But the opponent should be taken into consideration. Our performances against good teams has left a lot to be desired.

    Pats made the SB last year. There weren't squeaking by.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    There you go again inventing an argument. I never said that the wins don't count. But the opponent should be taken into consideration. Our performances against good teams has left a lot to be desired.

    Pats made the SB last year. There weren't squeaking by.
    There you go again inventing whining reasons why things are worse than they really are

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    There you go again inventing whining reasons why things are worse than they really are

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    You were doing so good.

    What happened?

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,857
    I'm still doing well as they say in the world of correct grammar

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    21,221
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I'm still doing well as they say in the world of correct grammar

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Your () better than that. Past month or so you have been insightful.

    Don't let the brigade drag you down.

  19. #19
    I predicted Sanchez would run into Matt Slauson's ass and fumble.

    So close...

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,262
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Can someone do a summary of listing of those "realists" who predicted less than 6 wins for the season

    While at it also include the "realist" who has posted more than 100 times this summer and season that even with a great franchise qb in Sanchez the Jets won't win more than SIX games this year because he hates Rex Ryan

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
    Sure:

    Simijet: 5-11
    JetsRooter: 4-12
    Rextilleon: 5-11
    Ash1962: 3-13
    lageman4ever: 4-12
    heymangold: "would be happy with a 6-10 record"
    Minkaveli: 6-10
    Patsfantx: "6-8 wins tops"
    Ironfan40: 7-9
    NewYorkSackExchange: 7-9
    Sports: 7-9
    Vinny Testaverde's Niece: 6-10
    LSJF: 7-9
    Scitscat: 7-9
    JetFan16: 6-10
    Jmat321: "Best case 6-10, worst case 2-14."
    ChiroRob: "4-18, We will have losses so bad that they count as two."
    Fidelioion: 6-10
    Traitor Jay & the Woodies: 5-11
    LanceMehl: "4-12 or 5-11"
    NYJets4Life: 6-10
    Green&White51: 5-11
    LAJetFan: "7-9 maybe 6-10"
    PMarsico: "6-10, unless they sign a Right Tackle and a true #2 WR." Neither of those 2 things happened
    MnJetFan: 2-14
    dcronin: "5-11 tops"
    TechJet: "6-10 I feel bad for Tebow. After the 2012 season he's leaving anyway. " In TechJets defense 2 weeks prior to this prediction he said we were going to go 8-8.


    Mike and Mike predicted us to go 6-10. So when you hear them talking sh*t about the Jets record you can remember that they are phonies and hypocritical.

    Southtown: Talking about the Mike and Mike predictions, "Sounds about right"
    Last edited by Choon328; 12-10-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us