Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The media: You'd think we were 2-11 !!

The media: You'd think we were 2-11 !!

Here's how bad it is:

Last night I'm looking through one of my daughter's magazines ( US, I think), and there a photo of FBI agents tackling Leonardo Decaprio. There a caption that says " The New York Jets should take lessons from the FBI on how to tackle".

You can find so many examples of us just getting killed. It wasn't even this bad under Kotite! I understand that REX brings a lot of it on by running his mouth, but this is unbelievable!

Cuz they know what we know. ( or should know) THE JETS SUCK! Yeah so they can beat a few horrible teams here and there. BFD.

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    Here's how bad it is:

I understand that REX brings a lot of it on by running his mouth,
    THIS!!!!!

Its not just rex, they act like clowns deliberately. Talking trash, making bold predictions, but most importantly, they lie so blatantly to their customers. Its why the media loves to expose these guys.

Kotite was bad, but you almost felt bad for him because he was just in too far over his head.

Rex and Woody are used car salesmen looking to blatantly lie to the fanbase to get ahead.

Our owner sucks........PERIOD! This is his creation, an ugly corporate shill of a team where there is much more that meets the eye than just "the best players play.".............

Hey!!!! Heres an idea!! Maybethe NFL should impliment a secondary round of playoffs, ( for all the teams that don't make the real ones) . They could call the final game the toliet bowl. The winner gets the Rex Ryan trophy

All Pro
    +Last year the Giants won only one game more than the Jets in regular season. You would have thought the Jets didn't win a single game all year. The media is what it is.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 12-11-2012 at 10:41 AM.

Here's another example of how bad the perception of this team is:

My 21 year old niece who doesn't really watch or follow football asks me on Sunday morning "Why are you going to watch them? They're a joke. They never win".

Although she may of had a point, she couldn't believe that they haven't had a losing record in 5 years and probably won't this year either. She says she hears how bad they are from friends, on the radio, and on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    +Last year the Giants won only won game more than the Jets in regular season. You would have thought the Jets didn't win a single game all year. The media is what it is.
    No offence to you at all. I don't think its fair to compare the Jets to the Giants ( in any season) You could however compare them to a steaming pile of crap though. That would be fair. More accurate as well.

My 21 year old niece who doesn't really watch or follow football asks me on Sunday morning "Why are you going to watch them? They're a joke. They never win".

Although she may of had a point, she couldn't believe that they haven't had a losing record in 5 years and probably won't this year either. She says she hears how bad they are from friends, on the radio, and on the news.
    Stereotyping is a bad thing, ask any minority.

media sucks no ifs ands or buts.

this thread could also be titled--

This board: You'd think we were 1-12 !!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    media sucks no ifs ands or buts.

this thread could also be titled--

This board: You'd think we were 1-12 !!
    LOL..yeah, no doubt!

Getting Delusional Alert!

The Jets won a game so there is naturally an inclination to get our hopes up and sweep under the rug everything that has happened this season.

As a service to my fellow Jets fans, allow me to recap the many low points of the season:

- Sanchez or Tebow couldn't score a TD in the preseason
    - Buffalo implodes during the opener and whimsical dreams of a powerful Jets offense appear.
    - Jets lose by 17 to Pittsburgh and are brought back to earth. Sanchez's 11 incompletions to Holmes are blamed on replacement refs.
    - Jets eek out a win against the woeful Dolphins
    - Jets get blown out by 49ers 34-0. To add insult to injury, Jets can't execute the wildcat while the 49ers run over the Jets with it.
    - Houston win 23-17. Red zone INT by Sanchez. Special teams TD. Another INT on the final drive seals the loss.
    - Jets overpower the Colts 35-9
    - Jets get the moral victory of the year versus the Patriots. Unfortunately it's in a loss: 29-26
    - Dolphins blow out the Jets 30-9
    - Jets offense can't find the end zone again again the Seahawks. Thankfully the defense does to prevent another shut out. Seahawks win 28-7
    - Jets spoil Schotty's revenge with a win: 27-13
    - Butt fumble and it's over in the first half. Pats destroy Jets on Thanksgiving 49-19
    - Our starting QB couldn't get a TD against the Cardinals who were playing a rookie QB after losing 8 straight. McElroy saves the day: 7-6
    - Jets dominate the 2 win Jaguars 17-10

That's four blow out losses where a backup should have got some time. Embarrassing gaffes on national TV. Wildcat failing. Sanchez booed. Calls for either backup. Rex repeating the same song and dance at press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    The Jets won a game so there is naturally an inclination to get our hopes up and sweep under the rug everything that has happened this season.

As a service to my fellow Jets fans, allow me to recap the many low points of the season:

- Sanchez or Tebow couldn't score a TD in the preseason
    - Buffalo implodes during the opener and whimsical dreams of a powerful Jets offense appear.
    - Jets lose by 17 to Pittsburgh and are brought back to earth. Sanchez's 11 incompletions to Holmes are blamed on replacement refs.
    - Jets eek out a win against the woeful Dolphins
    - Jets get blown out by 49ers 34-0. To add insult to injury, Jets can't execute the wildcat while the 49ers run over the Jets with it.
    - Houston win 23-17. Red zone INT by Sanchez. Special teams TD. Another INT on the final drive seals the loss.
    - Jets overpower the Colts 35-9
    - Jets get the moral victory of the year versus the Patriots. Unfortunately it's in a loss: 29-26
    - Dolphins blow out the Jets 30-9
    - Jets offense can't find the end zone again again the Seahawks. Thankfully the defense does to prevent another shut out. Seahawks win 28-7
    - Jets spoil Schotty's revenge with a win: 27-13
    - Butt fumble and it's over in the first half. Pats destroy Jets on Thanksgiving 49-19
    - Our starting QB couldn't get a TD against the Cardinals who were playing a rookie QB after losing 8 straight. McElroy saves the day: 7-6
    - Jets dominate the 2 win Jaguars 17-10

That's four blow out losses where a backup should have got some time. Embarrassing gaffes on national TV. Wildcat failing. Sanchez booed. Calls for either backup. Rex repeating the same song and dance at press conference.
    A team with this many gaffes in one season would surely be sunk by now and/or mailing it in. And I do not believe that has happened yet.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    THIS!!!!!

Its not just rex, they act like clowns deliberately. Talking trash, making bold predictions, but most importantly, they lie so blatantly to their customers. Its why the media loves to expose these guys.

Kotite was bad, but you almost felt bad for him because he was just in too far over his head.

Rex and Woody are used car salesmen looking to blatantly lie to the fanbase to get ahead.

Our owner sucks........PERIOD! This is his creation, an ugly corporate shill of a team where there is much more that meets the eye than just "the best players play.".............
    LOL did you even read the post which you quoted and then proceeded to "THIS!!!!!"?

Your agenda is well-known, but it's sad that you're so eager to voice it that you can't understand when to.

Hall Of Fame
    If it weren't for the HC and the fact that we are a NY team we would be the "lovable losers". Everyone would be rooting for the Jets to win a SB b.c it would be a great story after 40+ years of heartbreak.

Exactly my point all along in blaming the media

The "circus" is pure media driven

The Tebow nonsense, all media driven, this is proved further with today's news that ESPN has admitted they overdid the Tebow coverage.

What has been a joke has been the media coverage all along.

But fans eat it up.

All League
    We are.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

....because we are 2-11.

SAR I

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The circus is driven by your clown of a HC.

All the media does is report the news.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You may as well find another team at this point Copernicus, since you'll never be able to seperate your polticial-based loathing of Woody Johnson from the New York Jets team.

He's not selling, and nothing he can or will do or say will ever be ok by you going forward.

So why stay a fan of the Jets in your position? Clearly politics > football to you. Why not find a team with a politically acceptable owner you can feel good about rooting for?

Exactly my point all along in blaming the media

The Tebow nonsense, all media driven, this is proved further with today's news that ESPN has admitted they overdid the Tebow coverage.

What has been a joke has been the media coverage all along.

But fans eat it up.
    +1

We're not half as bad, or in as bad a spot as a franchise, as the media and those who swallow thier load, would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    A team with this many gaffes in one season would surely be sunk by now and/or mailing it in. And I do not believe that has happened yet.
    True. The players are scrappy.

It's just a shame that the front office seems more concerned about protecting Mark Sanchez than winning.