Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tebow still #2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I had my doubts as to the "Woody asked for it" claims at the time, but the evidence does appear to be rather clear.

With that said, I maintain that Tebow is 99% media hype, and 1% problem for the 2012 Jets. We are not 6-7 because of Tim Tebow in any meaningful way IMO. We would have been better (given Sanchez) if we'd used him more, not less.

Drew Stanton #2 instead of Tim Tebow #2 does not change where we are today.
    Of course not. Like I said earlier Tebow is not to blame, nor is the supposed "distraction" either.

I do think the Jets failed by not drafting a guy that could be considered a future starter though. This was a decent year for QBs, and as I pointed out in my previous post, other teams with much better starting QBs than Sanchez, drafted a QB with in the first 4 rounds of the draft this year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had my doubts as to the "Woody asked for it" claims at the time, but the evidence does appear to be rather clear.

With that said, I maintain that Tebow is 99% media hype, and 1% problem for the 2012 Jets. We are not 6-7 because of Tim Tebow in any meaningful way IMO. We would have been better (given Sanchez) if we'd used him more, not less.

Drew Stanton #2 instead of Tim Tebow #2 does not change where we are today.
    Don't know much about Stanton, but to say we'd be no better with a different backup, I disagree. With a competent backup I think Rex would have pulled Sanchez a long time ago. A game manager who could move the chains and protect the football would likely have garnered some more wins.

Sanchez's turnovers (picks and fumbles) have absolutely killed us this year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs What exactly are Tebow's obvious talents to play QB in the NFL?

Well, he does have many believe it or not but I will mention one; He knows how to win football games.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Well, he does have many believe it or not but I will mention one; He knows how to win football games.
    With a D giving up very few points and a clutch kicker making 50+ yard FGs. We've known this forever.

A REAL thing Tebow has is the ability to lead guys and get them to stand behind him. I will say that for sure. He has a "never give up" mentality and fights hard every single down. He definitely has those abilities.

All those things, however, mean very little when you're throwing dead ducks everywhere. Guy just needs to learn to throw a football.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously?

Tebow, failure though hsi aquisition clearly is, is literally the LEAST meaningful factor in this seasons downfall.

Want to lay blame, start with the utterly failure that is Mark Sanchez. if all it took was having Tebow on the roster to make him continue to fail, he never belonged int he #1 spot in the first place.
    Confidence that your team and coach have faith in you goes a long way. Its safe to say that trading for Tebow was nothing but a negative for Sanchezand his cnfidence. It showed on his face the entire year.

We are the only team that would take a QB at #5 and move up to get him, then jerk him around like they did this year. Bad year in 2011 with Hunter and Shtty? Lets give Sanchez a clean slate and really support him to see if he is "the guy." Instead, trade for Tebow, replace Hunter with a jag at the last possible moment, and any momentum Sanchez had on a drive when the season still meant something was awkwardly pulled from the field to run Tebow into the line.

I know, Sanchez is brutal right now, but watch him succeed once he gets away from this mess. You know its in the cards

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    Don't know much about Stanton, but to say we'd be no better with a different backup, I disagree. With a competent backup I think Rex would have pulled Sanchez a long time ago.
    Based on what? Rex's love (and commitment via picking him and extending him) is pretty obvious. There is no evidence that Stanton would have engendered a Sanchez benching sooner.

A game manager who could move the chains and protect the football would likely have garnered some more wins.
    Clearly you think more of Stanton that the NFL at large does.

Sanchez's turnovers (picks and fumbles) have absolutely killed us this year.
    Absolutely.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    With a D giving up very few points and a clutch kicker making 50+ yard FGs. We've known this forever.

A REAL thing Tebow has is the ability to lead guys and get them to stand behind him. I will say that for sure. He has a "never give up" mentality and fights hard every single down. He definitely has those abilities.

All those things, however, mean very little when you're throwing dead ducks everywhere. Guy just needs to learn to throw a football.
    What the kid also has, contrary to the belief of many here, is the ability to air the damned ball out.

It's a simple equation. Put him in the shotgun with a Spread Offense. This is what Denver did in the 4th quarters of games when they found themselves trailing on the scoreboard.

Over 43% of his passes came in the 4th Q of games. In the 4th, he had a comp % of 53.8% and a QB rating of 84.0.

The guy knows how to throw the football. What he needs to do is become more consistent with his changed mechanics.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    What the kid also has, contrary to the belief of many here, is the ability to air the damned ball out.

It's a simple equation. Put him in the shotgun with a Spread Offense. This is what Denver did in the 4th quarters of games when they found themselves trailing on the scoreboard.

Over 43% of his passes came in the 4th Q of games. In the 4th, he had a comp % of 53.8% and a QB rating of 84.0.

The guy knows how to throw the football. What he needs to do is become more consistent with his changed mechanics.
    The kid SUCKS

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Confidence that your team and coach have faith in you goes a long way. Its safe to say that trading for Tebow was nothing but a negative for Sanchezand his cnfidence. It showed on his face the entire year.

We are the only team that would take a QB at #5 and move up to get him, then jerk him around like they did this year. Bad year in 2011 with Hunter and Shtty? Lets give Sanchez a clean slate and really support him to see if he is "the guy." Instead, trade for Tebow, replace Hunter with a jag at the last possible moment, and any momentum Sanchez had on a drive when the season still meant something was awkwardly pulled from the field to run Tebow into the line.

I know, Sanchez is brutal right now, but watch him succeed once he gets away from this mess. You know its in the cards
    That is pure bullsh!t. If he was mentally tough, the Tebow trade would have motivated him to be get better. Instead he let it all get to him, and allowed himself to regress to the point where his long term NFL career is in jeopardy.

Drew Brees did it in San Diego. They drafted Philip Rivers, and Brees proceeded to tear it up. If he didn't injure his shoulder, he'd still be the QB there.

THAT is what a guy with intestinal fortitude does in the face of adversity. They don't feel bad for themselves and lay down.

The Tebow trade was a bad move, but that isn't why Sanchez sucks. Sanchez's ineffectiveness is 100% his own fault.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 12-11-2012 at 12:43 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Confidence that your team and coach have faith in you goes a long way.
    Awwww, poor widdle Mawk Sanchezy-wezy needs his mommy and a hug and a sippy-cup full of warm milk to pway his best.

Give me a ****ing break.

Its safe to say that trading for Tebow was nothing but a negative for Sanchezand his cnfidence. It showed on his face the entire year.
    What the same "****, I suck, thrw another damned INT, and right after I fumbles again, dammit!" look he's been giving us every year since he got here?

I know no such thing. If he fails here, given how badly he's played here despite vbeing given 4 full years (a 5th incomming in 2013) and no real competition against him.....he'll never get aother starting job. Best he'll be able to hope for is a cushy backup QB gig.

I know SOJF's biggest fear is any Jets, no matter how ****ty, who leaves.....but we've seen nothing, no improvement, from Sanchez in 4 years of full confidence and unquestionaed #1 status. That does not bode well for his future unless he pulls a Rich Gannon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Airing it out != Throwing accurately. Everyone knows Tim can launch a god damn football. Issue is he's not accurate with his throws.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEVER, is Sanchez? NOOOOOOOOOPE. There are 2 QBs on our roster who deserve a chance and neither of their names are Mark Sanchez.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on what? Rex's love (and commitment via picking him and extending him) is pretty obvious. There is no evidence that Stanton would have engendered a Sanchez benching sooner.
    You think Rex doesn't see that Sanchez is hurting this team? He's not as clueless as people think. He can't pull him. If he does, he has to go with Tebow, who he believes to be an even worse option.

Clearly you think more of Stanton that the NFL at large does.
    Like I said earlier, I don't know much about him. He may very well be worse than Sanchez.

But if Rex wants a conservative ball control offense, Sanchez is not the right QB. He's careless with the football. A competent backup who could complete some passes and minimize mistakes would have taken Sanchez's job a while ago.
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 12-11-2012 at 12:44 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    After all this, and Sanchez is still the starter. Maybe now all the ones calling for someone else to start can wake up and smell the dog ****. If there was a more capable QB, that person would be starting. Period.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Airing it out != Throwing accurately. Everyone knows Tim can launch a god damn football. Issue is he's not accurate with his throws.

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEVER, is Sanchez? NOOOOOOOOOPE. There are 2 QBs on our roster who deserve a chance and neither of their names are Mark Sanchez.
    Another misunderstanding. Tebow can throw the ball accurately. It's a consistency problem.

Say that you go to the shooting range and start plinking targets. You hit the target 4 times out of 12, but your other 8 shots are all over the place. That's a consistency issue with your mechanics. You can shoot accurately, it's just difficult for you to repeat it.

Or, take a game of pool. You can view the shot and make some nice cuts but you can't do it consistently. Again, you aren't consistent with your mechanics. In this case, your probably aren't locking your upper arm, rather, your elbow is swinging out which throws off your stroke.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs What exactly are Tebow's obvious talents to play QB in the NFL?

Apparently Elway and Fox don't agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another misunderstanding. Tebow can throw the ball accurately. It's a consistency problem.

Say that you go to the shooting range and start plinking targets. You hit the target 4 times out of 12, but your other 8 shots are all over the place. That's a consistency issue with your mechanics. You can shoot accurately, it's just difficult for you to repeat it.

Or, take a game of pool. You can view the shot and make some nice cuts but you can't do it consistently. Again, you aren't consistent with your mechanics. In this case, your probably aren't locking your upper arm, rather, your elbow is swinging out which throws off your stroke.
    Playing a solo in a band, I'll occasionally nail it perfectly. Doesn't mean I can really do that often. If you can't do it consistently, you can't do it. Tim can't throw the ball accurately. Get off it, Demos.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    That is pure bullsh!t. If he was mentally tough, the Tebow trade would have motivated him to be get better. Instead he let it all get to him, and allowed himself to regress to the point where his long term NFL career is in jeopardy.

Drew Brees did it in San Diego. They drafted Philip Rivers, and Brees proceeded to tear it up. If he didn't injure his shoulder, he'd still be the QB there.

THAT is what a guy with intestinal fortitude does in the face of adversity. They don't feel bad for themselves and lay down.

The Tebow trade was a bad move, but that isn't why Sanchez sucks. Sanchez's ineffectiveness is 100% his own fault.
    I agree with much of your post but not this line. The Jets had no plan on how to develope a QB when they drafted Sanchez and I believe have not only hurt his development but have set him back. Sanchez may well suck but the Jets have been trying to address the QB situation since before the 06 season and it's not completely on Sanchez that Jets management under Tanny has failed with 2 drafted QB's and a circus around both Favre and Tebow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I agree with much of your post but not this line. The Jets had no plan on how to develope a QB when they drafted Sanchez and I believe have not only hurt his development but have set him back. Sanchez may well suck but the Jets have been trying to address the QB situation since before the 06 season and it's not completely on Sanchez that Jets management under Tanny has failed with 2 drafted QB's and a circus around both Favre and Tebow.
    I don't disagree that the Jets have done a poor job at developing him. But Sanchez wasn't THIS bad in the past. He has regressed big time, and that is his own fault. He let all the B.S. with Tebow get in his head. He is mentally weak.

And the Favre trade was the right move at the right time. Before he injured himself, we were the hottest team in the league. If he stayed healthy that year, we would have made a deep playoff run.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Playing a solo in a band, I'll occasionally nail it perfectly. Doesn't mean I can really do that often. If you can't do it consistently, you can't do it. Tim can't throw the ball accurately. Get off it, Demos.
    Actually McG, if you can nail it perfectly now and then, it proves that you CAN do it. It's a question of doing it consistently. Thanks for helping make my point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually McG, if you can nail it perfectly now and then, it proves that you CAN do it. It's a question of doing it consistently. Thanks for helping make my point.
    No, it shows you can pull a fluke out once in awhile, derp. If you can't do it consistently (and in Tim's case, not even half the time...), you can't do it. Cry more because your guy sucks and make more excuses for him, but he simple can't throw.

In any event, it's a moot point because Rex isn't gonna let anyone but Cantchez start.
    Last edited by McGinley; 12-11-2012 at 03:19 PM.