Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Obama Jobs Tsar: "Communism Works"

  1. #1
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like

    Obama Jobs Tsar: "Communism Works"

    Jeffery Immelt, CEO of GE, Job Exporter to China, Recipient of 1.2 billion in taxpayer stimulus, billions in tax breaks and subsidies and current Jobs Tsar (i.e. chairman of the President Barack Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness):

    "China is changing," said CBS host Charlie Rose. "It may be being stabilized as we speak. What does that mean for China and what does it mean for the United States? Should it change expectations?"

    "It is good for China," said Immelt. "To a certain extent, Charlie, 11 percent is unsustainable. You end up getting too much stimulus or a misallocation of resources. They are much better off working on a more consumer-based economy, less dependent on exports. The one thing that actually works, state run communism a bit– may not be your cup of tea, but their government works."

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bonehead! To late for abortion!

  3. #3
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Jeffery Immelt, CEO of GE, Job Exporter to China, Recipient of 1.2 billion in taxpayer stimulus, billions in tax breaks and subsidies and current Jobs Tsar (i.e. chairman of the President Barack Obama's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness):
    Is he wrong?

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Is he wrong?
    Dead wrong. China was going down the tube until they opened up the country to capitalism. The State run communism is nothing more then a 50's style NJ mafia that takes their cut.

  5. #5
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you really surprised that the CEO of General Electric believes that "communism works" in China?

    He's making billions in profits every year, and a significant portion of these profits stem from China's system of government which provides a framework for cheap labor costs.

    And besides, China is not really Communist, they are a communist/capitalist hybrid.

  6. #6
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Are you really surprised that the CEO of General Electric believes that "communism works" in China?
    Not in the least.

    He's making billions in profits every year, and a significant portion of these profits stem from China's system of government which provides a framework for cheap labor costs.
    Interesting how the plight of the Chineese worker, and their basic human rights, engenders silent in the U.S.

    And besides, China is not really Communist, they are a communist/capitalist hybrid.
    Another word for "Crony Capitalism for the Elite/Corporations, Abject Communist Destitution for the 99%".

    Indeed, very entertaining that a Democrat and Obama supporter would offer such a ringing endorcement of such a system.

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Indeed, very entertaining that a Democrat and Obama supporter would offer such a ringing endorcement of such a system.
    I wouldn't consider "works" to be a ringing endorsement. It is in fact fully functional and has not collapsed or broken down as of yet. Our system "works" too, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its flaws and weaknesses.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I wouldn't consider "works" to be a ringing endorsement. It is in fact fully functional and has not collapsed or broken down as of yet.
    Seriously?




  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Van down by the river
    Posts
    22,376
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    And besides, China is not really Communist, they are a communist/capitalist hybrid.
    Bingo.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess thats why thousands of GE jobs were given to the Chinese. Typical Rich a--wipe.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    I wouldn't consider "works" to be a ringing endorsement. It is in fact fully functional and has not collapsed or broken down as of yet. Our system "works" too, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have its flaws and weaknesses.
    It's great if you don't mind traffic cops dying of emphazema at the ripe old age of 42.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    The word was "works" coming from the CEO of a multi billion dollar corporation heavily invested in the area being discussed.

    What do people not get?

    Nothing outlandish about it, but let the manufactured outrage continue.

  13. #13
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    What do people not get?

    Nothing outlandish about it.
    What I don't get is why so many find it to be "not outlandish" or criticism against it being "manufactured" and not genuine offense/opposition.

    Communism was and is the greatest evil in human history, the single greatest mass murderer of human lives ever, and the single greatest theif of human rights, in our entire human history. It is a loathsome and offensive system and ideaology responsible for more destruction and death than any other, ever.

    So when I hear a corporate CEO and Govt. Job Tsar express his appreciation for it, I find that concerning.

    You don't. Ok.

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    What I don't get is why so many find it to be "not outlandish" or criticism against it being "manufactured" and not genuine offense/opposition.

    Communism was and is the greatest evil in human history, the single greatest mass murderer of human lives ever, and the single greatest theif of human rights, in our entire human history. It is a loathsome and offensive system and ideaology responsible for more destruction and death than any other, ever.

    So when I hear a corporate CEO and Govt. Job Tsar express his appreciation for it, I find that concerning.

    You don't. Ok.
    Fair enough, but I think you are extrapolating the comments into more of an absolute than was intended.

    I think the context of the comment was based on economics, and China's growth in this department over the past few decades. It had nothing to do with socialism, mass murder, or human rights suppression.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Fair enough, but I think you are extrapolating the comments into more of an absolute than was intended.

    I think the context of the comment was based on economics, and China's growth in this department over the past few decades. It had nothing to do with socialism, mass murder, or human rights suppression.
    You cannot discuss Communism without including "socialism, mass murder and human rights supression".

    The same way you cannot discuss the economics of China's Communism without mention of how that Communism is applied to the people. We bemoan inequallity (economic) here, try China and Communism and see if it's better. Hint, it's not. At all.

    /shrug, IMO discussing how the economics of Centrally Planned Communism "works" is akin to discussing how the Fuhrer-led Economics of Nazi'ism "works". It may be true in an extremely thin way, but missed the far bigger picture.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,848
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the New America.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    IMO discussing how the economics of Centrally Planned Communism "works" is akin to discussing how the Fuhrer-led Economics of Nazi'ism "works". It may be true in an extremely thin way, but missed the far bigger picture.
    Completely agreed on this point.

    I'm not expecting a bigger picture comment from the individual who made it. From his perspective (and the perspectives of many American consumers purchasing cheap Chinese products), it "works" just fine.

  18. #18
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Are you really surprised that the CEO of General Electric believes that "communism works" in China?

    He's making billions in profits every year, and a significant portion of these profits stem from China's system of government which provides a framework for cheap labor costs.

    And besides, China is not really Communist, they are a communist/capitalist hybrid.
    GE is making a fortune in China selling goods that is a result of Chinese Consumer demand not because of cheap labor. No different then Boeing, Catapilliar and dozens of other US companies.

    There is a big difference between companies making money in the US because of Cheap Chinese labor and US multi-nationals making money selling product in China. Before China opened it's economy to Capitalism GE and most US multinationals couldn't make money in China because there was no consumer demand for their products.
    Last edited by Winstonbiggs; 12-13-2012 at 02:55 PM.

  19. #19
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    49,999
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    The word was "works" coming from the CEO of a multi billion dollar corporation heavily invested in the area being discussed.

    What do people not get?

    Nothing outlandish about it, but let the manufactured outrage continue.
    yeah but he used the word communism so the warblegarble MUST commence.

    Its a JI politiks rule.

  20. #20
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Before China opened it's economy to Capitalism GE and most US multinationals couldn't make money in China because there was no consumer demand for their products.
    So Communism has not, in fact, worked. It was the opening of the market to limited Capitalism that GE itself partook of, that worked?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us