Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 168

Thread: Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

  1. #61
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    4,487
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Don't forget the Seahawks, they can absolutely beat the Pats, and already did. I actually think if the Seahawks get the 5 seed (2 seed is still in play for them also), they will go into MetLife in the wildcard round and handle the Giants. They have the perfect formula to beat the g-men....
    I thought about them (Seattle) actually…
    But go take a look at their record away from home (2-5)...

  2. #62
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I thought about them (Seattle) actually…
    But go take a look at their record away from home (2-5)...
    Last game on the road was in Chicago and they won. Clearly, being at home gives them an edge, but they are capable of springing a road upset. Not sure about them having to win 3 straight on the road, but an upset is doable.

    Hey, we can all threaten Pats fans with "wait until you see the Giants down the road, then you'll see" talk, but wouldn't we prefer the Giants to get upset early, or better yet, miss the playoffs altogether? I know I do. I like how Seattle matches up with them and in the 5 seed, they would play the Giants if they win the NFC East.

  3. #63
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Can't argue with that list although Houston would have to get their sh!t together fast...
    I don't want to take anything away from NE because that was a straight up beatdown last night, but Houston just kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over and over again. How many penalties on 3rd down led to points later in the drive?

    Every single break went the pats way as well. The fumble houston couldnt land on, the fumble for a td? Come on, that's blind luck.

    New England was the better team but let's not act like Houston couldn't beat them next time, especially if they play at home.

  4. #64
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    The experts are called "experts" for a reason. They are complete idiots.

    Other than 2007, this is the best Patriots team in that 8-year period. Maybe they get knocked out. Maybe they win it all. But one thing I can guarantee is that their playoff performances in the last 8 years or Peter King's latest view of them will have no bearing on whether they win or lose this year.
    I agree with you, except for this team being the best team since 07, I think their strength is always great coaching and this year is no different than any other year since the 07 team

  5. #65
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Do not buy.

    Flash in the pan. Pete Carroll's act gets old, Wilson will regress, Lynch is overrated, blah blah blah. Not buying. Wilson was a 3rd rounder for a reason.


    That's just dumb. Brady was a late 6 for a reason. Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were undrafted for a reason. Drew Brees wasn't worth a first round pick for a reason. Vince Young was #3 overall for a reason. Ryan Leaf was #2 overall for a reason. Aaron Rogers was a mid to late first for a reason, not a top 10 talent.

    Watch Wilson play. Can teams catch up to what he is doing, sure. But teams always get more tape, you always have to adapt. But he is a talent, and it is foolish to discount it.

  6. #66
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Boston area
    Posts
    4,471
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    I don't want to take anything away from NE because that was a straight up beatdown last night, but Houston just kept shooting themselves in the foot over and over and over again. How many penalties on 3rd down led to points later in the drive?

    Every single break went the pats way as well. The fumble houston couldnt land on, the fumble for a td? Come on, that's blind luck.

    New England was the better team but let's not act like Houston couldn't beat them next time, especially if they play at home.
    Yes but good teams don't shoot themselves in the foot with the dumb penalities in big games. Houston's main problem was the inability to out scheme/out play the Pats.

  7. #67
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Yes but good teams don't shoot themselves in the foot with the dumb penalities in big games. Houston's main problem was the inability to out scheme/out play the Pats.
    They played a bad game.

    Good teams don't lose to the cardinals at home. See how that works. Teams can have an off day.

    Schaub was missing open WRs and the receivers were dropping passes. And that fumble at the goal line was potentially a 14 point swing.

    Again though, NE was better last night. I'm just saying that on another night it might work out differently because Houston played out of character

  8. #68
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    [/B]

    That's just dumb. Brady was a late 6 for a reason. Kurt Warner and Tony Romo were undrafted for a reason. Drew Brees wasn't worth a first round pick for a reason. Vince Young was #3 overall for a reason. Ryan Leaf was #2 overall for a reason. Aaron Rogers was a mid to late first for a reason, not a top 10 talent.

    Watch Wilson play. Can teams catch up to what he is doing, sure. But teams always get more tape, you always have to adapt. But he is a talent, and it is foolish to discount it.
    Derek Anderson and Kyle Orton have had fantastic years, too. Not buying.

  9. #69
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,194
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So I shouldn't have 51,000+ posts on a Jets board?
    Fixed

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotReign View Post
    Yes but good teams don't shoot themselves in the foot with the dumb penalities in big games. Houston's main problem was the inability to out scheme/out play the Pats.
    Kubiak's comment during the presser said it all.

    They practiced the first play of the game for 3 straight days.

    Then they come out and get flagged for an illegal formation.

  11. #71
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,244
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    That team is as dangerous as any in the NFC at home

    And therein lies the problem. They won't be at home.

  12. #72
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Kubiak's comment during the presser said it all.

    They practiced the first play of the game for 3 straight days.

    Then they come out and get flagged for an illegal formation.
    It was the Texan's Super Bowl.

    It was one of the Pats 16 regular season games.

    And that's the difference.

  13. #73
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Kubiak's comment during the presser said it all.

    They practiced the first play of the game for 3 straight days.

    Then they come out and get flagged for an illegal formation.
    Priceless!

    I tuned in late, checked on it, NE was already up 7-0, then Schaub throws a pick. Next time I checked on it, 21-0 Pats* and I thought, geez, this isn't even a game, no sense watching. Sounds like Pats* were hitting on all cylinders AND even had lady luck on their side getting the right bounce!

  14. #74
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    The acquisition of Talib has tightened up the whole Patriot secondary. Not the same pourous D as the beginning of the season. Rookies have settled in and gained experience and confidence. Pats run D shut down Foster for 42 yds after making a quick adjustment early on.

    Pats offense is second to none at this time. When Gronk returns Brady will have another weapon in his arsenal. The Pats running game is something that has to be accounted for now. It's not all Brady's arm.

    Being the homer that I am, I like the Pat's chances at being in another Super Bowl, but like has been said many times, Any Given Day.

  15. #75
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    brady mastered gm of football & NFL QB... MASTERED IT!!! Ill say it again BRADY has MASTERED the NFL QB POSITION.. (fill n blank)C-E-P-H-T him & u should win...

  16. #76
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    7,078
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre View Post
    The acquisition of Talib has tightened up the whole Patriot secondary. Not the same pourous D as the beginning of the season. Rookies have settled in and gained experience and confidence. Pats run D shut down Foster for 42 yds after making a quick adjustment early on.

    Pats offense is second to none at this time. When Gronk returns Brady will have another weapon in his arsenal. The Pats running game is something that has to be accounted for now. It's not all Brady's arm.

    Being the homer that I am, I like the Pat's chances at being in another Super Bowl, but like has been said many times, Any Given Day.
    Houston had to throw it too much after falling behind early. They couldn't commit to the run like they usually do.

  17. #77
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMikeIsHot View Post
    Houston had to throw it too much after falling behind early. They couldn't commit to the run like they usually do.
    Schaub seemed to struggle all night. I think it's fair to question whether he can win a big game over an elite opponent in the playoffs. Texans got blitzed by Rodgers and Brady, Peyton put a scare into them late too. If their path to the SB is having to beat both Peyton and Brady, they won't get there. They need someone else to pull an upset in my opinion

  18. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Priceless!

    I tuned in late, checked on it, NE was already up 7-0, then Schaub throws a pick. Next time I checked on it, 21-0 Pats* and I thought, geez, this isn't even a game, no sense watching. Sounds like Pats* were hitting on all cylinders AND even had lady luck on their side getting the right bounce!
    2 plays changed the game.

    1) Ridley's fumble the Texans could not recover (Kubiak in the presser: We just need to fall on the ball and not try to get cute).

    2) Schaub's pick in the end zone. He stared down Daniels the entire route, McCourty read his eyes and made a great break on the throw for the pick. Not to mention, Foster was uncovered in the middle of the field and could have walked in the the TD.

    That's a 14 point swing early in the game.

  19. #79
    Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,089
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    2 plays changed the game.

    1) Ridley's fumble the Texans could not recover (Kubiak in the presser: We just need to fall on the ball and not try to get cute).

    2) Schaub's pick in the end zone. He stared down Daniels the entire route, McCourty read his eyes and made a great break on the throw for the pick. Not to mention, Foster was uncovered in the middle of the field and could have walked in the the TD.

    That's a 14 point swing early in the game.
    Yep, McCourty was slick on that one. Perfect timing.

  20. #80
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like
    When they did run, they got nowhere.

    Pats run D adjusted to what Houston was doing on the run. Foster was stifled.

    He ran 15 times for 46 yds. First 2 runs he got 10 and 15 yds. Rest of his carries were 13 for 21yds. That's 1.6 ypc. He was Shut Down !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us