Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

I know Tom Brady is the QB of a lifetime but please tell me that somewhere in the NFL there is a team that can knock off the Pats and eliminate them in the playoffs

All Pro
    Giants can

There is a team, we just happen to dislike them as well.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I know Tom Brady is the QB of a lifetime but please tell me that somewhere in the NFL there is a team that can knock off the Pats and eliminate them in the playoffs

Start rooting for the only team who can.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    They can lose. We have seen better Pats teams than this lose before. We all know how to beat Brady and that is with a relentless pass rush.

The bigger problem is I do not see Brady declining anytime soon. I know some people hear think that Brady is going to inevitably decline and we are going to be able to contend with them. I just don't see that happening any time soon. IMO, barring injury, he has at least 5 top years left. Anybody watching last night saw that Brady still has his fastball. He never relied on his legs so that doesn't matter. And he is as competitive as ever. They showed one closeup of him last night and I have never seen a look on a QB's face like that before. The guy has it all, has every reason to let up and yet he is as intense and motivated as ever.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-11-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    Please stop creating one-liner threads....

Broncos and Steelers definitely could, both good Ds and great QBs that can take advantage of the Pats secondary. Texans despite last night could maybe catch them on an off day in a game played in Houston. Ravens did beat them earlier this year even though it feels as if a lot has changed since.

The Pats are very good. But they've also looked very good in the past late in the season only to fall on their faces in the playoffs, best example being beating us 45-3 late in the season, cruising to the 1 seed, then getting handled by us in Foxboro in the divisional round.

Giants, 9ers, Broncos, Texans, Packers, etc.

ANYBODY CAN BE BEAT

Pats are unstoppable in December.

But the games don't matter much until January at this point. Relax, guy.

I have no doubt an AFC Wildcard team or the last team you would think will take them out.

If they make the Super Bowl again, they'll lose again. Because they don't have the edge to win them without some "rule misinterpretations."

As has been proven by their lack of titles since Mangini blew the whistle on them.

Basically, they are the Bills of the 1990's. And the play of the AFC overall is junk. I still think the Texans grind the piss out of them in the playoffs.

Oh yeah and even if they do make the Super Bowl, see the picture of Eli Manning above.

there's definitely a team can knock off the Pats. though I don't know if that team resides in the AFC. I think Denver gives them the best matchup. Texans are slumping on D. Colts, nope. Steelers, Bengals, Ravens? not in Foxboro.

Yeah, I can see the pats in the SB again, but there a few NFC teams I can see taking it to them, especially at a neutral site.

oh, and the Jets can beat them if a third chance is given

Veteran
    Well, the Arizona Cardinals... but they won't meet in the playoffs again.

All Pro
    Denver will end their season

Denver, GB, and NYG can beat the pats. With that said I'd have them as favorites on neutral field against anyone.

All League
    we'll knock them out in the divisional round

The Pats might be worse than past years, but so is everyone else and by a larger margin imo.

AFC
    Ravens, Steelers are looking pretty bad right now.

Houston is soft. Colts are too young… Denver would have a chance in Denver I think.

Overall, I see the Pats having an easy route to get to another Super Bowl.
    It will take some luck/bounces for an AFC team to beat them… things that don’t seem to happen all that much against the Pats…

NFC
    SF doesn’t have enough offense, GB is erratic, Atlanta not as good as their record imo. Everyone else stinks, except of course…

The Giants!! Their A game would beat the Pats A game (again), problem is they don’t always come to play week to week, so I don’t see them making it deep in the playoffs this year.

Green Bay, Giants, and Denver.

Outside shot at us if we make it in. Rex can definitely pull things together for a game and rattle Brady. Has done it a few times before.

Jets Insider VIP
    I think the Broncos and Gi-aints can beat the Patriots.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Giants, 9ers, Broncos, Texans, Packers, etc.
    The Pats have already destroyed the Broncos and Texans.

They will easily handle the 49ers Sunday night.

Giants won't be able to stop Pats running game.

Packers defense can't stop a nose bleed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats have already destroyed the Broncos and Texans.

They will easily handle the 49ers Sunday night.

Giants won't be able to stop Pats running game.

Packers defense can't stop a nose bleed.
    E
    G
    D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2