Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Someone please tell me there is a team that can knock off the Pats !

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    I know Tom Brady is the QB of a lifetime but please tell me that somewhere in the NFL there is a team that can knock off the Pats and eliminate them in the playoffs
    Could it happen? Yes. Is it likely? No. They are a well oiled machine.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Could it happen? Yes. Is it likely? No. They are a well oiled machine.
    All the so called experts fall for them every year and they always end up getting knocked off...I guarantee the Pats will not win the Super Bowl again for the eighth year in a row

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    So what.
    The Pats destroyed the Jets 45-3 on a late November MNF game only to have the Jets go up to Foxboro and mop the floor with Brady's head in the divisional playoff.

Anybody can beat anybody
    Wins like last night always send PatsFanTX into super-homer "we will dominate everybody" mode, which is why it is priceless how stunned he is when the Pats get knocked off in the postseason. Broncos are more than capable of beating the Pats. Steelers, despite the 7-6 record, have a top 3 D and a QB that has won 2 SBs. If they get in, they're dangerous to the Pats.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    All the so called experts fall for them every year and they always end up getting knocked off...I guarantee the Pats will not win the Super Bowl again
    I hope you are right.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    I hope you are right.
    Me too

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me too
    And as long as its not the steelers. If there is one team that I hate more its those ****tards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wins like last night always send PatsFanTX into super-homer "we will dominate everybody" mode, which is why it is priceless how stunned he is when the Pats get knocked off in the postseason. Broncos are more than capable of beating the Pats. Steelers, despite the 7-6 record, have a top 3 D and a QB that has won 2 SBs. If they get in, they're dangerous to the Pats.
    Good point about the Steelers, the one team I don't want the Pats to play.

Their defense is still good and Big Ben's ability to keep plays alive makes them a very dangerous team.

The Broncos would be a joke in Foxboro in January. Do you know what Peyton's record is in Foxboro in the playoffs?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the so called experts fall for them every year and they always end up getting knocked off...I guarantee the Pats will not win the Super Bowl again for the eighth year in a row
    The experts are called "experts" for a reason. They are complete idiots.

Other than 2007, this is the best Patriots team in that 8-year period. Maybe they get knocked out. Maybe they win it all. But one thing I can guarantee is that their playoff performances in the last 8 years or Peter King's latest view of them will have no bearing on whether they win or lose this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of you believe that Houston is good enough to beat New England?

As if they aren't and haven't been the best team in the AFC all year?

New England lost to freaking Arizona, TX is on here telling everybody their D is seriously good (lol).

They just gave up 53 to R&B superstar Russell Wilson, no?

Houston will not lose to them again if they meet again. Houston is arguably the most complete team in the NFL, still. Better running game than New England and superior D. If that game is at Reliant it would be a different story. And you'd have to be an idiot to think Indy will beat Houston. Houston will still be the #1 seed. Meaning New England will get Denver or a very pissed off Mike Tomlin.

But more importantly, I don't think they will. New England is in deep crap if Pittsburgh gets in as the Wild Card.

True story. Pittsburgh plays best when they struggle to get into the playoffs. Like the Giants.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Good point about the Steelers, the one team I don't want the Pats to play.

Their defense is still good and Big Ben's ability to keep plays alive makes them a very dangerous team.

The Broncos would be a joke in Foxboro in January. Do you know what Peyton's record is in Foxboro in the playoffs?
    It'll be in Denver. Here comes the 49ers. Here comes the best DE in the NFL.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget Baltimore who found a way to blow last years game which they clearly had won...and thats only the AFC, if they get out of the conference they will lose the SB AGAIN!!! 😜

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    None of you believe that Houston is good enough to beat New England?

As if they aren't and haven't been the best team in the AFC all year?

New England lost to freaking Arizona, TX is on here telling everybody their D is seriously good (lol).

They just gave up 53 to R&B superstar Russell Wilson, no?

Houston will not lose to them again if they meet again. Houston is arguably the most complete team in the NFL, still. Better running game than New England and superior D. If that game is at Reliant it would be a different story. And you'd have to be an idiot to think Indy will beat Houston. Houston will still be the #1 seed. Meaning New England will get Denver or a very pissed off Mike Tomlin.

But more importantly, I don't think they will. New England is in deep crap if Pittsburgh gets in as the Wild Card.

True story. Pittsburgh plays best when they struggle to get into the playoffs. Like the Giants.
    Pittsburgh could definitely give the Pats a good game, they have a good D and a proven QB. I think some of your statements though are a bit too definitive. The Texans are hardly invincible at Reliant, they were blown out by the Packers there and gave up 37 points to the lowly Jags. The Pats would be the rightful favorites in that game, although I'd expect it to be closer than last night. I don't get the bash on Wilson either, the Seahawks may very well end up winning the NFC this season and he has played like a top 10 QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im rooting for NE. It might be the only way to get through to woody to change the clowns he has running this team. Go Pats!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the bash on Wilson either, the Seahawks may very well end up winning the NFC this season and he has played like a top 10 QB.
    Do not buy.

Flash in the pan. Pete Carroll's act gets old, Wilson will regress, Lynch is overrated, blah blah blah. Not buying. Wilson was a 3rd rounder for a reason.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'll be in Denver. Here comes the 49ers. Here comes the best DE in the NFL.
    Here come the QB who has only thrown 1 TD in 3 games. Even Suckchez is better than that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    on a neutral field, The Falcons, saints, packers, 49ers, giants, seattle, Ravens, steelers, Houston Denver, I don't think Chicago or Indy could

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    Here come the QB who has only thrown 1 TD in 3 games. Even Suckchez is better than that.
    Oh yeah, does Buttchez have 5 Rushing TD's and average 7 yards a carry?

lol.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do not buy.

Flash in the pan. Pete Carroll's act gets old, Wilson will regress, Lynch is overrated, blah blah blah. Not buying. Wilson was a 3rd rounder for a reason.
    Wilson has been improving, not regressing. Lynch is overrated? Wow watch something other than a Jet game for once, the guy is a stud RB and gets chunks of yards by bowling people over even when there are no holes. You don't beat the Packers, Pats, and Bears all in the same season by being a fraud. That team is as dangerous as any in the NFC. You seem to be in love with the Niners, but watch what happens to them when they go up to Seattle in a couple weeks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Giants, 9ers, Broncos, Texans, Packers, etc.
    Can't argue with that list although Houston would have to get their sh!t together fast...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    So I shouldn't post in a Pats thread started by a Jets fan?
    You post in EVERY thread started by Jets fans.