Thread: New Story: BREAKING NEWS: Braylon Edwards Back in New York?

Post New Story: BREAKING NEWS: Braylon Edwards Back in New York?

FORMER FAN FAVORITE MAY BE CLEARED FOR LANDING IN NEW YORK

According to Seth Walder, of the New York Daily News, the Jets and free agent wide receiver Braylon Edwards have been in discussion to rejoin the team for the final stretch run of the season -- citing an anonymous team source.

Removed from the Seahawks' injury list Monday, Edwards will hit waivers at 4 p.m. Tuesday. Conor Orr of the Newark Star Ledger has reported that the Jets have waived running back Khalil Bell -- a move presumably done to make room for the original Flight Boy.

Edwards, who enjoyed a...

More...

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

We all know how this will end. But i'll say it anyways. Braylon has 4 Tds in the final 3 games. Jets sneak into the playoffs. Everyone stays, Rex, Tanny, etc... Jets then ink Braylon to a 3 year 35 million dollar extension with 10 million guaranteed. After the extension he only plays 7 games in 2 years and is cut going into the 3rd.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 12-11-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Jets stealing headlines again... attention wHOOOOOOOOOOre

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We all know how this will end. But i'll say it anyways. Braylon has 4 Tds in the final 3 games. Jets sneak into the playoffs. Everyone stays, Rex, Tanny, etc... Jets then ink Braylon to a 3 year 35 million dollar extension with 10 million guaranteed.
    YOU NAILED IT! OMG SO TRUE!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    We all know how this will end. But i'll say it anyways. Braylon has 4 Tds in the final 3 games. Jets sneak into the playoffs. Everyone stays, Rex, Tanny, etc... Jets then ink Braylon to a 3 year 35 million dollar extension with 10 million guaranteed. After the extention he only plays 7 games in 2 years and is cut going into the 3rd.
    Say it with me till you understand.

Everyone.

Is.

Staying.

Anyway.

The desperate hope amongst Jets Fans that we'll lose so bad in the last three that Woody "must" fire Rex and tanny is just so much Fantasy.

It's not happening.

(And yes, you likely attempt at jokey sarcasm flew so far over my head, I never even saw it....my bad if so).

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Say it with me till you understand.

Everyone.

Is.

Staying.

Anyway.

The desperate hope amongst Jets Fans that we'll lose so bad in the last three that Woody "must" fire Rex and tanny is just so much Fantasy.

It's not happening.

(And yes, you likely attempt at jokey sarcasm flew so far over my head, I never even saw it....my bad if so).

1. I'm not rooting for us to lose. As bad as we are I want to make the playoffs. Our draft pick is middle of the pack anyways so might as well win as much as we can and try and sneak in. Anything is possible with this team.

2. Tanny will be back but not as our GM. I'm ok with Rex staying. I just want Tanny back dealing with the cap and bring in a real GM with a real football mind. Even if it's a young guy, unknown type. I'm ok with that as long as he is coming from Balt, Pitt, NYG, NE, etc...

Veteran
    In a hard season to bear, I am all for a little look-see at restarting the old Bray-Sanchez magic. Why not . . .

I agree, Rex will stay - and frankly player development issues aside - it's quite easy to imagine this team doing much worse than it's done, some of that credit has to go to Rex and his staff.

The only thing I hope for and I really do expect is that Tanny will move out of sole responsibility for personnel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Bring Back Bray

VIN- dication

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

We all know how this will end. But i'll say it anyways. Braylon has 4 Tds in the final 3 games. Jets sneak into the playoffs. Everyone stays, Rex, Tanny, etc... Jets then ink Braylon to a 3 year 35 million dollar extension with 10 million guaranteed. After the extension he only plays 7 games in 2 years and is cut going into the 3rd.

Plus, I aint buying that his knee is fine.

That's been glossed over.

-

The New York Post confirms the Jets will indeed sign Braylon Edwards if he clears waivers on Tuesday.
    Credit the "idiots calling the shots" for an open mind just a week after Edwards slammed the Jets brass on Twitter. Edwards has never played in Tony Sparano's offense. We wouldn't expect much of a contribution in the final three games even if his bulky knee is back to full health.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Well it's after 4? Is he back?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Well it's after 4? Is he back?
    Relax, Wrecks is probably managing the waiver wire clock.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Could be worse, could be Dick Curl.

All League
    It's official heeeeeeesssss back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Cheapskate Woody and his puppet Tanny probably don't want to pay him...😡