Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trading Cromartie - Just hear me out!

All Pro
    It's tough to argue with a "sell high" strategy. It's what the great teams do to stay competitive in the long term.

The Jets have far too much money tied up in the cornerback position, and I would be on board with moving either Revis or Cromartie to alleviate the issue.

Championship teams are not built around cornerbacks. This year has proven that a Rex Ryan defense can perform quite well with a weaker set of cornerbacks and a stronger set of safeties.

Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Anyone should be on the trade block, but in the NFL trades rarely happen for any reason other than a salary dump. Cromartie will not return proper value.
    Trades for draft picks are pretty popular, especially with DBs, think of how we got cro, rogers-cromartie getting sent to the eagles, vontae davis getting traded for a second, I just don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Funaz View Post
    People who say trade Revis are absolutely correct. We proved we don't need him as bad as we need a pass rush. Get rid of Regis and and his huge contract

With a good pass rush Wilson and cro are all we need.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    Look, I love Revis, but I won't stand here and act like he's off limits, if the right offer was there I would consider getting trading him.

Problem is you're talking about trading Revis at LITERALLY his lowest market value in his career, outside of his Rookie year. If you want to restructure a new deal and trade him after the 2013 season, that's something to think about, but right now we could get maybe a second for cro and keep the best defensive player in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    As strange as is sounds Cro has more trade value than Revis. He is locked up for two more years at "top" dollar (8 mill per) but the new team has no SB to be concerned about. I think a team will give a 2nd for Cro and the jets will save 1.25 mill on next years cap

If Revis is traded next year it will COST the jets 3mill in cap room. Comp IMO will be lower than expected as the new team will insist on getting a deal done beforehand. NO team will trade for Revis as a 1 year rental, and no team will give him more leverage by just trading a high pick for him.

In 2014 the jets will have the cap money to keep both for that year, Cro then leaves at the end of 2014 or signs an extension. Revis I think stays with the jets.
    This pretty much nails it

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

3rd round pick? Do you guys realize what kind of ****bags get drafted in the 3rd? We could easily end up with a Ducasse. No freakin' way. If it's not an offer of a 1st, the phone gets hung up.
    Last edited by Buzzsaw; 12-11-2012 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Green + White View Post
    Trading Cro?

Is that one of his kids?

Jets only draft bags lol... Actually we have gotten some good players in 3rd-5th past few years, its more the 1st and 2nd screw ups.. I think Ducuss was a 2nd.. Plus the corner picked by Rams mid 2nd is playing pretty well for a rook..

Here is a question, who has higher trade value this offseason, Revis or cro? a Year ago revis by far.. Now Cro playing much better, Revis tears knee and is nearly big FA. Cro has 2 more years left? Id say Cro if thats the case, factoring in the cap.. Lot of teams dont have room for a 15 mil corner, not many teams want to spend 15 mil for a corner anyway.. Then there is less to spend on those costly Qbs,RB,WR,pass rushers. Position where you want young athletic players.. Nobody likes giving up draft picks these days.. Most teams may would want to just wait to try to sign Revis outright in 14, without giving up a pick..

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Jets only draft bags lol... Actually we have gotten some good players in 3rd-5th past few years, its more the 1st and 2nd screw ups.. I think Ducuss was a 2nd.. Plus the corner picked by Rams mid 2nd is playing pretty well for a rook..

Here is a question, who has higher trade value this offseason, Revis or cro? a Year ago revis by far.. Now Cro playing much better, Revis tears knee and is nearly big FA. Cro has 2 more years left? Id say Cro if thats the case, factoring in the cap.. Lot of teams dont have room for a 15 mil corner, not many teams want to spend 15 mil for a corner anyway.. Then there is less to spend on those costly Qbs,RB,WR,pass rushers. Position where you want young athletic players.. Nobody likes giving up draft picks these days.. Most teams may would want to just wait to try to sign Revis outright in 14, without giving up a pick..
    Good poiny. But I think cro is a more attractive player because of his more reasonable price for other teams (both contract money and draft picks they would give up).

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    3rd round pick? Do you guys realize what kind of ****bags get drafted in the 3rd? We could easily end up with a Ducasse. No freakin' way. If it's not an offer of a 1st, the phone gets hung up.
    You will never get equal value, Samuel went for a 7th only after he cut his pay to 3mill. Vontae Davis went for a 2nd because he has two year left at 1 mill each season. Your not trading just for the player but also his contract. Only 1/2 the teams in the league ever signed a FA for that amount, never mind trade for one. Plus Cro is a press corner only, SD put him in zone and he was lost. This cuts the field of suitors down even more. This is a list of FA corners, there are some very good ones, that wont cost a pick or 8 mill either. Plus

Sheldon Brown Cleveland (34)
    Darius Butler Indianapolis (27)
    Antoine Cason San Diego (27)
    Derek Cox Jacksonville (26)
    Bradley Fletcher St. Louis (27)
    Brent Grimes Atlanta (30)
    Chris Houston Detroit (2Cool
    Mike Jenkins Dallas Cowboys (2Cool
    Keenan Lewis Pittsburgh (27)
    Brice McCain Houston (26)
    William Middleton Jacksonville (27)
    D.J. Moore Chicago (26)
    Captain Munnerlyn Carolina (25)
    Tracy Porter Denver (27)
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Philadelphia (27)
    Sean Smith Miami (26)
    Aqib Talib New England (27)
    Cary Williams Baltimore (2Cool