Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Curtis Martin-Honorary Patriots Captian

Curtis Martin-Honorary Patriots Captian

http://www.enterprisenews.com/blogs/...ns-next-Sunday

I'm sure that this will make make many Jets fans want to throw up in their mouths, but Curtis Martin will be an honorary Patriots captain, during the coin toss next Sunday night.

Martin was drafted by the Patriots and played for them for 3 years. He always had the respect of most Patriots fans over the years even though he left to join Parcells with the Jets.

I can't ever recall any Patriots fan saying anything bad about Martin, but every fan base has their nuts.

Doesn't make me sick at all.

Martinw as a very good patriot in his time there, and he is classy enough to understand that an offer to be honored there is an honor, period.

Jets Fans who get angry over this are being quite immature. Martin does not belong to the Jets, his history belongs to all the teams he played for, us and them.

Congrats Curtis for being honored.

Maybe Brett Farve will get such an honor for a future Jets game.

Why would it? He retired as a Jet. He'll always be a Jet and not some ***** ass Pastriot.

this is kraft and the patriots organization kicking the jets in the groin again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    this is kraft and the patriots organization kicking the jets in the groin again.
    I also heard the Pats asked Firemen Ed to do the honorary coin flip Sunday night as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    I also heard the Pats asked Firemen Ed to do the honorary coin flip Sunday night as well.
    and lead the p-a-t-r-i-o-t-s patriots patriots patriots new chant.

Jets Insider VIP
    no way

he's Dolphins aqua and orange to the core all the way

It's in recognition of the 5 players who have played for the Pats and been inducted into the pro football HOF. Makes sense. Kudos for Curtis.

Beginning on Monday, Dec. 10, the famed bronze busts depicting the five Patriots players inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame will be on display at The Hall at Patriot Place on loan from the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. Patriots fans can view the busts of John Hannah, Andre Tippett, Nick Buoniconti, Mike Haynes and Curtis Martin during this special occasion without traveling to Canton.
    Only Hannah and Tipped played their whole careers for the Pats. Although, I hope they did the classy thing and asked Haynes and Buoniconti first since they both played as Pats longer than Martin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    and lead the p-a-t-r-i-o-t-s patriots patriots patriots new chant.
    Not sure if he can handle 8 letters.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post

I'm sure that this will make make many Jets fans want to throw up in their mouths, but Curtis Martin will be an honorary Patriots captain, during the coin toss next Sunday night.

Martin was drafted by the Patriots and played for them for 3 years. He always had the respect of most Patriots fans over the years even though he left to join Parcells with the Jets.

I can't ever recall any Patriots fan saying anything bad about Martin, but every fan base has their nuts.

Good for Curtis. If you are looking for anger or controversy you wont find it here.

Props to NE actually for doing this despite his identification with the Jets.

-

Veteran
    How about t-r-o-l-l?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Good for Curtis. If you are looking for anger or controversy you wont find it here.

Props to NE actually for doing this despite his identification with the Jets.

-
    The Troll was looking to douse our frustration with a lil gasoline in hopes watching us nip at each others throats a little.

There is a definite cockiness that the Trolls have been implementing here, and i for one hope it is not going un noticed by our gracious, well mannered Moderating crew.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    The Troll was looking to douse our frustration with a lil gasoline in hopes watching us nip at each others throats a little.

There is a definite cockiness that the Trolls have been implementing here, and i for one hope it is not going un noticed by our gracious, well mannered Moderating crew.
    lol, why would it suddenly be noticed now?

Jets Insider VIP
    +Your spelling is what's sickening but what can you expect from a Pats fan?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Meh, not so fast. The Chowd O.P. couldnt handle 7 letters...."Captian?"

-

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Meh, not so fast. The Chowd O.P. couldnt handle 7 letters...."Captian?"
    Sooth running low on advertising dollars?

All thread titles should have automatic spell checking.

Quote Originally Posted by #1Patriot View Post

Poor guy. Could have stayed in New England and picked up three Super Bowl rings.

are you ****ing kidding me?

Good for Curtis, nice that he's getting recognized.

Truth is, since he was a Jet Curtis Martin never inflicted any damage to the Patriots whatsoever.

SAR I