Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schein @AdamSchein
    Of course RT @BrianCoz: Jets were the only team to put a claim in on Edwards, according to a source. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have ESPN on for the last hour and even through 3 or 4 sets of the days highlights, not a single word about this. Interesting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    For those with BEdwards No. 17 #Jets jerseys, keep 'em. Still listed as 17 on team site. Jordan White: numberless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    For those with BEdwards No. 17 #Jets jerseys, keep 'em. Still listed as 17 on team site. Jordan White: numberless.
    I bought a Burress 17 for $20 at training camp for one of the barmaids at our group. perhaps masking tape????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm stoked. Braylon gets Mark and vice versa. This could be the return of Hector.(BE's nickname for Sark Manchez).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Adam Schein @AdamSchein
    Of course RT @BrianCoz: Jets were the only team to put a claim in on Edwards, according to a source. #nyj
    Anyone know if he is healthy enough to play Monday and how extensive is any injury????

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Jets were the only team to put a claim in on Edwards, according to a source. #nyj
    Ya dont say!

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

I larfed!

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    I've been told not to rule out the possibility that Braylon Edwards could be more than 3-game rental for the Jets. #nyj
    Then Braylon better fire his agent and go "negotiate" himself 'cause at this point, any shenanigans will wind up with him out of a job, Period.

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    I'm told it's possible the #Jets will re-do Braylon's contract and tack on a year with a low salary and potential incentives. #nyj
    Very WISE idea.

Braylon can't really say s--t at this point AND it keeps him for a full year next year as a kind of real audition.

I wonder what Holmes has to say about all this? I imagine he's not too thrilled to have someone upstage him on the field again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    you don't get something for nothing. edwards was/is injured. can he play? maybe. can he be effective? doubtful. seattle and sf did nothing with him and it's not like either of those teams had a lot in the receiver department.

we'll see what happens. if it helps sanchez succeed then great. i'm not olding my breath.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Should I begin planning a spot to stand at the Canyon of Heroes?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Sanchez shows good improvement and is starting to get back in sync. Then this was a great move playoffs or not. Then we need to keep Bray for next year.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Should I begin planning a spot to stand at the Canyon of Heroes?
    You should do it now, actually.

Of course you'd look very suspicious just standing around 24/7.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    you don't get something for nothing. edwards was/is injured. can he play? maybe. can he be effective? doubtful. seattle and sf did nothing with him and it's not like either of those teams had a lot in the receiver department.

we'll see what happens. if it helps sanchez succeed then great. i'm not olding my breath.
    Seattle and San Fran aren't big passing teams, they're 30th and 26th respectively. Braylon is more of a downfield reciever, but he was picked up by two teams that really don't do that kind of thing. Maybe the Jets will begin to put the ball downfield a bit more now that he's back. Should be fun to watch.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad he's back. He never wanted to leave, and he sounds thrilled to be back. He should be super-motivated to make things work the rest of this season. He is thisclose to being out of the league completely.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was a HUGE Braylon Edwards fan. Always felt he should have been resigned because he worked hard, loved being a JET, and had success with Sanchez.

There are three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, why would the JETS sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

Why do we never follow how the elite organizations conduct business?
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-11-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He never would have left the Jets but he felt he was due a really big payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of numbers his agent was throwing around at the time. His leaving wasn't a performance thing it was a payday thing. Hope he picks up where he left off.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!! TEACH ME (X2) HOW TO DOUGIE!!!
    Time to revive the old sig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMO3zsQrTF8

(now that I dumped the file )

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I was a HUGE Braylon Edwards fan. Always felt he should have been resigned because he worked hard, loved being a JET, and had success with Sanchez.

There are three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, why would the JETS sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

He called the Jets idiots because he was sticking up for Sanchez. Bringing him back gives Sanchez an insider who believes in him.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

There is three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, how can JETS would sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

Is this the tenth or the eleventh time you've repeated this same exact drivel on multiple threads since Edwards was resigned ??

Seriously Ive lost count.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

There is three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, how can JETS would sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

I'm with you on many fronts except....

The team hasn't quit yet. As big a bungle as we have seen, save the NE game, the kids play hard. That is impressive and I have to credit REX. Kerley,Green, Cro, Landry etc. All have played well.

Braylons tweets, if he can play, are not a big deal big picture.

I don't see how this is embarrassing. If he helps...great. If not, no big deal.