Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Typical Tanny dunce move. Before he's played a down, let's give Edwards a five year no cut contract. Then, next Spring, extend him another two years at double the salary.
    way to jump to conclusions. perhaps another one year-vet minimum deal will suffice as well, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

If only.............17!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    Biggest hack in the biz.

If I truly cared, I'd pull up all his NFL.com articles from the beginning of the season how Sanchez was going to have a breakout year and we were going to go 10-6.

Now he can't get enough of trashing the team.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Braylon Edwards is a Jet again. As I reported Sunday, Jets tried to trade for him from Seattle after Holmes was injured.

But Jason had the story first on Sunday...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    @OfficialBraylon *time

He also changed his avatar. Quickly.

$20 says he's tweeting while driving. And sucking down a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    One thing Braylon never did....He never threw his QB under the bus......
    Just his team.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Santonio Holmes' reaction:

LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    way to jump to conclusions. perhaps another one year-vet minimum deal will suffice as well, no?
    Maybe a slight exaggeration on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Both my Jets & Rockets have DA BEARD.

Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    It's official. I'm happy to announce that I am a NY Jet again. Looking forward to doing some great work, with a great team. Go Jets!

Jordan White will probably offer it to him

lol this season has been f'n crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Braylon just got cut mid-season, how's he making demands for a number or attempting to pull rank on anyone at this point?
    He is a veteran and 17 is his number. I doubt he will "make demands", but he may ask the kid for his number back and I'm sure the kid will say yes. But if it makes you happy to be a SOJF and create negativity for no reason, go ahead.

This is a good move though short-term as Tannenbaum has to think playoffs even if unrealistic. Braylon is better than Mardy Gilyard and Clyde Gates. How much better? Guess we'll find out these next 3 weeks....

Jets Insider VIP
    Next year: Holmes, Edwars, Hill, Kerley........

look, it could be worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Braylon Edwards is a Jet again. As I reported Sunday, Jets tried to trade for him from Seattle after Holmes was injured.

But Jason had the story first on Sunday...
    Gotta love the Twitter rat race.

https://twitter.com/OfficialBraylon

didnt waste any time to change his profile picture.. i guess someones happy to be back as a jet

Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    I'm told it's possible the #Jets will re-do Braylon's contract and tack on a year with a low salary and potential incentives. #nyj

Veteran
    Forget for a second that he played for us once before. He's the best WR on the market with size/speed matchup problems for many CB's and he comes with playoff experience should we make the playoffs he will be someone that defenses have to account for. Without Holmes that's more than you can say for anyone else on our roster, even Keller.

So why the slight noise from our fans? Hill is hurt, what do you expect them to do, sign another practice squad WR instead of admitting the mistake of letting him go the first time? He should have been signed to a contract offer even if Holmes is a slightly better player because we didn't have a adequate backup if Holmes got hurt.

This is not a dumb signing at all, and I'm sick of people saying that.

Yes he hasn't been great, but that's due to injury and being in a bad situation. And he's better than what we've got.

I bet it wasn't a dumb move when the Patriots brought back Deion Branch. Even though he did jack **** for Seattle after he was traded.

But because they're the Patriots they can do nothing wrong, and because they're the Jets we can do nothing right

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    He is a veteran and 17 is his number. I doubt he will "make demands", but he may ask the kid for his number back and I'm sure the kid will say yes. But if it makes you happy to be a SOJF and create negativity for no reason, go ahead.
    agreed there are many braylon edwards haters and jet haters not happy about this.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Signing braylon in 2010 was not a smart move as he was injured.

Bringing him in this offseason wasnt really that great as we had young players in Hill and Kerley that we wanted to get on the field along with holmes.

Signing braylon on December 11, 2012 is an OUTSTANDING move. I have no idea if he will catch 2 balls or 20 over the next 3 weeks, but given the fact that we were lookign at clyde gates and chas schillens having prominent roles in the offense, there is literally no downside here.

Plus, I cant imagine there EVER been a player with more to prove in a short period of time then braylon now. He should be able to step into the base offense and get the chance he hasnt in 2 years.

Zero downside risk here

This pretty much sums it up.

Even a gimpy Braylon has got to be better than Schilens/Gates/Gilyard.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Have you been under a rock these last two years?

He's been cut by two seperate playoff teams and didn't make it through a full season with either of them.

If you think we're getting the same guy from '09 or '10...then prepare to be severely disappointed when he's back on the market in 3 weeks.