Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Loved Bray when he was a Jet. Very much against this move to bring him back in...not for the fact that it makes the FO look like a bunch of whores, but for the fact i think he is physically done.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Braylon of 2-3 years ago was healthy, that is probably one of the bigger reasons they didn't bring him back sooner, that and his legal and off-the-field issues.

I read the team may rework his contract and add a year, meaning this isn't just a 3 game rental, which should be music to anyone's ears, why?

1. The team doesn't make this move if they don't think Edwards is healthy or will be

2. It's a move that adds a LOT to a deprived WR unit, a potential 2013 WR group of Holmes, Edwards, Hill, and Kerley next year is looking pretty damn good, and they did it by adding an NFL minimum contract.

3. Edwards unbridled support for Sanchez and the fact that Sanchez excelled when Edwards was on the roster and in the offense.

This is a win-win-win

But SOJF find something to ***** about ...

In your case, Edwards doesn't produce enough fantasy points, so why the excitement...
    Please quit responding to me.

Debating with you is like debating a brick wall. There's no use.

We get it. You'll defend every move this team makes. They can do no wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Why?

Because some of us aren't jumping for joy over bringing back a burnt out receiver who hasn't done dick in two seasons?

Okay
    what did the other hill do or gates or schillens? let me answer that for you they did dick.

Practice Squad
    Jeez, what a bunch of crystal ball reading whiney asses. No one know how ge will do. They have nothing to lose. They need him and he may have not been happy at those other teams. We got practice squad guys for WR's except for Kerley.
    Last edited by ken shroy; 12-11-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

actually you two are BOTH brick walls

ray defends everything the Jets do

and you criticize everything the Jets do

alike as two peas in a pod, really....

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Loved Bray when he was a Jet. Very much against this move to bring him back in...not for the fact that it makes the FO look like a bunch of whores, but for the fact i think he is physically done.
    hes worth the rehab effort off season if thats the case this year.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    In sports, all FO's are whores

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ken shroy View Post
    Jeez, what a bunch of crystal reading whiney asses. They have nothing to lose. They need him and he may have not been happy at those other teams. We got practice squad guys for WR's except for Kerley.
    Edwards costs the Jets the 3 games worth of his 825K contract with the Seahawks.... a pittance

and

he replaces the critically important Khalil Bell on the roster to boot

this is a no brainer pickup when your two starting wideouts were down to Schillens and Kerley

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

and you blast the Jets every move. To you, they can do no right

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    actually you two are BOTH brick walls

ray defends everything the Jets do

and you criticize everything the Jets do

alike as two peas in a pod, really....
    LOL

Up until two weeks ago, you put Ray's homerism to shame.

Take some of your own advice that you love to throw around so frequently. GFY, EAD, etc etc

LMAO fans never cease to amaze me

They let him go because of off the field problems, problems that persisted after they let him go, it's been two years, and he hasn't done **** in the league. He's passed through now TWO more teams...

But the Jets are idiots...

SOJF

The Braylon of 2-3 years ago was healthy, that is probably one of the bigger reasons they didn't bring him back sooner, that and his legal and off-the-field issues.

I read the team may rework his contract and add a year, meaning this isn't just a 3 game rental, which should be music to anyone's ears, why?

1. The team doesn't make this move if they don't think Edwards is healthy or past his knee issues

2. It's a move that adds a LOT to a deprived WR unit, a potential 2013 WR group of Holmes, Edwards, Hill, and Kerley next year is looking pretty damn good, and they did it by adding an NFL minimum contract, Edwards is still just 29 yrs old.

3. Edwards unbridled support for Sanchez and the fact that Sanchez excelled when Edwards was on the roster and in the offense.

This is a win-win-win

But SOJF find something to ***** about ...

In your case, Edwards doesn't produce enough fantasy points, so why the excitement...
    Well said.

A receiving core with Holmes, Edwards, Kerley and Hill sounds better then the Gilyards, schillens, Turners, and Gates of the world. When talking about next season assuming they keep Edwards beyond the end of this season.

Plus, Mark looked like a different QB when he had Braylon. Maybe together they can rediscover that magic.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Don't talk to him. He's a welcher.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    I know ppl are excited to see @OfficialBraylon back but lets see what the man can do b4 anointing him the savior! #nyj
    Even though you don't live down the street from me anymore, who is calling him the savior, I'm gonna throw garbage on your lawn anyway.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache 51 View Post
    Even though you don't live down the street from me anymore, who is calling him the savior, I'm gonna throw garbage on your lawn anyway.
    LOL. Who called him a savior? Wow. Lets just make **** up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    and you blast the Jets every move. To you, they can do no right
    I blast every move?

Like refusing to bench Sanchez no matter how horrible he continues to play?

Like giving him that silly ass extension in the offseason just to make up for hurting his fragile little feelings because we flirted with Peyton?

I blast the moves that rightfully deserve to be blasted.

And I'm not even blasting this move. I'm simply saying that Braylon has shown absolutely nothing over the past two years to indicate to me that he's capable of making even the slightest difference.

All League
    for absolutely no articulable reason, I'm a big fan of this move.

Vin? you in here?

Quote Originally Posted by JETSALLDAY24 View Post
    OMG so many great memories that now only hurt I can't even watch the whole video.

Dont blame Sanchez, Edwards tweeted. I played there. Blame the idiots calling shots. Mark is a beast and will [prove] it when given a proper chance.

From your mouth to Gods ears Braylon!