Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

No big deal, I am fine with this move...what is the big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I was being sarcastic...
    Oh so you're saying :

I don't get why people are on Braylons case about calling the team management idiots.

1.) Its true

2.) People say things far worse than what he said about the management and yet those people still turn up to games, buy merch, etc.

3.) He called them idiots in defense of Sanchez. You know, the dude who is throwing him the ball next week.

Jets fans are like that person that has an ugly child and they know it, and when someone else tells them that, they get all pissed, but they know its true.

People been bashing the FO ALL season, and now we got a great receiver, for cheap nontheless. But now they dont want him because they called them "idiots" out of all the diss words in the english/ebonics dictionary. Geez.

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Oh so you're saying :

Yeap

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Guess the 49ers and Steelers are treating their team like its grade school. You know grade school, where students are supposed to learn the characteristics that build success.

The JETS can learn that you dont build a winner treating everything like its a BUSINESS...............

That makes absolutely ZERO sense which is par for the course when it comes to you so really....nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by usapaw View Post
    No big deal, I am fine with this move...what is the big deal?
    Copernicus doesn't like it. That's why.

And when Copernicus doesn't like something, then everyone shouldn't like it.

'Cause the world revolves around him after all.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.

Where do you see the "intelligence"?
    Better yet, why don't you do everyone the pleasure of explaining why how this is an "intelligent" move for the organization? Would a real NFL team like the Pats, Packers, Steelers, or Giants do this?

This team is a complete joke. Edwards took a public dump on the organization (entirely unsolicited at that) a matter of days ago. Not that the Jets arent a joke, but who signs a washed up guy like this after that?
    Last edited by scottyM; 12-11-2012 at 10:23 PM.

No one in this case. The JETS never suspend any action detrimental to the team with rex and Woody in charge.

You have one organization that has had RB woes all year and suspend a player that could probably help them.

You have another organization that signs a player that less than a week ago publicly called the JETS "idiots."

Guess the team that has had a history of success with multiple championships and playoff appearances?
    What a whine ass you've been throughout this whole damn thread man....

Edwards deserves the job if for nothing else but telling the truth about "the idiots calling the shots" in this organization.

Stop whining long enough to think about the scrubs this team trots out at WR every Sunday. A Braylon with one leg is an upgrade over these practice squad scrubs the "idiots calling the shots" thought would be good enough to win with this year

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    +I thought what he meant was that 'they' disregarded Mike T's opinion and went over his head to get Braylon signed, concluding that Tanny has been the obstacle all along to signing Bray. So, Tanny's influence is waning = sign of things to come.

NOw if you would just translate all those damn gibberish Tweets :-)
    That's exactly what I ment. Was typing from the phone sorry if it did not make sense.

That makes absolutely ZERO sense which is par for the course when it comes to you so really....nothing to see here.
    Yes, I make no sense at all......

Two of the best organizations in all of sports have suspended players for stepping out of line. One for comments on twitter and another for not standing on the sideline in a game that he wouldnt have played in. Both teams have won multiple championships and continue to have success year in and year out. Both organization's message is very clear, dont embarrass or do anything detrimental to the organization or you will not have a place on the team.

We sign a washed up Wr who publicly ridiculed the JETS less than a week ago.

Yes, I am very far off....

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    What a whine ass you've been throughout this whole damn thread man....

Edwards deserves the job if for nothing else but telling the truth about "the idiots calling the shots" in this organization.

Stop whining long enough to think about the scrubs this team trots out at WR every Sunday. A Braylon with one leg is an upgrade over these practice squad scrubs the "idiots calling the shots" thought would be good enough to win with this year
    I heard somewhere a long time ago that "no one is bigger than the team." I think its like one of the first things that coaches preach from the very start in all sports across the board. Since the JETS have let players who live by these words go they have had less success. But I get it, Braylon Edwards commenting on the JETS all the way from Seattle while he should have been focusing on his own situation is just the type of veteran leader you want to add to this group. Good lord........

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Better yet, why don't you do everyone the pleasure of explaining why how this is an "intelligent" move for the organization? Would a real NFL team like the Pats, Packers, Steelers, or Giants do this?
    It's an "intelligent" move because :

1.) They're paying only a pittance in regards to Braylon's current Salary and all indications point to them restructuring to make it a 2-year with even lower salary with incentives.

2.) It's a low-risk, High-reward thing at this point. If Braylon blows up, it's all good and the Jets can then examine whether another 2 or 3-year contract is warranted or not. If he fails, then they don't re-sign him and let him fade into obscurity.

3.) He has the most chemistry with our embattled QB. That cannot be understated. The Jets FO/CS need to find out if Mark is truly "Broken" as an NFL QB. I mean....if having Braylon on one side, Tone on the other, and Kerley(playing the Cotch-role) in the slot still doesn't bring Mark out of whatever "doldrums" he's currently in, then NOTHING WILL.

Satisfied?

It certainly has been my "pleasure" in explaining this. Thank you.

This team is a complete joke. Edwards took a public dump on the organization (entirely unsolicited at that) a matter of days ago. Not that the Jets arent a joke, but who signs a washed up guy like this after that?

Welcome to REALITY.

It's all about business as I've stated above. If people can't handle a little bit of "butt-hurt" to their feelings, than those "businesses" won't last long, IMO.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-11-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    What's Justin McCareins up to these days? We should totally give him a look too.
    i hear stevie anderson and curtis caesar come cheap. orlando parker is also in training.

It's an "intelligent" move because :

1.) They're paying only a pittance in regards to Braylon's current Salary and all indications point to them restructuring to make it a 2-year with even lower salary with incentives.

2.) It's a low-risk, High-reward thing at this point. If Braylon blows up, it's all good and the Jets can then examine whether another 2 or 3-year contract is warranted or not. If he fails, then they don't re-sign him and let him fade into obscurity.

3.) He has the most chemistry with our embattled QB. That cannot be understated. The Jets FO/CS need to find out if Mark is truly "Broken" as an NFL QB. I mean....if having Braylon on one side, Tone on the other, and Kerley(playing the Cotch-role) in the slot still doesn't bring Mark out of whatever "doldrums" he's currently in, then NOTHING WILL.

Satisfied?

It certainly has been my "pleasure" in explaining this. Thank you.

Welcome to REALITY.

It's all about business as I've stated above. If people can't handle a little bit of "butt-hurt" to their feelings, than those "businesses" won't last long, IMO.

Great, you forgot to mention its not 2010 and that he has done just about nothing in almost two seasons, is coming off of an injury designation in Seattle, and oh ya little did he know took a dump on his soon to-be bosses just days ago! This is going to be great for team dynamics!

Let me guess you think Santonio is awesome too!! From a business perspective the Jets signed a good player at a higher end deal. In reality, the Jets signed a complete and utter piece of crap and Santonio has no business on any NFL team. Hows your butt hurt?
    Last edited by scottyM; 12-11-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Welcome to REALITY.

Reality for teams like the current JETS.

Other true winners who could care less about back-page headlines and swag dont treat it as a total business and put character first which is the foundation to championships and success.

If it were all about business to the 49ers then Jacobs would be playing and same for Mendanhall in Pitt.

But then again, what do those organization know?......
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-11-2012 at 10:46 PM.

All League
    I hope the Jets actually let Sanchez take some shots deep to Braylon. It's one thing to limit Sanchez's pass attempts, but please don't limit it to a 10 yards box within the line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Great, you forgot to mention its not 2010 and that he has done just about nothing in almost two seasons, is coming off of an injury designation in Seattle, and oh ya little did he know took a dump on his soon to-be bosses just days ago! This is going to be great for team dynamics!

Let me guess you think Santonio is awesome too!! From a business perspective the Jets signed a good player at a higher end deal. In reality, the Jets signed a complete and utter piece of crap and Santonio has no business on any NFL team. Hows your butt hurt?
    Great, more trolls

Veteran
    Who cares if the BE version we get isn't the 2010 version - you don't know what you have until you look. Lots of teams think they're signing the past greatness of a player - like Mo Williams - and they pay through the nose with crippling long-term guaranteed contracts. Jets put a quarter in the meter to see what BE has in the tank.

Something not mentioned nearly enough about BE is that he played with guts and balls - never played scared. Look at last night's game between NE and HOU - HOU didn't play big and confident, they played skittish and as if they were trying to eek out a win. The Pats - even the young players - they feed on the established success and learn to grow into confident players.

When we talk about 'heart and soul' players - those are the kinds of guys we are talking about, and that's what they bring to the table. Even if the BE experiment is a failure, it's worth taking a shot at improving the chemistry and blood in this team.

And did I mention that no matter what we still needed someone to throw the ball to? Welcome back BE.

Veteran
    I'm curious if BE is claimed without the injury to SH? Coincidence that he is waived right after the SH injury..

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Our O line is 5th in the league per PFF. And now with Braylon's blocking things should get even better.

Sanchez has had plenty of time, just no one to throw to. And yes, he's lost something. Can't define or explain it. But despite all the "proof" on this board that his completion % hasn't changed, the team was doing a heck of a lot better when he had swagger and confidence.

)
    That's good, now that Wayne Hunter's and Haloti Ngata's et al damage is done.

Wink

Last time I looked the Steelers were in a similar positions as the JETS in the playoff hunt.

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @MikeGarafolo: Btw Mendenhall was suspended one game by the team because he didn't attend Sunday's game after being deactivated, source says

They do it right, all the time, its why they win long term
    You are unreadable and pathetic.

BTW it's that Steeler team that always does it right that we are chasing as a result of their own tailspin.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 12-12-2012 at 12:08 AM.