Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    He never would have left the Jets but he felt he was due a really big payday and the Jets couldn't afford the kind of numbers his agent was throwing around at the time. His leaving wasn't a performance thing it was a payday thing. Hope he picks up where he left off.
    I think this is really the only reason, and what Rex said at the time (in so many words). The rest is unfounded speculation. He didn't get hurt until after SF picked him up, playing there, which put the kibosh on his season. And DUI's, nobody gives a F, performance and roster needs always outweigh behavior issues.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I was a HUGE Braylon Edwards fan. Always felt he should have been resigned because he worked hard, loved being a JET, and had success with Sanchez.

There are three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, why would the JETS sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

Why do we never follow how the elite organizations conduct business?
    To quote Bob Sugar in Jerry Maguire " Its not show friends, its show business."

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    ...and the circus adds another ring. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

"I would like to apologize to the Jets family and my fans for my emotional outburst. Mark is a friend and former teammate, who I wholeheartedly support. Nonetheless, I have disrespected and insulted an administration that I have the utmost respect for," he wrote.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...ork-jets-radar

Everyone is making a big deal out of him calling the Jets Brass...."Idiots" and leaving it at that instead of focusing on the fact that he is simply a Sanchez-supporter(they still exist, apparently) and friend(Mark has friends???).

At least Bray didn't go the Terrell Owens route ("He's my Quarterback!!" ).

The Jets wont bring back Braylon because, IF by some chance he happens to contribute and makes a few plays, they will be second guessed till eternity and this front office has enough of that right now. Zero chance Braylon is brought back at this point. - sec.101row23

Looked like they weren't as concerned about being "second guessed till eternity" as you thought.

Besides, they've been second-guessed all season long so this would be but a microscopic blip on the radar.....

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Everyone is making a big deal out of him calling the Jets Brass...."Idiots" and leaving it at that instead of focusing on the fact that he is simply a Sanchez-supporter(they still exist, apparently) and friend(Mark has friends???).

At least Bray didn't go the Terrell Owens route ("He's my Quarterback!! ).

Looked like they weren't as concerned about being "second guessed till eternity" as you thought.

Besides, they've been second-guessed all season long so this would be but a microscopic blip on the radar.....
    I'm glad I was wrong about this. I thought he should have been here since training camp, but lets hope he and Mark still have some chemistry left.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    Everyone is making a big deal out of him calling the Jets Brass...."Idiots"
    Really can't disparage the guy for telling the truth. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Braylon of 2-3 years ago was healthy, that is probably one of the bigger reasons they didn't bring him back sooner, that and his legal and off-the-field issues.

I read the team may rework his contract and add a year, meaning this isn't just a 3 game rental, which should be music to anyone's ears, why?

1. The team doesn't make this move if they don't think Edwards is healthy or past his knee issues

2. It's a move that adds a LOT to a deprived WR unit, a potential 2013 WR group of Holmes, Edwards, Hill, and Kerley next year is looking pretty damn good, and they did it by adding an NFL minimum contract, Edwards is still just 29 yrs old.

3. Edwards unbridled support for Sanchez and the fact that Sanchez excelled when Edwards was on the roster and in the offense.

This is a win-win-win

But SOJF find something to ***** about ...

In your case, Edwards doesn't produce enough fantasy points, so why the excitement...
    The guy was just released from the Seahawks a team trying to make the playoffs,yet they release him this week. This is not a salary dump,but a true release

Could mean they have gone over Mike T opinion. He called out Mike T Nd then they bring him back. Hmmm,.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I was a HUGE Braylon Edwards fan. Always felt he should have been resigned because he worked hard, loved being a JET, and had success with Sanchez.

There are three weeks left and even though there is a slim chance the JETS make the playoffs it has been an embarrassment of a season where the team simply quit on many occasions. I also cant believe that Edwards will be in the JETS long term plans.

With that said, why would the JETS sign him less than a week after Edwards publicly called out the JETS organization calling them idiots? Its like they have no pride or dignity. This organization continues to embarrass itself. I would never expect this from the elite organizations in the NFL. The Giants, 49ers, and Pitt would never sign a player that publicly called their organization "idiots."

Why do we never follow how the elite organizations conduct business?
    Look at what the 49ers just did to Jacobs

I don't know why but I am extremely happy the Jets brought Braylon back. Maybe Cotchery is next? A flyboy reunion? Hard to think why but maybe Braylon been playing possum. Hmmm. No. But somehow I expect him to have 5 catches for the Jets against Tennessee and maybe 60-70 yards and a TD. I just get a feeling that he will do well for us and I don't know why? But now I can't wait for the game. It will be so much more exciting if both Bengals and Steelers and Indy all lost. Can't Wait. Maybe this season from hell has a happy ending like that massage I got last week. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    I don't know why but I am extremely happy the Jets brought Braylon back. Maybe Cotchery is next? A flyboy reunion? Hard to think why but maybe Braylon been playing possum. Hmmm. No. But somehow I expect him to have 5 catches for the Jets against Tennessee and maybe 60-70 yards and a TD. I just get a feeling that he will do well for us and I don't know why? But now I can't wait for the game. It will be so much more exciting if both Bengals and Steelers and Indy all lost. Can't Wait. Maybe this season from hell has a happy ending like that massage I got last week. Lol.

Better not reveal the name of the place you got that.....

Seriously, though, it will be telling if Braylon continues where he left off in 2010(as unlikely as it would be) which would lend credence to the "playing possum" theory you just stated. Which won't make the Seattle brass non-too-happy.....

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    ...and the circus adds another ring. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.
    I rather be a jet and jets fan than a cardinals, rams, bills, jags titans, eagles etc fan. The jets are 6-7 and in they playoff hunt something a number of other teams can't say. And the jets have done it without their best player all year and various other injuries to key players.

Pathetic sojf's are the pathetic ones

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    People wonder why the Jets get blasted by the media.
    - Edwards was waived by the 49ers
    - Edwards was waived by the Seahawks
    - Edwards called the Jets leadership "idiots"
    The Jets resign him one week later.
    Pretty funny and fitting

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    He called the Jets idiots because he was sticking up for Sanchez. Bringing him back gives Sanchez an insider who believes in him.
    Irregardless, he called the people who run the JETS "idiots" and then the JETS turned around and are paying him. Only in the JETS world does this happen and fans are ecstatic.

The message that this organization continues to send is ridiculous. Its like everything you've ever learned about sports and life gets thrown out the window. Pride? Dignity? Forget about it. Rather teach the guys on the team that trash talking is accepted even if its at the expense of the JETS being disrespected. The message learned, you can disrespect the JETS and it doesnt matter, they will ever turn around and pay you.

You'd think they signed this guy in his prime. He is washed up. Seattle cut him. I'd have resigned the next best Wr prospect hoping to catch lightning in a bottle like other great teams have. Instead we cut a break to a guy who publicly ridicules the JETS from clear across the country unprovoked. Its unreal.

All the little things that build championships the JETS refuse to do. The little things that the organization can control like sending the right message, especially in a lost season like this one. A winner would not sign him because of his foolish comments against the organization. Would have loved to hear a statement from the JETS like "we think he might be good enough to play somewhere in the NFL but we have no interest in a player that would disrespect our organization unprovoked."

But good news for Woody and Rex, they have the potential to make the back pages again signing a washed up Wr cut by a team with a bad offense.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Look at what the 49ers just did to Jacobs
    Like what, suspend a player that took five carries all season? Real Ballsy! And what has Harbaugh done as a head coach in the nfl that rex hasn't already accomplished?

You think they would have suspended aldon if he had made a similar tweet?

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Really can't disparage the guy for telling the truth. lol
    Exactly...😏

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I rather be a jet and jets fan than a cardinals, rams, bills, jags titans, eagles etc fan. The jets are 6-7 and in they playoff hunt something a number of other teams can't say. And the jets have done it without their best player all year and various other injuries to key players.

Pathetic sojf's are the pathetic ones
    Revis and Cro Show on D and Kerley, Hill, Braylon (assuming he's back), and Tone on O next year? Sounds lot better than where we're at right now. Hopefully we can stay healthy next season.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    LETSSSSS GOOOOOOOO

THE BEARD IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    👍👍👍👍👍

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

As Jim Ross once said :

"Business is about to pick up..."

Seriously, though, I see this as nothing more than putting out the best player the Jets could get at this point.

I doubt he is given any sort of contract to return next year but then again.....These are the JETS.
    Congrats, Vin!!! Your perseverance has paid off!

All League
    Very good pick up