Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Reality for teams like the current JETS.

Other true winners who could care less about back-page headlines and swag dont treat it as a total business and put character first which is the foundation to championships and success.

If it were all about business to the 49ers then Jacobs would be playing and same for Mendanhall in Pitt.

But then again, what do those organization know?......

Sure, lets model our franchise after one that is lead by Rapelisberger.

You do realize that if Aldon Smith made the same comments as Jacobs nothing would have been done?

LOL at SOJFs.

All Pro
    Wanna see Sanchez air it out deep to BE on Monday night.

Glade to have the beard back

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    Wanna see Sanchez air it out deep to BE on Monday night.

Glade to have the beard back
    Guaranteed pick. Or sack fumble while Braylon tries to get deep.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Revis and Cro Show on D and Kerley, Hill, Braylon (assuming he's back), and Tone on O next year? Sounds lot better than where we're at right now. Hopefully we can stay healthy next season.
    The starting receivers look good, but whose gonna throw them the ball. If it's Suckchez, we're still f*cked.
    Last edited by JetBidi; 12-12-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Your original prediction was 5-11

Too funny
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Don't talk to him. He's a welcher.

SAR I
    SAR, he's got a point... You suck at predictions... I can't recall one you got right

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    ...and the circus adds another ring. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.
    Our fans suck more than the Jets, clearly...

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Glad he's back. He never wanted to leave, and he sounds thrilled to be back. He should be super-motivated to make things work the rest of this season. He is thisclose to being out of the league completely.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @waynechrebet: Good move bringing Braylon back.I think instantly Sanchez will have some confidence back.A little spark to him.A familiar face wil do that.
    And this...

Quote Originally Posted by Crackity Jones View Post
    For me, B.E. will always hold a special place in this Jets fan's heart due to that one game when he was dragging multiple Pats into the endzone, having a live backflip-inducing joygasm over booting the Pats out of the playoffs, and also his desire to teach Pats CBs how to dougie.

He is a fiery dude, was money when we had him, and somehow accomplished what no one else thus far has been able to do: elevated Sanchez's play.

This is a great signing both short term and long term (with such little risk), and anyone who says otherwise is just a miser. Screw draft picks, this is our team. GO JETS.
    Absolutely this...

I love the dude... We literally lose nothing by doing this... I can't see how anyone can possibly have an issue with this move, other than the fact that they simply want to whine about SOMETHING, ANYTHING, regarding this team... There's lots to complain about... Edwards simply isn't something that should be on your radar...

If someone says Sanchez will look like a world beater because we signed Edwards, fine... Tell that person what an idiot they are... If someone says low risk, high reward, or low risk ANY reward, please leave them be... This is as cut and dry, low risk as it comes and he already has chemistry with our QB of the next 19 games... (assuming Woody doesn't decide it's a good time to eat 8 figures )

Quote Originally Posted by JetBidi View Post
    The starting receivers look good, but whose gonna throw them the ball. If it's Suckchez, we're still f*cked.
    This is true. Everyone trying to defend the Boy Blunder with their constant "HURR DURR, NO ONE TO THROW TO, DOE! HEEEEEEERP!" just sound utterly silly. Sanchez has shown that he's between receivers and defenders, he's got plenty of targets!

Braylon Edwards is Raymond Felton.

Some guys just want to play in New York. Felton actually admitted that he stopped trying and let himself get out of shape after he was traded as part of the Carmelo deal. He didn't do anything for the Nuggets or Trailblazers, now he's back with the Knicks and playing well again. I could see something similar happening with Braylon and the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Some guys just want to play in New York. Felton actually admitted that he stopped trying and let himself get out of shape after he was traded as part of the Carmelo deal. He didn't do anything for the Nuggets or Trailblazers, now he's back with the Knicks and playing well again. I could see something similar happening with Braylon and the Jets.
    Wow, that's a neat comparison, especially for a guy who is a Knicks/Tar Heels fan.

For whatever reason, Braylon likes playing under high pressure. IIRC, his MNF stats are pretty ridiculous too.

Braylon seems like a very emotional guy. Sometimes it works against against him, but he seemed to channel it in when he played for us. I'm a slight biased because I always loved the guy (even before NYJ), but I don't see how he cannot be an upgrade over Schilens, Gates, Gilyard, etc. It might be slight, but I still think this improves the team even if it is ever so slightly.

All League
    Anxiously waiting for Braylon's tweet(s) after Suckchez continually misses him Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Being a Knicks fan, this crossed my mind as well. I think Braylon really appreciated being here and getting a second chance might jump-start him.
    Last edited by boxman; 12-12-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Anxiously waiting for Braylon's tweet(s) after Suckchez continually misses him Monday.

He's never thrown Sanchez under the bus before.

As much as a knucklehead he has been off the field, he has been a good teammate.

As for my last post, OK, maybe he hasn't been as dominant on MNF. That being said, he was pretty good during the playoffs both years.

MNF stats (5 games): 17 catches; 346 yds; 20.4 ypr; 2 TDs

That's slightly better stats than his full year with NYJ (2010). The only number that's smaller is the TDs. Either way, the guy likes to play in NY and has made that evident.

That being said, what kind of impact he will have is suspect. Still better than anyone else off the street, and we are desperate for depth right now.

Copernicus - just wanted to point out the obvious that the people you mentioned were suspended because they insulted the team that they're *on*. There's a big difference between screwing your teammates vs. saying something mean about the *GM* of a team you used to be on...

Edwards has always been a great teammate on the field, as far as I can remember.

And it's quite possible that physically he'll be a shadow of himself. But right now we have, what, Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard, and.... Who? Buehler?? It's hard to argue that there's someone else we should have signed instead...

Jets Insider VIP
    LMFAO

Gets cut, then cut again by 2 teams (succesful ones), insults Tanny...and gets called back..

Only the Jets.

Let's hope he can salvage some of Marks mojo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why are you nervous about waiting for tweets???

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by scottyM View Post
    Great, you forgot to mention its not 2010 and that he has done just about nothing in almost two seasons, is coming off of an injury designation in Seattle, and oh ya little did he know took a dump on his soon to-be bosses just days ago! This is going to be great for team dynamics!

Let me guess you think Santonio is awesome too!! From a business perspective the Jets signed a good player at a higher end deal. In reality, the Jets signed a complete and utter piece of crap and Santonio has no business on any NFL team. Hows your butt hurt?
    Why don't you kiss it?

Look, Troll...

You asked me to explain why it is an intelligent move and I did.

Now if you don't like the explanation, too bad 'cause IMO, there is more truth to what I said than fiction.

I always like Bray ... I know he is banged up and slower ... I just hope he plays well ... The guy always played with heart and definitely outplayed SantanMEo .. Always thought he got shafted because of his knee injury .. Anyway .. Hope he does well ... despite Sackchez.

Rookie
    Love this move! Just don't know if Sporano knows how to use him. Most unimaginative offense I have seen.

Undrafted Free Agent
    F'n funny thread!!!!

Half way down the page....

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Why don't you kiss it?

Look, Troll...

Now if you don't like the explanation, too bad 'cause IMO, there is more truth to what I said than fiction.
    You've been Vin-dicated, my friend

No need for you to waste your valuable time explaining or even responding to the JI whining brigade

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Why don't you kiss it?

Look, Troll...

Vin....SOJF's are so blinded by thier hatred for the team that they fail to see the good in anything......

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Sure, lets model our franchise after one that is lead by Rapelisberger.

You do realize that if Aldon Smith made the same comments as Jacobs nothing would have been done?

LOL at SOJFs.
    You are joking right?

In light of the recent tragic events that have happended with NFL players in Dallas and KC, the JETS reward a marginal player (at this point of his career) who has a history of reckless behavior including multiple DWIs. Oh, btw, this same player also ridiculed the JETS organization less than a week ago publicly calling them "idiots."

Great signing, he should be a wonderful influence on our younger players and fit right in with our veterans.....