Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 582

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

  1. #541
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I think it's pretty clear now with the warm reception BE has gotten from Rex and the players, that he wasn't the locker room distraction alot of people on here made him out to be.
    haters gonna hate. braylon edwards is a player we need on this team.

  2. #542
    Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Saw Braylon Edwards in Jets' locker room. Said "Welcome back," shook hands and he said, "Man, I even missed the media."

  3. #543
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,687
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I think it's pretty clear now with the warm reception BE has gotten from Rex and the players, that he wasn't the locker room distraction alot of people on here made him out to be.
    I dont follow alot of the gossip that transpires, but i didnt even think Braylon was considered to be a bad locker room prescence when he was with the team. I certainly never saw any negativity from him ON the field.

    Thought it was just Santoni-Ho that was considered to be the locker room cancer.

  4. #544


    It is a BE XMass. Until he fades back into being just anther JAG when Hill gets back.

  5. #545
    A few things I noted from Braylon's interview with JTL on newyorkjets.com

    > Said that, as Mark's friend, he's going to get onto him and tell him the truth if he's having a bad game and try and get his head right.
    > Said that if he lets his QB down, he's going to own up to it and say, "My bad, man. I got you."
    > Said it feels good to be back in the right colors
    > Said all the twitter stuff was discussed and amends have been made
    > Said he wants to make his QB look good and help him out
    > Said he's seen similar systems and knows some of the terminology, so it's a matter of putting in the extra time with Mark and the coaches to get the playbook down.
    > When asked if, should he happen to score, he would do the Dougie for the fans. Said, since the fans loved it so much, he'd do it for them when he scores.
    > Said Mark called him when he found out and was "ecstatic"

  6. #546
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post


    It is a BE XMass. Until he fades back into being just anther JAGUAR when Hill gets back.
    ...packaged with Tebow for a 3rd rounder

  7. #547
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009fatman View Post
    I think it's pretty clear now with the warm reception BE has gotten from Rex and the players, that he wasn't the locker room distraction alot of people on here made him out to be.
    THIS cannot be understated.



    Which also points to the possibility that HOLMES didn't want Braylon back on the team OR RATHER.....didn't want him GETTING PAID as much as he did.


    Regardless.....So glad that so-called "THEORY" has been finally put to rest.

    The only Locker-Room Cancer is Santonio Holmes, Period.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post


    It is a BE XMass. Until he fades back into being just anther JAG when Hill gets back.
    maybe hill can learn a few things from be mainly how to catch the damn ball.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    maybe hill can learn a few things from be mainly how to catch the damn ball.
    Which is kind of funny and ironic considering that prior to his FIRST arrival on the Jets, he had issues with catching the ball himself.



    But AT LEAST he had an excuse(Had Broken fingers on one of his hands, I think) and changed the way he caught passes which resulted in less drops, more big-time plays.

    Hill has no excuse since there's nothing wrong with his hands. He just needs to TRUST his hands.

    That's the issue here.

  10. #550
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Which is kind of funny and ironic considering that prior to his FIRST arrival on the Jets, he had issues with catching the ball himself.



    But AT LEAST he had an excuse(Had Broken fingers on one of his hands, I think) and changed the way he caught passes which resulted in less drops, more big-time plays.

    Hill has no excuse since there's nothing wrong with his hands. He just needs to TRUST his hands.

    That's the issue here.
    To be fair, he looked as though he figured it out against Arizona. He caught everything with his hands instead of his body and caught the ball solidly. Made some nice catches and a clutch 3rd down catch towards the end of the game, iirc.

  11. #551
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,757
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, he looked as though he figured it out against Arizona. He caught everything with his hands instead of his body and caught the ball solidly. Made some nice catches and a clutch 3rd down catch towards the end of the game, iirc.
    I agree. There is no excuse for Hill not to have good hands. He has big, strong hands. He snared a couple of balls out of the air against Arizona. I also watched him catch everything at the combine, the ball stopped once it touched his hands. He just has an awful habit of body catching and jumping when he doesn't have to.

    But he has to find a way to stay healthy b.c he needs all the reps he can get.

  12. #552
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    I loved JCO. My daughter went to NC State and wore his jersey.
    Unfortunately his talents are wasted here in pittsburgh. His name isn't mentioned hardly at all. He is still young enough to at least have some impact elsewhere than pittsburgh.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    To be fair, he looked as though he figured it out against Arizona. He caught everything with his hands instead of his body and caught the ball solidly. Made some nice catches and a clutch 3rd down catch towards the end of the game, iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I agree. There is no excuse for Hill not to have good hands. He has big, strong hands. He snared a couple of balls out of the air against Arizona. I also watched him catch everything at the combine, the ball stopped once it touched his hands. He just has an awful habit of body catching and jumping when he doesn't have to.

    But he has to find a way to stay healthy b.c he needs all the reps he can get.
    ok so why cant holmes edwards hill kerley and others all co exist as wrs on this team?

    talent like braylon edwards is hard not to like.

  14. #554
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    ok so why cant holmes edwards hill kerley and others all co exist as wrs on this team?

    talent like braylon edwards is hard not to like.
    I am not sure what you mean. I was just talking about Hill's hands.

    But to answer your question, I think they can co-exist.

  15. #555
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I am not sure what you mean. I was just talking about Hill's hands.

    But to answer your question, I think they can co-exist.
    agreed but the braylon edwards haters dont feel the same way.

  16. #556
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    agreed but the braylon edwards haters dont feel the same way.
    I do see how Braylon can affect Hill's development. He is going to take touches away from him. He is going to take reps away from him.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 12-13-2012 at 10:12 PM.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I do see how Braylon can affect Hill's development. He is going to take touches away from him. He is going to take reps away from him.
    may the best man win. hill was handed it all here and failed miserably so far.

  18. #558
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    may the best man win. hill was handed it all here and failed miserably so far.
    LOL. Come on now. Hill is a developmental player that has come to a terrible offensive team with a HC that does not believe in passing and a QB that is among the worst in the NFL.

    He was never supposed to be our savior. Everyone knew he wasn't a finished product. I can see why other fans want him to get all the reps he can get, we need to make that type of investment in him. Everyone knew there were going to be ups and downs.

  19. #559
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    may the best man win. hill was handed it all here and failed miserably so far.
    Not really. He was a project receiver coming out of a program that was run-heavy which forced the receivers to be run-blockers primarily and was then thrust right into the #2 spot when our #1 receiver went down.

    The fact that he's showing progress and has flashed at times is reason enough for me to be hopefully that he will grow into an excellent receiver for us.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Come on now. Hill is a developmental player that has come to a terrible offensive team with a HC that does not believe in passing and a QB that is among the worst in the NFL.

    He was never supposed to be our savior. Everyone knew he wasn't a finished product. I can see why other fans want him to get all the reps he can get, we need to make that type of investment in him. Everyone knew there were going to be ups and downs.
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Not really. He was a project receiver coming out of a program that was run-heavy which forced the receivers to be run-blockers primarily and was then thrust right into the #2 spot when our #1 receiver went down.

    The fact that he's showing progress and has flashed at times is reason enough for me to be hopefully that he will grow into an excellent receiver for us.
    i hope you guys are right but so far hill is a jag and didnt step up when called upon. wrs drafted as high as he was are expected to produce more. a wr who constantly drops passes loses the faith of the qb throwing him the ball regardless of who it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us