Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Now that would be a very solid WR corps.
    We probably won't resign edwards though.
    Rumors are coming out Jets may rework his current deal and tac an additional year with incentives.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    Now that would be a very solid WR corps.
    We probably won't resign edwards though.
    Probably but I'm hoping he earns it over the remainder of the season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Sanchez on Braylon: "he's a great player. We have a good chemistry together. I feel confident throwing him the ball."

The REAL #1 issue that Sanchez has had all year, and has been the crux of my Sanchez argument all year. Just go back and re-watch the games in 2010
    Bray is going to teach Mark how to read defenses/coverages? To feel the rush/dump the ball so he doesn't get strip sacked? To not throw picks in the red zone? His presence will elevate Mark's abysmal accuracy so he doesn't over/under throw receivers?

Good luck. Sanchez is a mush and done.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Bray is going to teach Mark how to read defenses/coverages? To feel the rush/dump the ball so he doesn't get strip sacked? To not throw picks in the red zone? His presence will elevate Mark's abysmal accuracy so he doesn't over/under throw receivers?

Good luck. Sanchez is a mush and done.
    lol - Bray is going to be Burgess Meredith to Sly Stallone

"C'mon Rock!!!' Cue 80's training montage . . .

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz Sanchez on Braylon: "he's a great player. We have a good chemistry together. I feel confident throwing him the ball."

The REAL #1 issue that Sanchez has had all year, and has been the crux of my Sanchez argument all year. Just go back and re-watch the games in 2010
    Have to admit, I've been down on Mark the past few weeks but this move could potentially save him if these two hookup anywhere near the way they did in 2010. He's looked like a completely different guy since losing Braylon.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, some good news to talk about. I think adding Braylon is an excellent move. He was very good for us back 09 and 10. Here's hoping he can give the offense a spark. I also think this is great for Sanchez. IMO, besides Jerricho Cotchery, Edwards was the only guy Sanchez has ever had chemistry with.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Finally, some good news to talk about. I think adding Braylon is an excellent move. He was very good for us back 09 and 10. Here's hoping he can give the offense a spark. I also think this is great for Sanchez. IMO, besides Jerricho Cotchery, Edwards was the only guy Sanchez has ever had chemistry with.
    Exactly, if you are going to keep bringing in these no name scrubs off the street, you might as well bring in a guy who our troubled QB had his best success with. Who knows? Maybe they find some success again.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Props to the Jets for acting quickly and giving Edwards a full week to work out with the team before the Tennessee game. Doesn't hurt that Tennessee is weak against the pass either, it should allow Sanchez and Edwards to hook up a few times and get used to each other again.

And hey, if the Sanchez/Edwards combo can work a little of it's old magic in the remaining games maybe Braylon can earn himself a spot on next years team too. Win-Win all around. GO JETS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by will7046 View Post
    This gave me chills
    TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE!! TEACH ME (X2) HOW TO DOUGIE!!!

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    It feels great to be going home. Thanks to all of jet nation that continuously supported me and pushed for me. I'm back and it's go timr
    This is what I think. The guy hated it in San Francisco and Seattle. Wanted to find a way to get out of Seattle. Knew that if he could get out he would be Jet. Said something stupid for Seattle to cut him. Would not be surprised if there is some sort of tampering case. Just seems a little to fishy. He calls out the front office who eventually picks him up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    It feels great to be going home. Thanks to all of jet nation that continuously supported me and pushed for me. I'm back and it's go timr
    This is what I think. The guy hated it in San Francisco and Seattle. Wanted to find a way to get out of Seattle. Knew that if he could get out he would be a Jet. Said something stupid for Seattle to cut him. Would not be surprised if there is some sort of tampering case. Just seems a little to fishy. He calls out the front office who eventually picks him up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    Forget for a second that he played for us once before. He's the best WR on the market with size/speed matchup problems for many CB's and he comes with playoff experience should we make the playoffs he will be someone that defenses have to account for. Without Holmes that's more than you can say for anyone else on our roster, even Keller.

So why the slight noise from our fans? Hill is hurt, what do you expect them to do, sign another practice squad WR instead of admitting the mistake of letting him go the first time? He should have been signed to a contract offer even if Holmes is a slightly better player because we didn't have a adequate backup if Holmes got hurt.
    The timing actually works out well for the Jets. To be fair he was carrying a knee injury when they released him earlier which subsequently deteriorated...

But BE is a proud dude and mean sonavub@tch WR. From his twitter accounts he's just aching to get out there and vindicate his re-signing. The Titans secondary ain't the greatest so Mark and BE will get their chances to air it out.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    x10000

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    lol - Bray is going to be Burgess Meredith to Sly Stallone

"C'mon Rock!!!' Cue 80's training montage . . .
    Absolutely love the imagery and use of the word montage.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    VIN--dicated at last
    As Jim Ross once said :

"Business is about to pick up..."

Seriously, though, I see this as nothing more than putting out the best player the Jets could get at this point.

I doubt he is given any sort of contract to return next year but then again.....These are the JETS.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...and the circus adds another ring. We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    9-7, no playoffs.... yay

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now bring back Clowney

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love this move! Brings the chemistry back with Sanchez.

http://youtu.be/4BibSF_3ZAo
    Last edited by NYDreamer; 12-11-2012 at 06:48 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The beard is back the beard is back