Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Pete Carroll on Braylon Edwards' hamstring injury: "We thought he had a 3-week injury or so....We weren’t sure he would make it back."

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    According to practice report, Braylon was full go

Will Pete Carroll be fined? http://www.jetsconfidential.com/news...roll-be-fined/

This is bizarre. Carroll doesn't think Braylon is healthy enough to play now, and the Jets are bringing him in to play. Never a dull moment.

"A Jets spokesperson said the team would not address Carroll's comments Wednesday." - Conor Orr, Star-Ledger

P. Carroll said Seattle waived Braylon because they thought he’d be out for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury. Obviously the Jets don't agree.
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-12-2012 at 07:23 PM.

Braylon practiced when? Odd.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Pete Carroll on Braylon Edwards' hamstring injury: "We thought he had a 3-week injury or so....We weren’t sure he would make it back."

Dan Leberfeld ‏@jetswhispers
    According to practice report, Braylon was full go

Will Pete Carroll be fined? http://www.jetsconfidential.com/news...roll-be-fined/

This is bizarre. Carroll doesn't think Braylon is healthy enough to play now, and the Jets are bringing him in to play. Never a dull moment.

"A Jets spokesperson said the team would not address Carroll's comments Wednesday." - Conor Orr, Star-Ledger

P. Carroll said Seattle waived Braylon because they thought he’d be out for 3 weeks with a hamstring injury. Obviously the Jets don't agree.
    Braylon was a full go in practice?.....Sheesh, i dont have time to scan all these pages, is this guy even healthy? Doesnt a physical have to be passed?

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    As I said in my post, play the young players.

Short on receivers? We're not throwing the ball more than 20-25x a game the rest of the way. You have Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard, White and Gates will be back. Play them. Want to sign someone? Sign someone who, I don't know, isn't a blithering idiot and might already know parts of the playbook because he spent some time here during Training Camp, like Patrick Turner.
    We have Kerley. THAT'S IT!

Schilens/Gilyard/White/Gates are all GARBAGE!!!

Are you their agent or a relative of theirs by any chance? 'Cause those are the only people who THINK they're anything more than JAGs.

Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    To each his own, gents.

Enjoy the diminishing Braylon's three games in an offense he's unfamiliar with.

Should be a thrill watching balls bounce off his helmet.
    Just say "I hate Braylon Edwards and wish he never was brought back".

At least THEN you wouldn't be LYING.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sdJETSetter View Post
    Braylon was a full go in practice?.....Sheesh, i dont have time to scan all these pages, is this guy even healthy? Doesnt a physical have to be passed?
    It was during his last week in Seattle. The point was he was healthy all week and Pete C is now claiming he was injured. If that was true he should have been on their injury report.

@jetswhispers: Edwards wasn't listed for Chicago game http://t.co/zEODIYt1

@jetswhispers: Since Braylon wasn't listed with hamstring leading up to Chicago game, and was waived injured last week, did injury occur in the Bear game?

@jetswhispers: Weird story. Carroll says Braylon won't be ready for few weeks. Jets bring him to help now. Let's see if there is a leak to AS or MM tonite.
    Last edited by C Mart; 12-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    It was during his last week in Seattle. The point was he was healthy all week and Pete C is now claiming he was injured. If that was true he should have been on their injury report.
    Carroll hates the Jets (I know it is different ownership).

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Carroll hates the Jets (I know it is different ownership).
    If he hated the Jets, he wouldn't have "let Braylon go" like this.

(or maybe he would've. Who knows what goes on in that pea-brain of his? )

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Braylon Edwards is washed up. His acquisition is the proverbial deck chair on the Titanic.

For that reason I can't get too worked up about it. It's a non-factor. And maybe the benefit will be that the Braylonites can finally see with their own eyes that the guy has nothing left in the tank, maybe they will shut up about him when he isn't here next season.

We'll find out, Traitor.

I'm a bit skeptical myself.....(don't be shocked. I'm just trying to be realistic)

And I'm just hoping that he can show that *maybe* he has something left and his "injury" doesn't hamper him to the point where he can't even be a Possession receiver in the NFL or something.....

It's called being "Cautiously Optimistic" on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenReaper View Post
    I'm sure the Jets are not getting the 2010 version of Braylon. But...

Sanchez has another receiver besides the injury plagued Keller, that he's had good chemistry with...and trusts.

Edwards may still be effective in small spaces, as was the case with Burress last year.

So if the Jets can pull off a miracle and get in the redzone...its possible Edwards can use his experience to get quick separation; then use his height and length for a TD or two. Between the 20's...maybe he and Sanchez can execute a backdoor reception to help keep a drive alive.

Right now the Jets have nothing more then a popgun offense. So...

Braylon-Keller-Kerley-Cumberland and Schilens...are better targets for Sanchez, then the inexperienced WR's du jour, of Gates-Gilyard and White bunch...to make some plays through the air, and help move the chains and keep drives alive.

Believe me...I'm not expecting much. Everything I've said is all speculation.

We'll all have to wait and see on MNF, what Edwards has left. It certainly perks up my interest for the game. And I'm sure the presence of Braylon is a positive perk for Sanchez too.
    This. BE may have lost a step but I like his spirit and drive in the redzone. The dude's a fighter and plays with a chip on his shoulder. This is what we need at this stage of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    This. BE may have lost a step but I like his spirit and drive in the redzone. The dude's a fighter and plays with a chip on his shoulder. This is what we need at this stage of the season.
    couldnt agree more. braylon edwards a step slower is 100x better than the slugs we've been auditioning at wr this season. hill had 1 good game and many drops. kerley ok at times not super. gilyard not bad in 1 game. the rest are non existent.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    I don't trust Carroll's judgment. This is the same guy who thought he could pay the 2006 USC team like they were in the NFL and then get away with it.
    But he is also the one who said Sanchez wasn't ready to go to the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Well, implicit in that statement is he'd be ready at some point, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Maybe once Braylon takes Sanchez down to belle isle all will be OK. The guy was caught leaving a gay hang out and then crashed with a male friend. Yet he is a savior here. The guy has been cut by two teams in two years ,calls out our management,drives around with our franchise left tackle and blows a .16. Plus he has a bad knee

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Well, implicit in that statement is he'd be ready at some point, so no.
    I disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    We have Kerley. THAT'S IT!

Schilens/Gilyard/White/Gates are all GARBAGE!!!

Are you their agent or a relative of theirs by any chance? 'Cause those are the only people who THINK they're anything more than JAGs.

Just say "I hate Braylon Edwards and wish he never was brought back".

At least THEN you wouldn't be LYING.
    They are garbage as featured players, agreed, but I actually think Schilens, Gates, and even Gilyard can be decent complimentary players.

You put these guys on the field with the impact of a #1 WR, it does wonders for a passing game, with Holmes out, the Jets have been missing this all year.

Obviously, we don't know what Edwards can offer right now, but if healthy, and truly over his knee issue, he's still just 29, I'm anxious to see what he has these last 3 games, to evaluate him for next year.

A healthy Edwards, Holmes, and then Hill, Kerley, and even Schilens/Gates/Gilyard? That looks pretty good. Best part, is Edwards' potential price tag, it will be cheap, and Edwards is a great fit in NY, wants to be here, and is a NY type of player.

All Pro
    Braylon is not going to fix suckchez not sure why everyone thinks he will be a good qb now.

Quote Originally Posted by auctionking View Post
    Maybe once Braylon takes Sanchez down to belle isle all will be OK. The guy was caught leaving a gay hang out and then crashed with a male friend. Yet he is a savior here. The guy has been cut by two teams in two years ,calls out our management,drives around with our franchise left tackle and blows a .16. Plus he has a bad knee
    A gay hang-out? GROW UP!

TMZ puts up a picture of Braylon obviously horsing around with his friend at a party(surrounded by women, too) and yet you still believe whatever crap headlines that TMZ puts up.

I have to wonder...

If TMZ ever said that the world is actually flat, would you believe them?

Oh and GFY!

Thank you.
    Last edited by Vin; 12-13-2012 at 06:10 AM.

Braylon's gonna catch 9 passes and score 2 TD's on sunday. Raymond Felton sucks on every other team in the NBA but on the Knicks he plays like an all star. Braylon on one knee in a Jet uniform will be reborn with Dennis Byrd's spirit inside. Braylon loves being a Jet like Felton loves being a Knick ... On one knee Braylon puts up Megatron numbers on sunday and Sanchez plays his best game ever.

Pimp dream I know but hell nothing else has done right this season ... Leave me alone

Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

Pimp dream I know but hell nothing else has done right this season ...
    I always dream of being a pimp

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    Braylon is not going to fix suckchez not sure why everyone thinks he will be a good qb now.
    How many more times and how many threads are you going to repeat the same crap?