Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

http://youtu.be/vWz9VN40nCA

This Olivia Newton John video used to make me horny.

SAR I

Maybe Schottenheimer made Sanchez good?

Maybe a Wide receiver can win games strictly through reverses?

Maybe Braylon isn't done?

Maybe this LSD of Optimism will never wear off?

Inconsequential signing of inconsequence.

Jerry Rice in his prime would stink with this guy playing QB.

I foresee a concussion on a 5 yard in thrown high in Braylon's future. Probably a career ender.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How are the JETS a professional team?

Like keystone cops

Who's on first
    What were our alternatives??? 2009 looked JUST like this and Braylon is VERY inexpensive and CAN'T hurt.

If we win out, a long shot but possible, playoffs are possible.

The twitter comments are well... no big deal.

Braylon, like you and me, have a LOT of support for our critical view of management. Does that mean we throw in the towel?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who's running your classroom while you post this same rant 400 times a day
    I lol'd.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    who's running your classroom while you post this same rant 400 times a day
    Those baskets practically weave themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    2009 looked JUST like this and Braylon is VERY inexpensive and CAN'T hurt.
    2009 Jets had the best defense, running game, and o-line in football.

They looked nothing like this.

What were our alternatives??? 2009 looked JUST like this and Braylon is VERY inexpensive and CAN'T hurt.

If we win out, a long shot but possible, playoffs are possible.

The twitter comments are well... no big deal.

Braylon, like you and me, have a LOT of support for our critical view of management. Does that mean we throw in the towel?
    Thanks for the response SP, I have a big problem with the discipline that this organization doesnt display and this just adds to it

Was he the ONLY Wr that could have been signed?

Like I said earlier, I'd have signed the next best Wr and gone into battle with what I have rather than with a player who just disrespected me and publicly called me an idiot.

The JETS do nothing "big picture", they have no long term philosophy.

Think the Steelers are worried about who will play RB on Sunday?

49ers worried that the rbs will be thin without Jacobs?

Of course they aren't. They believe that someone will step up. That someone will be so pissed at the players for disrespecting the team and take advantage of the opportunity. And if they dont win on Sunday, they know that it is best for the team long term. So everyone else stays in line.

Only the current JETS would sign a player that just disrespected them.

Think about it, Edwards hasnt played for the JETS in almost 3 seasons but he found it neccessary to tweet that the JETS are idiots? This is the type of player you want to add to the mix? On top of a two week period in the NFL where you had tragedies in KC and Dallas with players acting recklessly the JETS giove a break to a player that not only disrespected them but has a history of acting recklessly off the field?

I'd rather lose without him (and I was a HUGE Braylon Ewards fan.)

You cant continue to send messages to the players that you can disrespect the JETS and its ok.
    Last edited by copernicus; 12-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    2009 Jets had the best defense, running game, and o-line in football.

They looked nothing like this.
    I meant record wise. We needed to win the last 2 games AND have certain events happen.

I do not mean to compare this TEAM to that TEAM. My bad if YOU misunderstood.

BTW...that 2009 D showed up in the 2nd half against the colts.

Like I said earlier, I'd have signed the next best Wr and gone into battle with them rather than a player would just called me an idiot.

Only the current JETS would sign a player that just called them idiots

Think about it, Edwards hasnt played for the JETS in almost 3 seasons but he found it neccessary to tweet that the JETS are idiots? This is the type of player you want to add to the mix? On top of a two week period where you had tragedies in KC and Dallas with players acting recklessly?

You cant continue to send messages to the players that you can disrespect the JETS and it ok.
    No. This is because they have backups who can actually play and aren't injured. Meanwhile due to injury we we're forced to trot out Mardy f'n Gilyard as our one of our starting WR's. Tannenbaum knows that if he doesn't do something fast he's getting canned or demoted. There comes a certain point where you throw up your hands and say "F*** it. If this guy can come in and help save my job, he can call me any name he wants". You think that locker room really gives 2 sh*ts about what Braylon said??? Hell after the way this season has gone, I wouldn't be shocked if most of the players actually AGREE with him. But please, don't let any of this completely relevant information stop you from posting your same obnoxious rant that has cluttered the board since the offseason.

I meant record wise. We needed to win the last 2 games AND have certain events happen.

I do not mean to compare this TEAM to that TEAM. My bad if YOU misunderstood.

BTW...that 2009 D showed up in the 2nd half against the colts.
    And they weren't burnt out by bailing out a horrid rookie QB just like Thomas Jones didn't basically end his career bailing him out that year either.

Same goes for LT in 2010.

I have yet to see any of the critics of this move come up with the name of someone they would have signed instead of Edwards.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    And they weren't burnt out by bailing out a horrid rookie QB just like Thomas Jones didn't basically end his career bailing him out that year either.

Same goes for LT in 2010.
    I haven't been upbeat ALL YEAR by the JETS ..stop pi$$ing on my parade by bringing in facts!

Thanks for the response SP, I have a big problem with the discipline that this organization doesnt display and this just adds to it

Like I said earlier, I'd have signed the next best Wr and gone into battle with what I have rather than with a player who would just disrespected me and called me an idiot.

Of course they aren't. They believe that someone will step up. That someone will be so pissed at the players for disrespecting the team and take advantage of the opportunity. And if they dont win on Sunday, they know that it is best for the team long term. So everyone else stays in line.

Only the current JETS would sign a player that just disrespected them.

Think about it, Edwards hasnt played for the JETS in almost 3 seasons but he found it neccessary to tweet that the JETS are idiots? This is the type of player you want to add to the mix? On top of a two week period in the NFL where you had tragedies in KC and Dallas with players acting recklessly the JETS giove a break to a player that not only disrespected them but has a history of acting recklessly off the field?

You cant continue to send messages to the players that you can disrespect the JETS and it ok.
    You are the troll of all trolls.

The events in KC and Dallas have absolutely no bearing on Braylon as a human being or the Jets as an organization. Shame on you for even making the comparison.

Secondly, this board calls the front office a bunch of idiots everyday. The media more or less refers to them as idiots everyday. A player does it and WHOA! the OUTRAGE! Only in Jets land.

It's a league of criticism. Every player, coach and GM. People will always talk about the bad job you are doing, how you shouldn't have your job, and who could be doing it better. You think being called an idiot offends them?

It's funny you talk about discipline problems and quote the Steelers as a model organization. Except for their quarterback raping a woman, sure. they're pristine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    You are the troll of all trolls.

The events in KC and Dallas have absolutely no bearing on Braylon as a human being or the Jets as an organization. Shame on you for even making the comparison.

Secondly, this board calls the front office a bunch of idiots everyday. The media more or less refers to them as idiots everyday. A player does it and WHOA! the OUTRAGE! Only in Jets land.

It's a league of criticism. Every player, coach and GM. People will always talk about the bad job you are doing, how you shouldn't have your job, and who could be doing it better. You think being called an idiot offends them?

It's funny you talk about discipline problems and quote the Steelers as a model organization. Except for their quarterback raping a woman, they're pristine.
    This is my favorite example that gets overlooked when discussing that organization. People may hate Holmes and point to that trade as to how well run the Steelers are, but what is often overlooked is Holmes was traded because of the nightclub incident. An incident that would later show that Holmes did absolutely nothing and the woman wasn't even pressing charges.

The Steelers saw this as a perfect way to send a message and cover up what Ben did without having to part ways with their rapist of a QB. But now that the facts are out regarding the Holmes case, what message did they really send?

Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post
    No. This is because they have backups who can actually play and aren't injured. Meanwhile due to injury we we're forced to trot out Mardy f'n Gilyard as our one of our starting WR's. Tannenbaum knows that if he doesn't do something fast he's getting canned or demoted. There comes a certain point where you throw up your hands and say "F*** it. If this guy can come in and help save my job, he can call me any name he wants". You think that locker room really gives 2 sh*ts about what Braylon said??? Hell after the way this season has gone, I wouldn't be shocked if most of the players actually AGREE with him. But please, don't let any of this completely relevant information stop you from posting your same obnoxious rant that has cluttered the board since the offseason.

This is my favorite example that gets overlooked when discussing that organization. People may hate Holmes and point to that trade as to how well run the Steelers are, but what is often overlooked is Holmes was traded because of the nightclub incident. An incident that would later show that Holmes did absolutely nothing and the woman wasn't even pressing charges.

The Steelers saw this as a perfect way to send a message and cover up what Ben did without having to part ways with their rapist of a QB. But now that the facts are out regarding the Holmes case, what message did they really send?
    Indeed. Tone gets way to much flack for dumb ****. Guy just says it how it is and people get all butthurt.

I'm sure the Jets are not getting the 2010 version of Braylon. But...

Sanchez has another receiver besides the injury plagued Keller, that he's had good chemistry with...and trusts.

Edwards may still be effective in small spaces, as was the case with Burress last year.

So if the Jets can pull off a miracle and get in the redzone...its possible Edwards can use his experience to get quick separation; then use his height and length for a TD or two. Between the 20's...maybe he and Sanchez can execute a backdoor reception to help keep a drive alive.

Right now the Jets have nothing more then a popgun offense. So...

Braylon-Keller-Kerley-Cumberland and Schilens...are better targets for Sanchez, then the inexperienced WR's du jour, of Gates-Gilyard and White bunch...to make some plays through the air, and help move the chains and keep drives alive.

Believe me...I'm not expecting much. Everything I've said is all speculation.

We'll all have to wait and see on MNF, what Edwards has left. It certainly perks up my interest for the game. And I'm sure the presence of Braylon is a positive perk for Sanchez too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    I have yet to see any of the critics of this move come up with the name of someone they would have signed instead of Edwards.

Anyone?
    no matter who they signed the sojfs would have complained.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    One week avatar bet with anyone and everyone that Edwards has at least one TD catch Monday night.

I'll display the guy wearing a diaper a la Baby Huey in exchange for you doing the same.
    No takers on my avatar bet? C'mon, who's game? The avatar is quite becoming.

All League

this guy gets it