Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Vets typically have to pay or do a favor for their number.
    maybe he can teach jordan white how to be a succesful wr.

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Kerley (52), Keller (28) & Schilens (26) all with more catches than Edwards (23)combined past 2 yrs.Cumberland (22), Hill (21) close behind.

Veteran
    Luv it!!

What is BE's twitter handle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    the fans are the idiots.
    Just the fans? Don't forget the front office.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Luv it!!

/OfficialBraylon

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer
    Kerley (52), Keller (28) & Schilens (26) all with more catches than Edwards (23)combined past 2 yrs.Cumberland (22), Hill (21) close behind.
    question, KristianR

how many catches does Khalil Bell have the last two seasons. The one I saw him catch two weeks ago he managed to fumble away to the Cardinals

All Pro
    the negativity on this board is hilarious ..

Guess ur gonna have to hate me. Cause I'm pulling for this team to win out and I hope Braylon and Sanchez have a game like the 1st time they hooked up in 09 vs the dolphins

And all fails and all we get out of this is him teaching hill how to be a big WR in this league ill take it..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 12-11-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Luv it!!

@BadKnee

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't think he is talking about Edwards as a player, rather the fact that he publicly dissed the organization and then they go out and sign him.
    itís an unprofessional remark.
    anyway, iím happy Edwards is back.
    I hope he can re-vive his career, and that of Sanchez.

All Pro
    What gets lost in that move especially going forward, Braylon Edwards is only 29 YEARS OLD! If healthy and another offseason should be enough to get back on track, then we have found a great addition to our receiving corps. Even if he will only be a number three receiver, he will be a huge upgrade over everything named Schilens, Gates or Gilyard...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    In San Fran he was injured.

In Seattle, he was the 4th string wide receiver.

If his knee holds up it should be fine.

Like I said, was it dumb when the Pats brought Deion Branch back after doing absolutely nothing in Seattle when they let him go. Oh wait, I forgot that the Pats can do no wrong.
    He wasn't doing sh*t in San Fran even when he was healthy.

And aside from Rice, Seattle's receiving corps isn't much better than ours. Yet he was still buried on the depth chart.

And this isn't even remotely comparable to the Deion Branch situation. You know why?

Tom Brady

You know, the same guy who over the course of his career has made players like David Patten, David Givens and Donte Stallworth look serviceable.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    the negativity on this board is hilarious ..

Guess ur gonna have to hate me. Cause I'm pulling for this team to win out and I hope Braylon and Sanchez have a game like the 1st the hooked up in 09 vs the dolphins
    plus a million

but be prepared, the whining brigade will be looking for ya

Damien Woody ‏@damienwoody
    I know ppl are excited to see @OfficialBraylon back but lets see what the man can do b4 anointing him the savior! #nyj

I love how everyone is bashing this move because he called out the Jets FO.

Did it ever occur to anyone the REASON why he said that was because he was actually sticking up for Sanchez even though he was on another team?

I think it's a testament to how much chemistry they had/have.

All League
    Holmes (ugh), Hill, Edwards, Kerley, [Early Draft pick] is a suddenly respectable WR corp in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    He wasn't doing sh*t in San Fran even when he was healthy.

And aside from Rice, Seattle's receiving corps isn't much better than ours. Yet he was still buried on the depth chart.

And this isn't even remotely comparable to the Deion Branch situation. You know why?

Tom Brady

You know, the same guy who over the course of his career has made players like David Patten, David Givens and Donte Stallworth look serviceable.
    I knew you where going to say that.

How'd Gaffney & Ochocinco work out for NE?

If you don't have it, you don't have it. Regardless of who the QB is.

Point is, why not at least give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad move.

I'm just not expecting anything out of him.

I see the move for what it is, someone to hold the fort until Hill gets healthy.

We aren't getting the Braylon from 2-3 years ago.

If he was still that player, then he'd still be in San Francisco. Not bouncing around to 3 different teams in less than two seasons.
    The Braylon of 2-3 years ago was healthy, that is probably one of the bigger reasons they didn't bring him back sooner, that and his legal and off-the-field issues.

I read the team may rework his contract and add a year, meaning this isn't just a 3 game rental, which should be music to anyone's ears, why?

1. The team doesn't make this move if they don't think Edwards is healthy or past his knee issues

2. It's a move that adds a LOT to a deprived WR unit, a potential 2013 WR group of Holmes, Edwards, Hill, and Kerley next year is looking pretty damn good, and they did it by adding an NFL minimum contract, Edwards is still just 29 yrs old.

3. Edwards unbridled support for Sanchez and the fact that Sanchez excelled when Edwards was on the roster and in the offense.

This is a win-win-win

But SOJF find something to ***** about ...

In your case, Edwards doesn't produce enough fantasy points, so why the excitement...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    the fans are the idiots.
    Why?

Because some of us aren't jumping for joy over bringing back a burnt out receiver who hasn't done dick in two seasons?

Okay

All League
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    What gets lost in that move especially going forward, Braylon Edwards is only 29 YEARS OLD! If healthy and another offseason should be enough to get back on track, then we have found a great addition to our receiving corps. Even if he will only be a number three receiver, he will be a huge upgrade over everything named Schilens, Gates or Gilyard...
    It's a good move and not a huge risk. At the very least with Sanchez playing so poorly you're bringing in a guy he once had success throwing the ball to. Plus given the lack of any depth at WR right now, it's a move the team had to make