Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    It's just another act in the circus.

Foolish move on the part of the Jets.
    How? We are down to Schilens and Kerley as our starting wideouts. As crazy as it sounds, even to you, the Jets are trying to position themselves for a playoff run. They needed a wideout, so why not sign a guy who has a great connection with our struggling quarterback? While he may not be the same receiver he was when he left, he still gives Sanchez that little extra boost of confidence when he's about to throw the ball.

We needed a receiver and we got one. What would have been a better move? Re-signing Jason Hill so he can drop another pass?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    All eight receptions?

BTW, Randy Moss found someone named Tom Brady. Wish we had a Tom Brady.
    He's actually made a few nifty plays that were ruled either out of bounds or overturned after a challenge. Sorry I'm not just reading a stat off the website, I'm saying he's PHYSICALLY CAPABLE of making plays for the Jets down the stretch.

The people criticizing this pickup are being difficult for the sake of being difficult.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    He's actually made a few nifty plays that were ruled either out of bounds or overturned after a challenge. Sorry I'm not just reading a stat off the website, I'm saying he's PHYSICALLY CAPABLE of making plays for the Jets down the stretch.

The people criticizing this pickup are being difficult for the sake of being difficult.
    So now we're celebrating this because he's "physically capable"? Awesome. Cool story bro. Usian Bolt is physically capable, too. Should we sign him? Give him a shot?

The guy is a malcontent and has diminished skills. It's the people treating this move like it's some great, wise decision that will lead us to the promised land that are out of their skulls.

It's not just reading a stat line, it's watching football. 22 receptions in two years speaks volumes. He's been non-existent on a 49er team with zero wide receivers in 2011, before and after injury, and in Seattle where their receivers were dropping like flies this season.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now we're celebrating this because he's "physically capable"? Awesome. Cool story bro. Usian Bolt is physically capable, too. Should we sign him? Give him a shot?

The guy is a malcontent and has diminished skills. It's the people treating this move like it's some great, wise decision that will lead us to the promised land that are out of their skulls.

It's not just reading a stat line, it's watching football. 22 receptions in two years speaks volumes. He's been non-existent on a 49er team with zero wide receivers in 2011, before and after injury, and in Seattle where their receivers were dropping like flies this season.
    I think you are over reacting a bit. No one has said he is going to lead us to the promised land, just that the move makes sense considering there is no one else available and the Jets had 3 healthy WRs active after Hill's injury.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think you are over reacting a bit. No one has said he is going to lead us to the promised land, just that the move makes sense considering there is no one else available and the Jets had 3 healthy WRs active after Hill's injury.
    Just will never understand the love affair with the guy in Jets Nation. Why? 1600 yards over two years is an accomplishment for a supposed stud WR? A backflip in two playoff games that meant nothing because once again the team choked in the AFCCG? If he could catch the ball consistently, his backflips would be a little cooler. Or maybe if he tried out for Black Swan.

Just, what is it?

There's no reason to go two steps backwards. There's a reason this organization let him go. He trashes them and now you're going to pay him money for his diminished skills?

Frustrating.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    The sad thing is that Edwards is now the Jets best WR, and would have been even if Hill didn't get hurt. And he wouldn't have been far behind the #1 if Holmes hadn't gotten hurt.

And that is not an endorsement of Edward's talent, sadly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just will never understand the love affair with the guy in Jets Nation. Why? 1600 yards over two years is an accomplishment for a supposed stud WR? A backflip in two playoff games that meant nothing because once again the team choked in the AFCCG? If he could catch the ball consistently, his backflips would be a little cooler. Or maybe if he tried out for Black Swan.

Just, what is it?

There's no reason to go two steps backwards. There's a reason this organization let him go. He trashes them and now you're going to pay him money for his diminished skills?

Frustrating.
    So you'd rather sign who, exactly, in lieu of Braylon?

TO? (The guy who was cut because he did not perform as well as Braylon?)
    Jason Hill? (The guy who...sucks?)
    ?

I suppose you can critique the move, but at least provide a plausible alternative... This is an absolute no-brainer decision. A move that has the potential to jump start the currently floundering offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Just, what is it?

Frustrating.
    Actually, its frustrating arguing with Jets fans that think that it would be better to bring back Jason Hill or Patrick Turner.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Just, what is it?

Frustrating.
    RELAX. It is not frustrating. We are not going two steps backwards. Edwards is nothing more than a stopgap to finish the season. We needed a WR. He knows the system. Its that simple. Why are people making more out of this than it is. They did not sign him to some big multi year deal.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    Back in the right colors pic.twitter.com/IgYXaOdN

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Just, what is it?

Frustrating.
    So who would you rather they sign? Its not like the Jets have a bunch of young talent at WR right now, right now going into this week they will have Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard as healthy options.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    RELAX. It is not frustrating. We are not going two steps backwards. Edwards is nothing more than a stopgap to finish the season. We needed a WR. He knows the system. Its that simple. Why are people making more out of this than it is. They did not sign him to some big multi year deal.
    How does he know the system? Tony Sparano came here this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Malcontent? Other then the DUI, what has this guy done wrong in the last 5 years? He loves being a Jet. It's a ZERO risk, high reward move. With the corps we have right now, I don't know how anyone can say this is a bad move, especially with who is available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So who would you rather they sign? Its not like the Jets have a bunch of young talent at WR right now, right now going into this week they will have Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard as healthy options.
    If Gates can't return, Turner, or here's a novel concept for Rex & Co: Jordan White. I know what he said about White being a slot guy and Kerley and blah, blah, blah, but Kerley has played outside before, so has White, so spare me on that one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Malcontent? Other then the DUI, what has this guy done wrong in the last 5 years? He loves being a Jet. It's a ZERO risk, high reward move. With the corps we have right now, I don't know how anyone can say this is a bad move, especially with who is available.
    I seem to remember a bar fight, as well as all the stupid things he says on social media.

The FACT that he's been released from two playoff teams in December isn't a red flag to you or anyone else?

Okay then.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does he know the system? Tony Sparano came here this season.
    Run at half-speed two yards short of the first down marker, cut left.

Not very hard at all.

SAR I

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Just, what is it?

Frustrating.
    In the offense we had while he was here i think not even Calvin Johnson wouldve had back to back 1000yds seasons. Our offense wasnt made for WR to have huge stats. We were a running team. Guess you still didnt get that memo..
    Fact is Braylon played very good the time he was here. He made alot of big plays for us. The long pass against the Colts, Texans, multiple TD catches against the Patriots..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Gates can't return, Turner, or here's a novel concept for Rex & Co: Jordan White. I know what he said about White being a slot guy and Kerley and blah, blah, blah, but Kerley has played outside before, so has White, so spare me on that one.
    Oh the same Jordan White that didn't record a catch against 4th stringers in the preseason? Good idea.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Turner?? The guy is slower than a TE. Even with Braylon, White may be active, that will give the Jets 5 healthy WRs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I seem to remember a bar fight, as well as all the stupid things he says on social media.

The FACT that he's been released from two playoff teams in December isn't a red flag to you or anyone else?

Okay then.
    U remember a bar fight that happen while he was a brown really?

Not to mention both cases are a thing of the past.

What has he done since call out jets front office while backing Sanchez.. Ooh big ****ing deal.

Well it sounds like the boys are happy he is back and that's all that matters..

"Itís a good comfort level for him," Harris said. "When he was here before he had a good connection with him. He goes out and lays it on the line for his quarterback, diving for passes, jumping over guys. Even better as a run-blocker, which he doesnít get credit for. Heís going to be another huge piece for our wide receiver corps. Professional guy. So we look for a lot of positive things from him."

"I was always fond of Braylon," Moore said. "He made a lot of plays for us, won some games with him and had a lot of great experiences with him. We need the help with Stephen going down, Santonio (Holmes), and all the other injuries weíre dealing with at that position. He can come in and help us right away. ... Iím all for it."