Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Braylon Edwards is officially a NY Jet ...again.(Merged 100X)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, twitter speak gets a bit confusing sometimes. Damn 140 character limit.
    +It's not so much the character limit so much as all the extra gibberish characters @#@!@@ etc., names that are inexplicably repeated and such that does not appear when the tweets are embedded in html like they originally appeared

This isn't 2009, nor is it 2010.

"Great rapport" to me isn't 700 and 900 yards, either.

Here's the biggest note: Braylon Edwards has just 22 receptions the last two years. 22. Let that sink in. Let's also let this sink in: Over the last two years he's been CUT from two PLAYOFF teams in DECEMBER. That speaks volumes as well. He's a malcontent who has lost part of if not all of his game and now, after calling the organization a bunch of idiots, he's going to get paid by them.

Another unbelievably dumb move by this organization. Play the unknowns and see what you have, not a 30 year-old washed up diva who thinks Mark Sanchez is the greatest thing since sliced bread. More catering to the weak little child that is Mark Sanchez, and that's Edwards' claim to fame: A mediocre binkie for Mark Sanchez. Wow. What a talent.

More like a waste of talent. As a University of Michigan fan and once big time supporter of Edwards, it's sad to see how far he is fallen.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post

Here's the biggest note: Braylon Edwards has just 22 receptions the last two years. 22. Let that sink in. Let's also let this sink in: Over the last two years he's been CUT from two PLAYOFF teams in DECEMBER. That speaks volumes as well. He's a malcontent who has lost part of if not all of his game and now, after calling the organization a bunch of idiots, he's going to get paid by them.

Another unbelievably dumb move by this organization. Play the unknowns and see what you have, not a 30 year-old washed up diva who thinks Mark Sanchez is the greatest thing since sliced bread. More catering to the weak little child that is Mark Sanchez, and that's Edwards' claim to fame: A mediocre binkie for Mark Sanchez. Wow. What a talent.

More like a waste of talent. As a University of Michigan fan and once big time supporter of Edwards, it's sad to see how far he is fallen.
    They are short on WR's. What were they supposed to do? I guess they could have signed Deion Branch, like the Patriots just did, to replace Stallworth who was on the roster for two weeks but is now on IR, to replace Julian Edelman who is out with a foot injury. There's not much out there. Have a better idea?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sameoldjets View Post
    you don't get something for nothing. edwards was/is injured. can he play? maybe. can he be effective? doubtful. seattle and sf did nothing with him and it's not like either of those teams had a lot in the receiver department.

we'll see what happens. if it helps sanchez succeed then great. i'm not olding my breath.
    Braylon was a beast for the Jets and still only 29 years of age ... but, but, but ... what is his real injury status ? His health issues with the 49'ers continued in Seattle, otherwise there is no excuse as to him not to produce.
    He was lights out with Seattle in the preseason, he had a great qb in Wilson ... was injured for a period ... surely he would produce if he was healthy ?

There is no excuse for Seattle not to keep him unless he continues to have injury woes. If he has a chronic injury, we can't expect much but it does seem like a good idea to see if he can get healthy for next year.

Will Sparano's offense slow him down ?

If nothing else it should take the pressure off the other wrs ...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    actually you two are BOTH brick walls

ray defends everything the Jets do

and you criticize everything the Jets do

alike as two peas in a pod, really....
    More like a meson: one quark one anti-quark...

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    They are short on WR's. What were they supposed to do? I guess they could have signed Deion Branch, like the Patriots just did, to replace Stallworth who was on the roster for two weeks but is now on IR, to replace Julian Edelman who is out with a foot injury. There's not much out there. Have a better idea?
    As I said in my post, play the young players.

Short on receivers? We're not throwing the ball more than 20-25x a game the rest of the way. You have Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard, White and Gates will be back. Play them. Want to sign someone? Sign someone who, I don't know, isn't a blithering idiot and might already know parts of the playbook because he spent some time here during Training Camp, like Patrick Turner.

Jets Insider VIP
    One upside that I see strongly is the
    "duck & cover" strategy.

Braylon supporters remember that he
    and Sanchez had good chemistry.
    Braylon was a legit weapon 2 years
    ago. Even if they tank in the next
    3 games, highlights from 2010 will
    be used to deflect the "Sanchez
    has no weapons" argument against
    the front office.

This is NOT a football upside, it is
    a save Tanny's job upside.

I hope there is a football upside, but
    keep in mind that NONE of the
    receivers we released have done
    well (e.g. Cotchery, B. Smith).
    Braylon, when healthy, is better than
    them.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Edwards showed up to physical on crutches, says they are a prop

-

So Bray is back and many in Jets nations think the sky is blue again. Fine if you think so, but B. E. is now JAG brought in to full a hole. Many think that some how he is going to improve Mark's decision making and accuracy instantly by his arrival. We need another receiver so Braylon is as good as any scrub that we have brought in lately.
    This signing is further proof that right from the beginning of the season we were on the road total collapse by the total mismanagement of the whole organization.
    Now we hear this could be a longer then 3 game rental and the Jets may sign him to play next year as well. Typical Tanny stupidly, but Bray will fit in quite well next season when we waste another year with this whole group who continue to be blind to the forest because the trees are blocking there view. An so the circus that is the NYJets continues to roll on !!!!!!

All Pro

Short on receivers? We're not throwing the ball more than 20-25x a game the rest of the way. You have Kerley, Schilens, Gilyard, White and Gates will be back. Play them. Want to sign someone? Sign someone who, I don't know, isn't a blithering idiot and might already know parts of the playbook because he spent some time here during Training Camp, like Patrick Turner.
    You act like the Edwards signing completely eliminates any possibility of playing the young guys.

They are here, they aren't going anywhere and they will get a chance if Edwards isn't able to contribute.

But a I'll take a healthy/motivated Edwards over any of those guys.

If his knee isn't healed and if he can't help the offense, the other guys will get their shot.

This is a classic low-risk/high-reward move. I'm surprised so many people can't/won't see it this way.

And please, don't even bring up Patrick Turner. We all know what he offers -- absolutely nothing.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    You are joking right?

In light of the recent tragic events that have happended with NFL players in Dallas and KC, the JETS reward a marginal player (at this point of his career) who has a history of reckless behavior including multiple DWIs. Oh, btw, this same player also ridiculed the JETS organization less than a week ago publicly calling them "idiots."

Great signing, he should be a wonderful influence on our younger players and fit right in with our veterans.....
    there he goes again off repeating his rant for the 14th time.

Poor Copernicus One Note

Jets Insider VIP
    I love the whining brigade all posting about Bray's age like he was nearing 40

how old IS Braylon Edwards, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I love the whining brigade all posting about Bray's age like he was nearing 40

how old IS Braylon Edwards, by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post

ZOMG! HE IS SO OLD!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    ZOMG! HE IS SO OLD!!!!!!!!!! LOL
    For me, age is not the issue; it's his current body condition. Stallworth, who is 32 years-old, caught a 63 yard TD from Brady on Monday night. He looked fast and fresh, but was still a #3/#4 receiver for the Pats.

My problem with Bray is that he's had a bunch of knee surgeries and has looked a ton slower. Plus, everyone wants to anoint him as our new #1. What? Bray's best days were three years ago.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenGeek View Post
    One upside that I see strongly is the
    "duck & cover" strategy.

Braylon supporters remember that he
    and Sanchez had good chemistry.
    Braylon was a legit weapon 2 years
    ago. Even if they tank in the next
    3 games, highlights from 2010 will
    be used to deflect the "Sanchez
    has no weapons" argument against
    the front office.

This is NOT a football upside, it is
    a save Tanny's job upside.

I hope there is a football upside, but
    keep in mind that NONE of the
    receivers we released have done
    well (e.g. Cotchery, B. Smith).
    Braylon, when healthy, is better than
    them.
    Good post.

All Pro

Considering he was hurt for most of those two years, the numbers don't mean sh!t.
    Have any other suggestions for WR'S? Maybe Detroit would loan us Megatron for a couple of games?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    For me, age is not the issue; it's his current body condition. Stallworth, who is 32 years-old, caught a 63 yard TD from Brady on Monday night. He looked fast and fresh, but was still a #3/#4 receiver for the Pats.

My problem with Bray is that he's had a bunch of knee surgeries and has looked a ton slower. Plus, everyone wants to anoint him as our new #1. What? Bray's best days were three years ago.
    Where do you get this stuff from? We had a need, he was available, he's a fan favorite, he might be good for Sanchez head, we signed him. That's it.

All League
    From what I can tell from Seattle highlights and Braylon's own tweets, he seems like he's healthy enough to contribute. For whatever reason, it just wasn't working out for him in Seattle. I love the Raymond Felton analogy...some people just want to play in NY. Randy Moss was considered "finished" when he went to Oakland, only to revive his career after leaving. I'm not expecting 2007 Braylon Edwards, but he's not a cripple-- dude's going to be a big boost to the Jets offense down the stretch.

1.) This was said about Braylon before he became a Jet. Malcontent who has a drop problem. When he was here, he had less drops than any other reciever other than cotch.

2.) I started a thread about this and got hammered. But this yet again proves my point. The fans have given up on the season and want to test new players, the organization and the players on the roster are in a playoff hunt.
    So they're not going to be playing Patrick F*ckin Turner for Christ Sakes.