Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy Theory

Conspiracy Theory

My brother just came up with this one. I don't buy in, but I thought it was interesting.

Rex and the rest of the Jets organization knows that McElroy at this moment gives the Jets the best chance to win, but they also know he has an expiration tag because once NFL D coaches have enough film on him, he will be ineffective. With this knowledge they are avoiding going to McElroy unless it is absolutely needed for the win. They never dreamed in a million years that they could not beat the Jags with Sanchez, which is why they removed the temptation (and pressure) of having McElroy available by removing him from the active roster this past week.

The plan going forward is to attempt to make the playoffs by winning out going with Sanchez until he craps the bed requiring the insertion of McElroy. This plan is an effort to limit the amount for film on McElroy for the purpose of increasing McElroy's effectiveness when he does play in the few reamining games and/or the playoffs.

According to my brother, this also explains Rex's tortured logic regarding McElroy being inactive this past week and his Mark gives us the best chance to win mantra. IMO, Rex is just stupid, and could never be this devious in his thinking, but I though I'd toss it out there because I can't call my brother an idiot -- I love the guy.

All League
    You might get trolled, but man, I like this theory.

That's a brilliant theory, Hermione. There's only one problem; there's nothing written in this diary.

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    You might get trolled, but man, I like this theory.
    My problem with it is that it deems that Rex has a certain level of strategic thinking and deviousness that is beyond that which he has demonstrated.

But is the logic sound? What's more valuable: Keeping McElroy off game tape or giving him game experience? It's a tough call.

All League
    This is why I love this site

Veteran
    Lol McElroy is horrible. He did exactly what Sanchez did in the 2nd half, hand the ball off. 29 yards on 6 completions.

I know people want McElroy because he is not Sanchez. The fact is he's worse and not the answer.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

No chance.

In the NFL it's all about job security.

If Sanchez wins out and gets us in the playoffs and then genius Rex puts in McElroy who gets destroyed, Rex will be annihilated by the media.

It might be the smart move, but the coach will never do it because the safer move is better for their career. Same thing as going for it on 4th and short.

Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    My problem with it is that it deems that Rex has a certain level of strategic thinking and deviousness that is beyond that which he has demonstrated.

But is the logic sound? What's more valuable: Keeping McElroy off game tape or giving him game experience? It's a tough call.
    Yes, I like the thinking but I'm under the impression that Rex and co. spend their "strategy" sessions eating ribs, playing ping pong, telling fart jokes and snapping each other with towels

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    Yes, I like the thinking but I'm under the impression that Rex and co. spend their "strategy" sessions eating ribs, playing ping pong, telling fart jokes and snapping each other with towels
    Hahahahahaha

And no. Rex is not that calculated. Not even close.

So wait, basically the plan here is to save McElroy for the playoffs so we catch everyone off guard?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I dunno, I would think that the film on our O-line and recievers would be more important than any film on him.

His lack of in-game experience would inversely cancel out anything we would gain by witholding him for film purposes I would imagine.

I like that your brother is nuts like we are though.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

This is news? Come on!!!!! This was the plan all along and it goes a bit further.

Sanchez sneaks us into the playoffs but plays like garbage. Mac takes us to the Super Bowl. And Tebow wins us the big game. Tebow must be the starter in the big game just for the media week.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    This is news? Come on!!!!! This was the plan all along and it goes a bit further.

Sanchez sneaks us into the playoffs but plays like garbage. Mac takes us to the Super Bowl. And Tebow wins us the big game. Tebow must be the starter in the big game just for the media week.
    lolz

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SONNY WERBLIN View Post
    My brother just came up with this one. I don't buy in, but I thought it was interesting.

Rex and the rest of the Jets organization knows that McElroy at this moment gives the Jets the best chance to win, but they also know he has an expiration tag because once NFL D coaches have enough film on him, he will be ineffective. With this knowledge they are avoiding going to McElroy unless it is absolutely needed for the win. They never dreamed in a million years that they could not beat the Jags with Sanchez, which is why they removed the temptation (and pressure) of having McElroy available by removing him from the active roster this past week.

The plan going forward is to attempt to make the playoffs by winning out going with Sanchez until he craps the bed requiring the insertion of McElroy. This plan is an effort to limit the amount for film on McElroy for the purpose of increasing McElroy's effectiveness when he does play in the few reamining games and/or the playoffs.

According to my brother, this also explains Rex's tortured logic regarding McElroy being inactive this past week and his Mark gives us the best chance to win mantra. IMO, Rex is just stupid, and could never be this devious in his thinking, but I though I'd toss it out there because I can't call my brother an idiot -- I love the guy.
    Hmmm....

You can't call you're brother an idiot, but we most certainly can.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    So wait, basically the plan here is to save McElroy for the playoffs so we catch everyone off guard?

SAR I

This is the Teblow wildcat theory reworked. That we held it back until Thanksgiving to blow away the pets. This would work about as well as that turned out.

I prefer the theory that Joe Willie has secretly been taking rejuvenation drugs and is waiting for us to back into the playoffs before jumping in and taking us to a superbowl win.

Veteran
    I saw Conspiracy Theroy with Jesse Ventura last night thought this thread was going there. Humanzees.... creepy

This is a thorough well- thought out plan.
    That alone repudiates your brotherís theory for no one in the Jet front office is intelligent enough plot out such a plan.